The adventure of Jason's Gen I head gasket change. LOL!

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jason asked me at a Viper meeting if I could work on his car. He needed his head gasket changed. He wanted to know if he could watch and I said hell no!
You can help out and I will instruct you. Jason is a newbie to this kind of car :D So Jason got a lesson on changing a head gasket on his Gen I Viper.

Enjoy the pictures.

Jason I had a good time! ;), hope you learned something and made another VCA guy happy!

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason, thanks for posting this, it's been a great and enjoyable read so far. That pic of you bending over the engine at a 90 degree angle made my back ache.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Another great write-up from Adam! Hey Mods, can this be copied and put in the illustrated Upgrades section? :2tu:

Hold off on that for now. This is no where near the detail I was going to give/ write up. This is just a summary and a poke at my buddy Jason. Come on Michael, you know me better than that! LOL!:rolaugh: The details I gave here represents maybe 20% of what needs to be done.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold off on that for now. This is no where near the detail I was going to give/ write up. This is just a summary and a poke at my buddy Jason. Come on Michael, you know me better than that! LOL!:rolaugh: The details I gave here represents maybe 20% of what needs to be done.

True, but it's a good start and I figure you would be adding to it later anyway.......................:D:D

Where were you on the Dragon Run?!! :nono::nono::nono:

You going to make Tony's BBQ? :2tu:

Leatherman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent pictoral write up and a great confidence booster when I have to do it myself quite soon.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great description - thanks.

How did the head gaskets look?

I think there's a better picture of the old gaskets that Adam took. If I remember correctly I think Adam said they didn't look too bad. 21k on the car currently.

That engine is to red accents as my GTS is to white hood vents! :lmao:

True story Dave. One of the previous owners went crazy on painting things red. All the way from the engine compartment, to the plate under the transmission, to the bolts holding the steering wheel on, to the hinges & supporting rod in the trunk.

Jason, thanks for posting this, it's been a great and enjoyable read so far. That pic of you bending over the engine at a 90 degree angle made my back ache.

Yep, I'm still feeling some of that very pain today :)

This is very true, I did waaaaaaaaaaaaay more work than was pictured here :rolaugh:

Although some pictures of me putting it back together are missing b/c Adam was out riding an atv. :drive:

When u movin to Californa ab? Better question... When u gettin another viper? :D

During the post swap test drive he said that it was making him miss his Viper, so maybe he'll add a snake to his garage :2tu:

Quote of the day:
"Don't take this the wrong way, but I want you to take my fire extinguisher with you for the ride home" ~Adam

Thanks for teaching me about my car Adam! I had a great time and learned a lot. I may just have to come back and help put that black car of yours back together.... I hear there is some engine work involved and since I'm now an expert and all

:lmao:

Oh, the yellow wires are also ****! If you don't have them already you should get a set. qualitywires dot com

ruf575

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Adam, Great pictures and story! I did my headgaskets a little while back and bought your wires (Love them) Thanks again!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome job guys! Love to see guys doing there own work! Great job for helping him out as well AB.:2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True story Dave. One of the previous owners went crazy on painting things red. All the way from the engine compartment, to the plate under the transmission, to the bolts holding the steering wheel on, to the hinges & supporting rod in the trunk.

It's like a reverse McViper... Red wheels and red stripes would really complete the look. :no:

He had to add all that red to make it faster!!! :D :poke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss