Tough Decision, But I'm Selling My 2004 Red SRT-10

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tough Decision, But I\'m Selling My 2004 Red SRT-10

Just listed my 2004 red SRT-10 in the VCA classified section. Only has 1400 miles and it's in perfect condition. I'm asking $71,900. If interested, please check the classified section for more information. I'll be very sad to see this car go, but somebody is going to get a very nice Viper. Thanks.

BishopTx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Tough Decision, But I\'m Selling My 2004 Red SRT-10

You believe the car has already dropped $13K in value, in only 1400 miles?
I guess that's somewhat normal, but is just shocking to see written down.

that's a ton of depreciation in a really short timeframe.

hopefully my wife doesn't see this -- I really did a nice sales job on positioning the purchase of my new 04 SRT-10 as an "investment"...

:shocked:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The only good automotive investment lately seems to be the Enzo Ferrari. From $600K to $1.6mil. Should have sold your wife on one of those!

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Most people did not pay sticker price for the car, I paid $68k for mine brand new, it stickered for $79k. Its worth somewhere around $55k now. I can look at it a couple of ways, I can say the car depreciated $24k in 3 years or $13k in three years. I just found a '04 z06 with 600 miles for $40k, it stickers over $55k, now that's a loss.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

The guy that is selling his z06 for 40k is a little off, since you can get a new 04 for that price--even in CA. Good luck.

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score

prvt jet,
I know there are some great deals out there but how did you get a new one for $68k?

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I wore the "investment" one out with my wife. So I bought her a corvette and that worked better. Kinda like Ron White says "Diamonds, that'll shut her up".

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

BishopTx............Unfortunately, I'm afraid my asking price is reality. After shopping the wholesale market from coast to coast, the highest bid I received was $70,000, so I'm just trying to pick up a few extra bucks at $71,900. If I were willing on waiting 3 or 4 months, I could probably get a higher price, but I had rather ask a realistic price and sell the car fairly quickly. In the meantime, enjoy your Viper. They are truly awesome machines!!!

Viper IV

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The investment thing never worked for me either. It cost me a new Jaguar for my wife to put things on an equal scale for my Viper. That has been the best attitude adjustment I have made in the house.
Ferrarri cost me a new Mercedes
Lamborghini / Mercedes
Corvette / Mercedes
65 Cobra / Jaguar
and life goes on expensive but happy and so on...

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

By the way, do any of you have advice on the best way to sell my 2004 SRT-10? The only place I have it listed is in the VCA classified section. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

unclgreggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

David,

Don't go so low! You can get what you want if you're patient. Don't be fooled by all the low ball numbers you see on the board. Post a pic of the car so we can see it!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

man oh man....i was thinking about purchasing a c6 but the hell with that idea if I can pick up an 04 srt-10 with 1400 miles for 70k....Hopefully the case stays the same in about 3-4 months!!

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dhady.......This particular SRT-10 will not be around in 3 or 4 months, but you should definitely consider a Viper before buyng the C-6. And the price is $71,900, not $70K. 70k is the wholesale bid on my car which I have not accepted. This SRT-10 is going to be a really good deal for somebody!!!! Good luck with your decision.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have seen Davids 04 Viper and parked next to a showroom new 04 you could never tell the difference unless you looked at the mileage.
Davids car looks showroom new, he takes care of it better than most men take care of the girlfriend or wife or both.

Anyone looking to buy an 04 but not wanting to pay the discounted price from the sticker I would look at this Viper.

Rohn

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the reason why I wanted to get a c6 instead was becuase of the $$$ but at this price this car is amazing. And yes sorry got a little excited and realize that the price is $71,900....still one hell of a deal!! Would you be interested in trading cash plus a 98 Lincoln Navigator?? (its really customized though but I'm not asking very much either!) Let me know!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

24 hours and no one has bought this diamond of a Viper yet. If you are in the market you owe it to yourself to take a look at this 2004 Viper. If I didn't have 2 Vipers this would be in my garage right now.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score

if this was 2 months later it would be in mine lol...i check this thread to see how long this beuty will last...i know it won't be long especially with people vouching for its condition etc. ;) great car great deal

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey jkracer9...........Thanks for the nice compliments on my SRT-10. You need to get a bigger garage because this car would look great sitting between your two GTS's!! Talk to ya soon.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I had the money, I'd buy David's Viper. I bought the Z06 I'm driving now from him and its been great.

OP
OP
D

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If I had the money, I'd buy David's Viper. I bought the Z06 I'm driving now from him and its been great.

rschiltz............Thanks for the plug on my SRT-10. The $70,000 wholesale offer expires this Friday, so unless I get some serious takers, this Viper will be history. It's just not worth the time and trouble to try and get another grand or two when, in reality, I might have to sit on the car for 2 or 3 months and end up getting less. Some lucky person will be getting a very nice SRT-10. Talk to you soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets