Thanks John B! 3.73's installed today in my Gen III.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man talk about waking up a car! Seriously the car GOES! I drove over a 100 miles each way the shop said they would be broken in just fine if I stopped and let them cool at least once on the way home, John B said they would be fine as well. So I got on it a couple of times close to home to at least get a feel will rolling into it in 1st through 3rd gears. Install shop did an amazing job and the gears are whisper quiet. I have had ring and pinion gears changed out many times over the years and this is definitely the quietest install yet (hence driving the long distance to get it done right the first time).

On concrete with the Nitto Invo's it was hooking pretty good, right on the edge of spinning. Asphalt I was actually having to drive the car in first and slightly peddle the 1-2 shift. Cruising at 80 mph on the long toll road on the way home the car was seeing about 1,800 rpm's in sixth.

Now I know it's just gears and not TT's or a Blower but for a simple addition I am happy with the performance gain.

I purchased the gear set and install kit from John B last Friday and they were at my door by 10 am Wednesday morning, west coast to Texas. Thanks John for such great service I really appreciate it!

Andy Wheeler

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4