Thinking of selling my Motons Club Sports w/ Springs

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I finally got my viper back from RSI. While it was away I bought some parts and was planing on installing them when the car came back but I am having 2nd thoughts.

I have the motons and springs but with all the power my car is making will the motons help or hurt traction in the quarter mile with my 18 inch drag radials and the lower ride(scraping) might annoy me. Will the weight xfer from front to rear improve or get worse.

I think that I should just sell them and use the money for a rear end or something else. What do you guys think?

vd.. :2tu:

OP
OP
V

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still have these for sale. If someone can chime in and let me know what a fiar price for these are I would appreaciate it. The Motons and srings are New in the box with caps.

email me at [email protected]

vd..

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper D what springs and spring rates do you have? I am interested but do not want a suspensiion too tight for the street since i do not race the Viper.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
viperd. i am no expert, but i think you should install the motons.

when i got my car back from DLM with the s/c i also went down to 18 inch rims for better traction. bought i also beleive that the suspension being low, has a lot to do with the way the car hooks up. espceially with extra power.

again , i am far from knowing much about cars,,but i know what it felt like stock.. it rides way to high and dosnt squat down enogh in the back and when you stepped on it stock it would just break the tires loose.

now, you can feel the front end lift up, the weight transfer to the back and the tires just stick to the road.(no spinning and this is with a s/c)

plus you dont have to go so low that you are scraping everything in sight.(though i like the look)

but for what its worth , i beleive even in straight line performance, the suspension being low helps it stick.

as for a fair price. call john b at the parts rack and see what he sells them for. he is probabally the lowest around so you can base your price off his. i would say never used atleast $3,500.maybe a few bucks less but not much.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Spring rates front and rear?

Asking price for the Motons?

By the way, they will help your traction and you don't have to lower the car.

They will help control wheel hop.

You can adjust the ride height to whatever you'd like it to be, within reason - it doesn't have to be super low.

You can can adjust the Motons to help out at the drags too and then return them to street settings.

Good product.

Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave