The Sterling Snake gets her stripes! ACR-X Wing

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well after nearly a month of waitng my baby got her warrior stripes! I have always loved the Comp Coupe tapered stripes so with some help from a couple members and inspiration from Leslie!! My Viper has emerged looking just down right sick! In person the car just screams fast. This viper is mainly a track car now and seldom street driven.

I want to send out BIG PROPS To Steve at "Vipair" on is incredible ACR-X Wing!! This thing looks so good and sleek. Pure Carbon Fiber and extremely High quality! The Paint shop was extrememly impressed at the finish on it and not much prep work was needed to paint it. I had the X-Wings painted with the Fangs logo on the outside and in black. As with all wings the proof is in the downforce & handling and this is an exact replica of the ACR-X. So I cann't wait to put it through the motions next month at Mid-Ohio! I have increased the spring rates so this will be a real test and tune all day for me! So excited!

Sorry the pics are so big ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And a nice shot of her a$$ ;)

Last edited:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great.

Tell me, do the yellow straps stay on the tow hooks or are they removed? I would think at speed those would flap a lot and tear up your paint.

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great.

Tell me, do the yellow straps stay on the tow hooks or are they removed? I would think at speed those would flap a lot and tear up your paint.

I just dont have the front one tucked in. The back one doesn't budge. They are very stiff and won't flopp around. I got them from Mark J.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!!

Shandon, are you excited or WHAT! It's like a different car!

Can't wait to get some pics of it on the track:)

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow!!!

Shandon, are you excited or WHAT! It's like a different car!

Can't wait to get some pics of it on the track:)

It IS! My wife and Kids were almost as excited as I was. They can't stop talking about how mean (sick---whatever that means) it looks now. You were so right about it feeling like I got a new Viper. :2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
As with all wings the proof is in the downforce & handling and this is an exact replica of the ACR-X. So I cann't wait to put it through the motions next month at Mid-Ohio! I have increased the spring rates so this will be a real test and tune all day for me! So excited!

]

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a front splitter on your car. I fail to see how the car will handle any better with 900+ lbs on the rear without downforce on the front also. As a matter of fact, Dodge even ADDED another set of dive planes on the ACRX.

Car looks sweet though.:2tu:

lilgookiemonsta

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to do a double take because I thought it was a coupe at first haha :) Great look! I'm lovin' it!

OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't see a front splitter on your car. I fail to see how the car will handle any better with 900+ lbs on the rear without downforce on the front also. As a matter of fact, Dodge even ADDED another set of dive planes on the ACRX.

Car looks sweet though.:2tu:

You are "Forgiven":lmao:Good Eye though!! I have the front splitter off so I could load and unload it off the trailer (Notice the black supports on the outside front wheel wells where it attaches). I use an Autoform fromt splitter that I feel works wonderful and costs way way less when you have an off track excursions to repair:D. I had it striped too to match. When I get it back on after I change the springs out Ill post up a picture of it on.:2tu:

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
You are "Forgiven":lmao:Good Eye though!! I have the front splitter off so I could load and unload it off the trailer (Notice the black supports on the outside front wheel wells where it attaches). I use an Autoform fromt splitter that I feel works wonderful and costs way way less when you have an off track excursions to repair:D. I had it striped too to match. When I get it back on after I change the springs out Ill post up a picture of it on.:2tu:

I bet it looks good.:2tu:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!! Really looks GOOD.
The wing "fits" your car well...IMO

Congrats Man!!!!!!

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please explain the shape of the wing for me. I assume its in the neutral position but the middle sections looks like it would create lift.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth