Things that make you go hmmm.......

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does seem to smell a lot like bait. Especially with the price placed into the picture and not in the ad. It isn't like any scam auction that I've seen before. They often have prices that are totally ridiculous, and ask you to email them at a free email address. If this car had 90,000 miles on it, or a salvage title, that price wouldn't seem too unusual. If he claimed it had 300 miles on it, then definitely scam.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either that's a scam or this market is worse than we thought, or someone is REALLY desperate for some cash, the last two could be related. WOW

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did the same, this should be good.:eater:

if they dare respond and tell me where the car is, i will look at a map for a town about 30 minutes away from the car and tell them i can come right over. i hope the car isnt legit, otherwise i am going home with a used 2001 saphire GTS. :rolaugh:

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its not that odd of a price if its high miles or they got a good deal at an auction. There is another GTS, silver w/ purple strips, listed on "another viper site" for 28k totaly legit, I checked it out. I really wanted to buy it but I have empty pockets right now.

Whitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It says the car is in Plano TX, I am originally from Plano TX and I can tell you that doen't look anything like Plano. Plano is flat and doesn't have trees like that. I love how he blurred the whole license plate so that you couldn't tell what state it was.

Has anyone contacted him about it and asked to take a look? If no one has I will call him and tell him I live on Lake Ray Hubbard and see if we can meet.

I just an e-mail. I looked up the number and it is indeed a Dallas area number but if it is for real is yet to be determined.

Last edited:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local chief of police was looking at this car about 2 weeks ago.The owner claims to be on a ship in the persian gulf and the car in a shipping container ready to ship from NJ I think shipping allready prepaid.needless to say I dont have a new car coming to town.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
response from the seller.

Hi,
I am working in the US Navy and now I am on a mission on the Persian Gulf. I am on a aircraft carrier and I don't have phone access. I am selling the car for a low price because I have financial problems. The vehicle is currently located in NJ. The vehicle is already at the shipping company ready to be shipped. I already arranged the deal with another person but he changed his mind because he found another vehicle. He already paid the shipping charges. You will not pay shipping charges. Shipping is free. The car is insured in case of damage and it takes 4 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). I signed all the paperwork and I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer.
This is the VIN#: 1B3ER69E11V703383. The vehicle is registered in my name. There is no lien on the vehicle.
The general condition is impeccable. The vehicle is like new, completely working, perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents, no dents, door dings or scratches, it has always been garage kept, non-smoker, no pets. The car has 15,000 miles.
I will send you the pictures (in zip format) and the carfax report in my next messages. Verify your email. The messages may not come to inbox.
If you are still interested just let me know and I will send you more details in order to make a safe transaction.

Regards,
Eric

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it just told him i live in Ohio and i can easily drive to New Jersey to see the car. i told him i have cash in hand and asked where i can see it.

waiting response.

Reaction score
response from the seller.

Hi,
I am working in the US Navy and now I am on a mission on the Persian Gulf. I am on a aircraft carrier and I don't have phone access. I am selling the car for a low price because I have financial problems. The vehicle is currently located in NJ. The vehicle is already at the shipping company ready to be shipped. I already arranged the deal with another person but he changed his mind because he found another vehicle. He already paid the shipping charges. You will not pay shipping charges. Shipping is free. The car is insured in case of damage and it takes 4 days to be delivered at your door. It will come with all the necessary paperwork (clear title, bill of sale, user's manual, insurance etc). I signed all the paperwork and I have the clean and clear title ready for transfer.
This is the VIN#: 1B3ER69E11V703383. The vehicle is registered in my name. There is no lien on the vehicle.
The general condition is impeccable. The vehicle is like new, completely working, perfect running condition, with no hidden damages or accidents, no dents, door dings or scratches, it has always been garage kept, non-smoker, no pets. The car has 15,000 miles.
I will send you the pictures (in zip format) and the carfax report in my next messages. Verify your email. The messages may not come to inbox.
If you are still interested just let me know and I will send you more details in order to make a safe transaction.

Regards,
Eric

LOL He already paid the shipping charges, so the shipping is free. LOL

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen this scam before. It can't be for real. I remember looking at Vipers on EBay same type of scam. Oh I am in europe looking at another car etc. Its all scam. You will never see the car because it doesn't exist.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
after i asked to see the car:

John,
I can only deliver the car to your front door because I am not in US in this moment. The car will arrive at your door in 4 days. The shipping is paid. You will not pay shipping charges. As soon as the vehicle will be at your home, you will have 7 days to inspect and test drive the car. If you will not like the car 100% you will ship it back at my expense. I'm sure this will not happen because the car is in excellent condition.
The car is at the shipping company with all the paperwork inside. You will receive all the original documents and keys with the car. I signed all the paperwork and the title is ready to be transferred to the new owner. You will have the chance to inspect the car before I will be paid.
The only way we can do this transaction is through Ebay because I want a smooth and safe transaction.
If you are interested to buy my car, please send me your full name, shipping address and phone number so I can register the transaction with Ebay. Ebay will reply you with more details and informations about this transaction.

Thank you,
Eric

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my response:

where you are or where the car is doesnt matter - if you think i am sending $1 without seeing the car you are crazy. send the car then to my home, if i like it, you get the money. but until i actually get to see the car i will continue shopping for a viper.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
his response:

Good luck. I don't know what part from my previous message you didn't understand but I told you that I will be paid after you will inspect and accept the car.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First clue that it's a scam, he never once called the car a "Viper" in his e-mails. How many owners do you know that talk about their car and never call it by it's name?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is this the car you guys are talking about? I was just looking around on Autotrader locally and found it. I came on here to start a thread asking the same question as the OP lol.

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
So, now he has reverted to a more typical scam where he puts a ridiculously low price in the ad. That way, he knows that whoever is serious about following through is definitely clueless, and he is pretty safe in presenting this ridiculous sales scenario.

The scammers often put their email address in the bitmap of the picture, so that eBay doesn't catch them asking for contact outside of eBay. I don't know why this guy puts the price inside the picture. I'd guess that he doesn't know exactly why the scam is run the way he is doing it. He just has heard about it and thought he'd go fishing for a rich, ignorant, American, and sit back and see if he gets a bite.

I picture this as a hobby for them, exactly like fishing. Sometimes it works; but, often it is just a big smart fish (like B & I) that is just playing at tugging on your line.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
often it is just a big smart fish (like B & I)

Have you met John?? Not the brightest bulb in the pack if you know what I mean! :lmao:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456