Top Gun Run STANDING MILE Event

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top Gun Run STANDING MILE Event, Nov 14

Dear Members,

On Saturday, November 14, join other Exotic Car Enthusiasts for the 1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event, that will be held at the Dade Collier Air Strip located about 25 miles west of Miami.

This event is like NO OTHER. You will have 1 Mile to accelerate as fast as you can, and to achieve the fastest MPH in this distance. There are only a few other places in the US you can do this safely, and without fear of earning any speeding tickets. This is in our backyard, so be sure to come out and have a great time.

There will be 3 beautiful trophies awarded to the top 3 places.

Regular price is $225 per driver, $275 day of event. For all paid VCA Members, it is $200. To register, please print out the Tech form, fill out and include a check payable to Top Gun Run. Send the check to Viper Club, P.O. Box 415179, Miami Beach, FL 33141-5179. They must get your check by Friday November 6 in order to get that price. Don't delay; space is extremely limited! Once it sells out, it's done.

FYI, I am working on getting a Buggati Veyron out to play that day, but rest assured, there will be many exotics out that day. Come and represent the Viper and show them that we've got what it takes to go the full mile and to put down some serious MPH and take home that trophie.

This is where Big Dogs Play. Yes, the 1/8 Mile is fun; 1/4 Mile is exciting. The Standing Mile? Well let's just say that there aren't many who will have what it takes to go the distance.

Also... On Saturday, November 7, there is an Open Class Top Gun Run where anything modern runs, including motorcycles. If you're interested in coming out, please don't hesitate to do so. The record so far in the Standing Mile is 261 by a Toyota Turbo Supra, and 265 by a Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo.

Visit www.topgunrun.com for further details.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you get this airport to let ya do this ?

dang, i wish there was one up north here to do this.......

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how do you get this airport to let ya do this ?

dang, i wish there was one up north here to do this.......

In the mid 1960s, they started construction to what was supposed to be the largest and most modern airport in the whole world, with train service to and from Miami, which is located 30 miles east of the airport strip.

After the first runway was constructed, everyone thought the impact on the Everglades was too great, so they basically abandoned the project. So now there is a white elephant that measures 2 miles by 150', with a return road that measures 2 miles by 80'.

The air strip is used for Military ops especially at night, PLUS for pilots to practice landing and taking off.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Formula One Sportscars of Coral Gables have comfirmed their attendance with several Porsche Carrerra GTs, PLUS a Maserati MC12 and other interesting cars.

I also know that they are also trying to get Preston Henn's collection out there that includes his Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari FXX Super, among other notable pieces in his collection.

Also, please save the date: February 21-22, 2010.

A weekend to enjoy your Viper in beautiful sunny Miami while attending the exclusive Viper Top Gun Run event, PLUS a Track Day at Homestead! Details to follow shortly.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Formula One Sportscars of Coral Gables

I also know that they are also trying to get Preston Henn's collection out there that includes his Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari FXX Super

Excuse the hi-jack. I thought that the owners of an FXX had to leave the car with Ferrari when not using it.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Formula One Sportscars of Coral Gables

I also know that they are also trying to get Preston Henn's collection out there that includes his Bugatti Veyron and Ferrari FXX Super

Excuse the hi-jack. I thought that the owners of an FXX had to leave the car with Ferrari when not using it.

NP. As far as I know, he keeps his car with him at his car display in his business. I have been to some Ferrari Events where they do take the FXX to different tracks throughout the states for track days for the owners of these cars.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some great news about our next upcoming Top Gun Run event on November 14, 2009. At first there were 2 events lined up, but now they have both been combined to one event. The good news is that for all VCA Members, the price drops from $200 to $125 ($150 regular) per driver per car. Passengers are still $50 pp and spectators are still $10 pp. There is however, a special VIP class that can allow for you to run before everyone else for an hour, plus will allow you to run more often during the course of the day. That VIP price is now the $200 per driver. Nonetheless, you should be able to get enough runs that will allow the amount of gas in your gas tank in the regular class. You can get all the details by visiting TOP GUN RUN . As mentioned before, this event will be quite large with many exotic cars out with big horsepower. Many Ford GTs have already signed up, so we really need some big HP Vipers to challenge them. This is truly one unique event that is like none other. To be able to drive as fast as you can for 1 straight mile, and do it without getting a ticket.

If you want to come out and take advantage of the pricing that is for all VCA members only, email them at [email protected] and mention to them you're from the Viper Club. They will send you a link to pay by PayPal via a credit card. If you have sent in a check already, I will not forward it, but hold it and give it to you the day of the event, or send it back to you beforehand if you wish.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an incredible weekend we all had. Hats off to Ivan for a great event and he did a good job announcing the times and running the show. Good idea to have the girls going around with water so everyone stayed hydrated. Bobby Disturbeds car not only ran very consistent all day it sounded great.

I just loaded up some pics. I was able to run a 170, 171, & 172. I was hoping for a little more from my stock 09 Viper. Unfortunately the wind was not favorable and I am sure that pinched everyone for a few mph. There was a modded ZO6 that ran 173. Most of the stock ones were running 166mph on this day.
Older Maserati ran 156
2010 Camaro with a supercharger ran a 157.
Renntech 4 door Benz ran at 183.
The highest time was Randle at 197 in his TT Gallardo.
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

Blair decided not to run his Viper and showed up in style with his Bentley. I will post up some more pics later.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sure is Phil. Roland the owner is in the second picture.

Rarely do you see a car overpower the track the way Bellos Porsche did. In February we are going to do this again and hopefully we will have better conditions. There were more smiles per mile then ever before;)

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way to go DLM and roland !!!

i saw his car getting built. mine was there at the same time. his car is beautiful. glad to hear its running so good.

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats Zachs girlfriend. Liz is the other young lady and she is a ******. Thanks to Ivan for picking out the Beverage Ladies so we stay hydrated and pumped up all day.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was able to run a 170, 171, & 172 in my stock 09 SRT. I was hoping for a little more from my stock 09 Viper. Unfortunately the wind was not favorable and I am sure that pinched everyone for a few mph. There was a modded ZO6 that ran 173. Most of the stock ones were running 166mph on this day.
all of a sudden im NOT so impressed with the vette.

where are the SRT bashers NOW ?

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks :) I was very happy with her, broken exhaust manifold and all :omg: she did 149,166,173 and the 178.5 I wanted to go one more time but the damage was too much :( next time we should plan to park together so we can chat,I had a great time everyone was so friendly regardless of the car brand.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Richie,

Thanks for posting all these pictures. Working the event, I hadn't met these young ladies until the end but as long as it kept people busy, they did their job, lol.

Dave's Ford GT ran a 172 MPH in the mile. Not sure if he could've put down a few MPH more.

Thanks again to everyone who came out and took part in this awesome venue. There's another one coming up early next year so let's get everyone down here for that and see who the King of the Mile is.

Brake Dust

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen 2 Gts 97 Or 96 Stock In M/T test Standing Mile 30.1 Sec @ 173.8 Mph :D . [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxwTqQo1Qf0&feature=related[/media] I am sure this is old news but still very cool.