THANKS for 2nd set of carbon fiber "mud-flap-chip-guard""

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, JonB, for the second set of the attractive and functional carbon fiber mud-flap-chip-guards for the front fender wells of Gen IV Vipers. When this set arrived, I actually THOUGHT about adding a base, and displaying them in our living room as modern sculpture !! I should note that when the first set of "guards" arrived, they were grabbed by Wife for her new yellow ACR Vert...where they look OEM...maybe SHOULD have come from Prefix :)

They look great on the orange/graphite stripe 2008 Coupe...easy to install, and look "original" in my opinion.

Here is OUR vote asking for rear fender well chip-guards to match the fronts...bringing the car into a better aesthetic balance...in my opinion.

OK, the voting is over, our motion carries...JonB, consider this an order for 2 sets for the rear "guards" and feel free to bill me in advance as you see fit.

THANKS, in advance!!!
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/637506-stone-chipping-behind-wheels.html

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be out of place with all the newer Vipers, but I saw Steve's yesterday and they looked great on the ACR. I am very interested in getting a set of these for my GTS as my new Pilot Sport's arrive this week.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks, JonB, for the second set of the attractive and functional carbon fiber mud-flap-chip-guards for the front fender wells of Gen IV Vipers. ...........Here is OUR vote asking for rear fender well chip-guards to match the fronts...bringing the car into a better aesthetic balance...in my opinion. OK, the voting is over, our motion carries...JonB, consider this an order for 2 sets for the rear "guards" and feel free to bill me in advance as you see fit. THANKS, in advance!!!

I'll take a set for the rear, the fronts were fantastic !!!

UNCLE, UNCLE! We have a mule-car in TODAY, mocking up the REAR MUDGUARDS.

We will have a prototype in 5 days, and a mold in 14-21 days. We will have product to ship in about 5 weeks.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Keep the front sill guards coming...3 Vipers at small car show today (show stealers as usual), 2 owners want sill guards for Gen IV's !!! And once ya have fronts...gotta have rears !!!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The REARS are a bugger, the Coupes and Roadsters are diffreent, so DOUBLE the development cost. Coupes first, because we ASSumed wrong......

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
That's certainly too bad...but I'm sure looking forward to putting the rear guards on our 08 Coupe whenever they become available.

Thanks for the update, JonB.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The ROADSTER Rears have been muled, a mold made, a test pair made. # 1 pair was test fitted last week, and came out perfect. So we OKd the CF production and ordered 15 sets. 6 are pre-sold. We hope to have those 15 here in 2 more weeks.... end of Sept.

The COUPE was only muled last week, so at least end of October on Coupe rears. THANKS to those that have bought em and spread the word.......those that SEE EM, Want Em....

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The stone guards for the rear fender wells are now here...hope to install today or tomorrow, noting the weather is not good. Sure am happy that they arrived before I put the chains on the 2010 ACR Convertible !!! OK...just kidding about the chains! :)

THANKS, JonB....and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to All.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice on the additional drag, Fatboy 18...and my Wife kindly pointed out that the guards would surely create no more drag than my ears!!! :)

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As one looks at the whole package, the 4 guards really look great...not just possibly "functional" (noting that paint chip prevention was my primary goal)especially on the yellow/black/yellow driver's stripe ACR vert which has plenty of other carbon fiber parts.

Concerning the drag factor predicted
by Fatboy 18, maybe I'll issue an alert to Smart Cars, Mini's, and the like..."Caution: Wake Turbulance"!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave