the Z06 roof fly off video......lol

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a flimsy, pile of junk. The first thing the owner should do is buy a helmet. The second thing he should do is drive it back to the Chevy dealer and return it.

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My roof flew off on a major highway in Dallas...it was not cool. I was very lucky that it did not hit another car. This problem affects all Vettes with a solid roof panel, Z06 or not. They have fixed the problem for the new cars but it is very embarrassing to have the roof fly off of your new $80k car...actually it *****!!

What really made me mad is that it took GM nearly six weeks to get a replacement roof to my dealer. They wanted to re-glue the orginal at first (after painting it again) but I said no.

This was the nail in the coffin for me and my Z06. Too much BS to own the car and too many service problems (brake problems and a delivery disaster). I loved it when it ran, but after the roof fiasco, I had enough of GM and sold the car. Thus my new 06 Viper Coupe...lovin every day since! :nana:

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the roof really didnt FLY off :(

I'm thinking it came loose and they just pulled it the rest of the way off. He didn't seem to pisssed. Maybe it was'nt his money that bought it.

Nope non-pissed at all! Bradley had fun kicking the roof off. Wish I could have done it! I got a good look at how the thing was made at a recent event and it looks pretty cheap. Great follow car for some video though!

--RS

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I knew the Z06 came in a targa, I'd have considered it. Nice.

;-)

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the roll of duct tape on the passenger's side floor? Do all Z06 Vets come with a complementary roll? I wonder if the salesmen have a shade of each color in their desk drawer, and when you buy the car they check to see what color car you got and then say "Here ya go, you might want to put this on BEFORE you drive it." as they hand you your tape.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just remove the glued-on roof, then someone in the aftermarket could design a carbon fiber clamp on design. Best of both worlds....a Z06 targa. GM didn't think this was a better idea? HOW MANY BRAINS work on each design?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That Ferrari that FLEW by in the end sounded AWESOME!

Yeah..it did. I stopped the Vid at 1:38.....and it is a 355 I believe. He must have been going a buck 30 at least.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links to other Chevy forums where people have actually had their roof fly off? I would like to use it as some ammunition for some vette owners!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but those guys look and sound like complete morons. Who would lay on their back and kick the roof off of their car on the side of the road and video tape it. Did any one notice the headliner had been removed. They should audition for "Jack@ss III".

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if the roof flew off with the windows open bet the headlining wasn't far behind...LOL

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have any links to other Chevy forums where people have actually had their roof fly off? I would like to use it as some ammunition for some vette owners!

As much as we joke and kid, in reality there is a very low number of Z06's who's roof came off. I think I read somewhere like less than 20 cars total although all cars had service bullitens.

BUT that is still no excuse for a flismy *** top. :rolleyes:

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as we joke and kid, in reality there is a very low number of Z06's who's roof came off. I think I read somewhere like less than 20 cars total although all cars had service bullitens.

BUT that is still no excuse for a flismy *** top. :rolleyes:

Roofs that flew off might be low but there are alot of roofs that started to separate! :eek: