To those selling your Vipers

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a VERY clean example, free of flaws and in almost perfect condition (yes, I know almost everyone thinks their cars fit that criteria), and you are asking a premium price, just hang in there guys...

Several months ago I put my 98 GTS for sale. Well, it finally sold. Like I said before, all it takes is one buyer. The gentleman that bought it said he looked at over a dozen Vipers...all which were claimed to be immaculate and in perfect condition. It just so happened to be mine was. I had dozens of calls of people making offers over the phone, none which even took a look at the car in person.

So...if you have a VERY CLEAN car, my advice is to entice your potential buyer to come and see the car in person. If you have an extremely clean, well-taken example, hang in there. If you don't have to sell, it may take time, but the right buyer will come around. :) - yes, I will miss her, but at least I have her for 4 more days. Deposit arrived today. Delivery will take place this weekend.

Now...how about them ACR's...? :D

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing mine isn't super clean. LOL

Might have to sell mine if my industry gets any worse. We just got told to limit our work week to 40 hours now. No more fat OT checks.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale. I would categorize my car as pristine also, but I have not had your luck in terms of interest or a sale. Oh well, I will continue to drive it!!

martyb

Username

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I consider my car driven and cleaned on occaision.... guess I'll be keeping it awhile.

OP
OP
T

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good thing mine isn't super clean. LOL

Might have to sell mine if my industry gets any worse. We just got told to limit our work week to 40 hours now. No more fat OT checks.

Hang in there man...we are all in there for the ride. Hope to see things getting better for all. :2tu: soon...

JK-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Proud to say I'm the new owner of the '98 GTS (1 month today). As TAILWAG put it, the car is immaculate! - by far the definition of MINT. What really sold me was the way he kept it: the detailed records and the careful advice he gave on how to handle her. If everyone kept their cars like him, there would be no need to ever buy new ones! haha

This is my first Viper, it has been my lifelong dream to own a RED GTS! Glad to be part of your community - I will join the VCA soon! :2tu:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, my Mamba sold after 10 days of advertising (at a price of what some 08s are going for)....Recommendations: keep all documents from time of delivery if possible...Monroney appears to be important.....Engine compartment should be immaculate,change the oil/filter (nothing worse than a visual at the dipstick with dirty oil)...all wheels should be pulled,brake dust removed by a compressor around the calipers, fender wells should be detailed,keep Armor All to a minimun in the interior....remember this is a very competitive market....keep a car cover on the car...perceptions/presence are 70 percent of selling....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth