The Perfect Reaction Time on the Tree

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife took some pictures of the G5 launching at the dragstrip. The pics were taken with a Canon EOS60. The camera was in sports mode set to take multiple high speed bursts. She was pretty lucky and caught the car stage, yellow, yellow and green. What is interesting is how long before the green the car started to launch. I always shallow stage so that I can get a running start on the green.

I do not know how it will work, however, I have posted five pics (934 thru 938) on "My Gallery". These are great high res pics. If you download all five and arrange them in order and then open the first one with MS Photo Gallery and then sequence thru them you will see some interesting action: the movement way before the green; the front rising; the back squatting, then rising. If they were not so interesting I would not post them.

Here is the first pic:

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She tried, the five stills do a very good job of showing the fundamentals of the front/rear reaction of the car, keep in mind these five pics are happening in less than 0.2 seconds. They are probably shot at 1/2000 of second and movies are much lower speed (usually 1/30th sec). The camera does has a slow motion record/playback feature, I will try that and see if there is enough stop action output. I ran across the sequence by accident. I have a lot of video of the G2 , however, nothing as good as the combination of these five to show the car's reaction. When you sequence thru the five pics it is like an old cartoon where they use multiple sheets of paper to give motion

I will try the slow motion video option next time out.

Why not just take a video Jack? :dunno:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hurt feelings and I am sure they do the job,but those rear rims look like shi.. on that nice Gen.5...

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paint them the matching color of the front rims...I know,these toys are a endless money pit...

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly, I saw no need to spend a couple thousand for wheels that will only be used at the strip. The only physical drawback is their weight.

Paint them the matching color of the front rims...I know,these toys are a endless money pit...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth