The New ACR

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's gonna be interesting to see the MSRP on these new ACR's vs. the dealer mark ups. I'm hoping the dealers who monitor these boards like hawks don't prey on all the emotion being displayed. Wasn't it the dealers who were the real yoyo's that screwed up the unveiling of the G5?

ViperPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall any crazy markups on the Gen V. All I know is that when I first saw one it was a white with black stripe GTS and I didn't like it at all. Later they got a yellow with black stripes GTS... didn't like that one either. I saw a carbon edition in town here and I was hooked.

I can't imagine they would do that with the Viper. Most dealers want to get rid of them. Not hold on to them... imo.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP on the new FGT is half what the dealerships are asking right now. MSRP on the Hellcat is about $40k less than what dealers are asking. We will see how this all plays out. And don't call me a hater either...I think they hit a home run with the ACR.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MSRP on the new FGT is half what the dealerships are asking right now. MSRP on the Hellcat is about $40k less than what dealers are asking. We will see how this all plays out. And don't call me a hater either...I think they hit a home run with the ACR.
Yeah, sales of the ACR have always been 4 digit numbers yearly.

orlanderlv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, i'm in for a new ACR. However, I am not interested if either there's a markup or there won't be a discount of some kind. I don't know when they will start to be sold but if a dealer wants to offer me discounted price on a new ACR I would put down a deposit immediately.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read somewhere that this new ACR was gonna have a 10 liter V-10.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the ACR will be part of the 1 of 1 program. Dealers will not be stocking them as much as assisting in the ordering process.

Starting at just under $114K each customer may choose all the options their pocket book can afford. Each ACR has the potential to be exactly the dream machine that each individual purchaser would choose.

No longer need to shop all over the country to find the car you desire. Just a few minutes at the computer can begin the begin the process of your own bespoke Viper.

The dealers with the largest allocations will be the place to go.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to know what a fully optioned ACR is going to cost.

orlanderlv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd love to know if the 1of1 program includes the ACR stripe as an option for other Viper packages (like the TA 2.0).

fremontcdjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In NorCal Fremont CDJR will not be marking them up. Ask around we are a pretty reputable dealer and have delivered many Vipers inc T/A 2.0. Feel free to PM us for orders.

orlanderlv

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't that make someone a poser if they did that?

Not sure I see the relevance there. If I choose not to purchase an ACR, the offset stripe is attractive and my configuration would likely be close to the price of a base ACR anyway.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to have a black on black fully optioned ACR with the Adrenaline stripe on the driver side. That'd be the ******* right there.

cigar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: (MSRP) of $117,895 (excluding destination and gas guzzler tax).acr 2016

MotorAuthority said:
The new 2016 Dodge Viper ACR is coming at you hard and fast. Following the reveal late last week, Dodge has released the all-important pricing details and we’ve also managed to get the first live shots of the car along with a video of its engine starting up and revving.

Pricing starts at just $122,490, which includes the car’s $2,495 destination charge and $2,100 gas guzzler tax. That’s not a bad deal considering the 2016 Viper ACR is the fastest street-legal Viper ever to emerge from the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant, and it’s probably just as quick—or quicker—than pricier rivals such as the $151,585 Nissan GT-R NISMO and $176,895 Porsche 911 GT3 RS.

The Chevrolet Corvette Z06 may be cheaper at $78,995 but the Viper ACR is a much, much more exclusive product. Dodge hasn’t mentioned how many Viper ACRs it plans to build each model year but numbers will almost certainly be limited, so if you’re interested you had better let your local Dodge dealer know soon as the order books are already open. Production is slated to commence in the third quarter of 2015.¹

¹ http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1098268_2016-dodge-viper-acr-pricing-live-photos-engine-rev-video

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To answer a few of the questions, as we have already ordered some ACRs, the base price will be 122,490 with gas guzzler and shipping plugged in ( Manufacturers almost always like to post a retail price excluding those items). The car can be part of the 1 of 1 Program , but that is not a necessity. In fact, all the ones we have ordered for customers at present , are not in said program. The Extreme Aero Package is not available yet, so the vents in the hood , rear panels, bigger wing and strut adjustable front splitter are not in the mix, yet. As noted , we are not jacking up the price , and the big shocker to me was that the Carbon Ceramic brake package was standard -- Jorgensen did some figuring on the cost and both of us figured that would be an upgrade option only ( well thanks Dodge , we were wrong).

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill...

So how would the Extreme Aero Package affect the price when available?

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer a few of the questions, as we have already ordered some ACRs, the base price will be 122,490 with gas guzzler and shipping plugged in ( Manufacturers almost always like to post a retail price excluding those items). The car can be part of the 1 of 1 Program , but that is not a necessity. In fact, all the ones we have ordered for customers at present , are not in said program. The Extreme Aero Package is not available yet, so the vents in the hood , rear panels, bigger wing and strut adjustable front splitter are not in the mix, yet. As noted , we are not jacking up the price , and the big shocker to me was that the Carbon Ceramic brake package was standard -- Jorgensen did some figuring on the cost and both of us figured that would be an upgrade option only ( well thanks Dodge , we were wrong).

Thank you Mr. Pemberton. There is a lot of speculation about the Extreme Aero Package, is there any way you could tell us approximately when that will be available and what you think that might cost and does it include the rear diffuser? I personally believe it is this very package that gives the car it's sex appeal and has sparked the most interest (CCB's notwithstanding).

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have to keep my lips sealed , but it definitely is not going to put the car in the 140K range. Folks will be pleased is all I can say, and probably should not have mentioned anything , but super high guesses just get the Viper faithful all worked up and this is not the case with this upgrade.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to keep my lips sealed , but it definitely is not going to put the car in the 140K range. Folks will be pleased is all I can say, and probably should not have mentioned anything , but super high guesses just get the Viper faithful all worked up and this is not the case with this upgrade.
so there you have it............... $139,999 lol

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score

You Sir would make my day if my guess is way out in left field.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an incredible value the ACR is when you compare it to the Porsche 911 and the GTR Nismo. Between the base model, the GTS, the T/A, the 2.0, GTC, the ACR lite, ACR extreme....all at fair prices...no one has a damn thing to ***** about and it looks like lightly used and well maintained G5's will be on the market in abundance for people like myself in the not too distant future to buy and slap a Sledgehammer on.

OP
OP
F

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's redirect this thread back to the ACR...the car that gave the Viper world a massive shot of B-12.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Let's redirect this thread back to the ACR...the car that gave the Viper world a massive shot of B-12.

I'm with you, however, I would need to do some clean up and remove all the off topic comments

-Edit-
Off Topic comments removed by request of OP
Have a great Day All

Last edited:

DoingOK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the information Bill.......and it was pleasure putting my deposit down with you. Now the excruciating task of picking a color. :crazy2: I guess waiting for the extreme aero availability will give me extra time.

snakeplissken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea when the Extreme Aero Package will be available? Will the ACR be a limited run or regular production model? Thanks