Tinking about trading my FE GTS for an '08 coupe

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just thinking at this point in time. My FE GTS has about 4,000 miles on it and I hardly ever drive it. It's not that I don't like it - I love it. It is parked in my garage such that I have to move two cars to get it out. It is totally stock so the exhaust sound doesn't excite me (my wife likes it though). I have two other Vipers to drive - the '96 being my favorite but the FE SRT coupe is right up there also. The '08 coupe is very tempting, especially in venom red with silver stripes.

Someone tell me I'm nuts so I can put the thoughts to bed! PLEASE!!!

Bob K:dunno: :dunno: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just thinking at this point in time. My FE GTS has about 4,000 miles on it and I hardly ever drive it. It's not that I don't like it - I love it. It is parked in my garage such that I have to move two cars to get it out. It is totally stock so the exhaust sound doesn't excite me (my wife likes it though). I have two other Vipers to drive - the '96 being my favorite but the FE SRT coupe is right up there also. The '08 coupe is very tempting, especially in venom red with silver stripes.

Some tell me I'm nuts so I can put the thoughts to bed! PLEASE!!!

You already have 2 GENII's. I would sell the FE and get the 08' unless you are collecting it and think it's gonna be worth something in 20 years. If you want to drive and enjoy them now, get the 08':2tu:

rblong

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cars are made to drive - period. If your not going to drive it sell it so someone else can. Now if it were a original AC cobra (mil plus value) I would not drive it, but I would probably have in a museum anyway.

pocketAA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GEN I and GEN II cars will be the ones people want in the future. The GEN III just does not have the same appeal as the GEN I and GEN II. Regardless of what people say, any time you are talking to someone about the viper, the first thing they say is the GEN III does not do this car justice (talking about my GEN II RT/10). I have heard it time and again. I would keep the 02 FE because the GEN IV is nothing more than a souped-up GEN III. It has the same appeal to me as the GEN III. They broke the mold when the introduced the GEN I.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Each to thier own , but i really think the Gen III is just as appealing as the Gen II . I can't wait to get my 08. When Gen I changed to Gen II it only changed the hood and more HP . So you would have to say that a Gen II is nothing more than a Gen I souped up. If thats the only way you can get an 08 is to sell your FE I say go for it . I would do anthing to get one . Good thing I dont have to get rid of my ACR to get one . But what do you have to worry about you still have two other Gen II cars

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sell the ZO6 and complete your already nice collection with the 08 !!!
I wish I could add a 02 FE to my 96...

Last edited:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Gen I changed to Gen II it only changed the hood and more HP . So you would have to say that a Gen II is nothing more than a Gen I souped up.

That could not be more wrong.

The Gen 2 is a whole new car compared to the gen 1. New Fascia, Doors, Real Windows, Air bags, new interior, Real Door handles, new hood, new, new , new.....

The Gen 1 and Gen 2 cars are very different. I think the Gen 1 cars feel like they have more grunt on the low end.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some tell me I'm nuts so I can put the thoughts to bed! PLEASE!!!

I'm thinking if you don't DRIVE the FE and it's just parked there, trade it in on the '08.
Your FE GTS however, is an awesome BEAST, and I'd certainly be driving that one!!! On other hand, you can get your '08 EXactly how you want it....certainly something to ponder. Also agree with CODY--Gen I and Gen II could NOT be more different...Gen I more raw brute, Gen II a bit more civilized but still a brute.
Good luck with the decision! ~juli~

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, you have been very helpful (about 50/50 I'd say).:dunno:

The Z06 belongs to my wife and she has been talking like she wants a change - but another Viper is not what she has in mind. Now maybe if I taught her to drive the FE GTS I could make a case for it.:D

Bob K

Maybe I'll wait to see if I won the raffle car!!

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teach her, Teach her!!!!!! :drive: KEEP the FE GTS!!!! Everybody then is happy! :D
LOL ~juli~ (was I one of the GOOD 50, or the BAD 50??!! ;) )

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why trade? would you park it in the same place the fe sits? the reason i ask is if you don't drive the fe why would you drive the 08? i would guess you would say you plan to drive the 08 but most likely the same thing was said when you bought the fe. not trying to be smart because i have gone through the same thought process myself.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, go easy on the Gen II, Gen III thing.

The 08 may be the beginning of the end for the horsepower wars. They may be worth more than the Gen II over the long haul.

Saw a Gen III coupe (red w/silver stripes) in Princeton today. REALLY nice car. Love it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62