The paint job is done

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been repainting my 2003 Viper. http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/633484-winter-project.html

It all done. I love the new color Viper blue looks so good.

Before
You must be registered for see images attach

Now

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the new color. The wide stripes are nice. Not sure about the blue tail lamps.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like the B/W, but if you are going to paint the car anyway, why not do something a little unusual? dont get me wrong - i am not saying paint a darth vader or dolphins on the car, but maybe paint the car a different hue of blue other than what is available from the factory?

just askin.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, had no idea the car was previously black. Gotta love the Blue/White :D

Looks like the car still needs to be color-sanded and buffed, when is that scheduled to happen?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I'm being honest, I love the blue/white, but the tail lights and the facia emblem are over the top. Small items, but you lost me there.

But I don't get to drive it... :D

FEDBYVORTECH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What paint did you use? Base Coat with a clear? Any pics of the process? Hard to tell from the pics they seem hazy. That is alot of work did you paint it in your garage? Sorry so many questions. I have painted a few cars myself in a 2 car garage. Kinda toying with the idea if I dont find the SSG I am looking for. But If I were to paint it I would go something a little different in color than stock.

OP
OP
B

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has not been buffed waiting till i get it back to az. The tails had to be done they were scratched real bad.

OP
OP
B

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What paint did you use? Base Coat with a clear? Any pics of the process? Hard to tell from the pics they seem hazy. That is alot of work did you paint it in your garage? Sorry so many questions. I have painted a few cars myself in a 2 car garage. Kinda toying with the idea if I dont find the SSG I am looking for. But If I were to paint it I would go something a little different in color than stock.

Yes i did it in my garage and it is base coat clear coat. I always loved the way the 96 and 97 B/W looked so i has to have it. Just like the gen 3 better than the gen 2.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on 'ya!! Did my 01 in the garage as well. Today's paints are great to spray and the color selection is phenomenal. Got all my stuff from TCP Global.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sweet! Do you paint for a living? That is ballsy painting a car that nice as a hobby, good on ya! :)

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks great other than the tail lamps...They would look better smoked...

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know..... i think if you painted some silver stripes on the black paint it would have looked better.....with the top up i dont care for the blue and white . But to each there own....

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huge balls for taking that on yourself. Less the emblems and the lamps, the car looks good. Would the factory front emblem cover up the stenciled portion?

DeceptioN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a first edition, but been considering painting it black with red stripes. How much time did the entire process take you? I have a decent amount of painting experience.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456