To Scam ...or not to Scam??

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a VEC1 for sale in the ad department. Below are the e-mails I received from this 'potential' buyer. I'm calling SCAM. Once something like this is posted, do the moderators have a way of tracking this stuff down and blocking these people from our site? On the flip side...if I'm wrong........I guess I lost a sale. Not likely.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
To: snelsonxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 11:32 PM
Subject: Viper Club of America Classifieds request more info about Ad Number 8089

Hello, Good Day to you ? i saw your advert placement on the internet and i will like to purchase your (VEC1) and Morewhich am intrested in purchasing it . I will like you to answer the following question before we can talk further .
1)Why do you want to sell it?
2)for how long do you have it?
3)Is it well okay or what? i mean the present condition
4)And i will like to have the recent pics of it question and my mode of payment lays on certified casheir's check, i will be handle the shipping as soon as the check clears your bank account. Because i have the shipping company who is taking care of my goods
5)And your last asking price offer please get back to me asap.
Thanks

<font color="blue"> I then replied and the below came today </font>

----- Original Message -----
To: Steve Nelson
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 5:28 PM
Subject: Sounds Good'''''''''''''

Thanks for your e-mail,So glad to hear that the said (VEC1) still for sale,i want you to know one thing that the Modeof payment is going to be Certified Cashier's Checks that will be drawn from an American.So there will be no problem in Cashing the Checks.Also i want you to know that you will be recieving a Cashier's Check of $4,000 that will sent to you one of my Client over there inthe USA who is owing me thisamount. So all i want you to do now is to recieve the Check , After then i will expect you to Cash it Immdiately at the Cashing Store. After the Check has been cashed i want you to Transfer the remaining excess funds to my Personal Assistant who will now Pay the Shipping Company to come over for the Pick up (I will handle theShipping so Shipping Should not any Problem) Also after the Funds has been cashed and you have transfered to my Personal Assitant the excess funds,All you need to do is to wait for the Shipping Company! to come over for the Pick up, You will be notify on the Day they will arrive so that you will around for them to Pickup the (VEC1). Also funds should be Transfered to my Personal Assistant via Western Union. The Western Union and the Cashing Store Charges should be deducted from the excess funds you are sending my Personal Assistant.

I am Compesating you with the Sun of $100 for the little stress you will be going through in the transaction, his now make your total income to be $325.So If this is Okay by you i want you to provide me with the Following Informations Which of course i will forward to my Client so that Payment will be Issued :
NAME: ......................
ADDRESS:.....................
CITY: ..............................
STATE:............................
ZIP CODE:............................
PHONE NUMBER:...................(HOME,CELL AND WORK)
With this i will expect to hear from you soonest today.......
Thanks.........

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whenever someone says, "Hello and Good day to you" you can rest assured it is a scam. Tell him to have a good day and funk off!

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Definitely scam. Overpayment and money back scams are pretty comon. Somehow the bank will temporarily honor the draft and then come back to you at a later date asking for their money back. Like the Nigerian widow scam, they always offer to throw extra $ at you hoping your greed will overrule your judgement. I hope you told him thanks but **** it and good day to you!

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like I figured...........but now we know it was Saint Spinner.........so it must be all right ;)

...I think maybe I'll 'hello and good day him' and raise the price to $1,000,000 American and see what the reply is.

Thanks for the input

Steve

pedro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Gen2 viper heads for sale and he sent the same information.He said ill send you a american Check for $6000.00 you take 2200.00 plus 100.00 for the little stress SCAM :nono:

Bluvenm97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scam for sure.. You'd think these guys would have learned how to speak proper English by now, just to make it look good..

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He would also like your Social Security # and your ATM pin number so the next casheir's check he sends can come from your account!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456