THIS REALLY *****!!!!!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha! I was just coming here to post about that, got beat to it. He does mention the deal would be off if Dodge set up something to prevent it (but for the $2k nonrefundable portion), and I wonder what Dodge has thought of, if anything on preventing just this sort of activity?

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever is doing this has 2 certs. and enjoys screwing someone else. Dodge is kind enough to set up a program to help us get first shot, sets the rules, then someone has the nerve to try to break the rules, in effect biting the hand that feeds them, which puts us all in jeopardy of any future "first shots". Hope Dodge can stop crooks like this.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is a free enterprise - I am not so sure he is doing anything wrong...

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's nothing really "wrong" with what he's doing; Dodge has created an artificial supply/demand situation, and this individual is trying to take advantage of it. Personally, it slightly offends my sense of Viper community, but nothing more.

FWIW, I have two viper certificates; to the extent that I may eventually choose not to accept the SRT10 they entitle me to, I'll apply them gratis to help someone else get an early car; top priority will be those who currently own Vipers but don't, for one reason or another, have a certificate.

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good for you Treynor!! I think your intentions are more in line with the spirit of those in the VCA community.
I know it's not illegal to sell off the certificate to the highest bidder....but there is something so distasteful about it!! AND I think it's immoral!! The intention of D/C in having this program wasn't to fatten our wallets!!
But every community has it's bottom-feeders!! And so we're seeing OURS!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's better for an original viper owner to get the $ for the resale rather than most dealerships, who would otherwise put a fat markup on the cars if they could (like for so many other high demand, low supply cars in the past).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave