Track alignment spec info requested

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to Virginia....Good alignment for VIR, possibly your home track...

STREET/TRACK COMPROMISE:

FRONT:
Ride Height: 4 1/4"
Camber: - 1.2
Castor: + 6.3
Toe: ZERO

REAR:
Ride Height: 4 1/2"
Camber: - 0.8
Castor: + 6.2
TOE: + 1/16

More aggressive TRACK ALIGNMENT

FRONT:
Ride Height: 4"
Camber: - 2.5
Toe: + 1/16

REAR:
Ride Height: 4 1/4"
Camber: - 1.0
TOE: + 1/8

OP
OP
F

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bugeater,
Thanks for the info. Yes, I was at VIR and had a great time. I don't have an ACR suspension, so I am planning to get hyperco springs with custom rates.
What spring lengths or how much do I need to lower the car from stock GTS settings to get the ride heights you mention?

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with the track alignments. There's no need to trade spring rates unless you're planning on changing the shocks. Remember, Bugeater has a VRL car. Yours I presume, is stock. There's a BIG difference. Some of the fastest drivers in the Viper Days Michelin Challenge Series have cars with stock brakes and shocks. Just my $.02 and probably not worth that much :)

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Um - there is one thing in the track alignment setting from Bugeater that I don't agree with. He shows 1/8 in ch toe OUT in the rear. It is my understanding that wilmake the car unstable on corner exit. You want 1/16 or so toe out in the front to help with turn in, but actually 1/8 or 1/16 toe IN in the rear.

In our stock cars we ran a bit more camber in the front - up to 1.8 degrees negative and about 1 in the rear.

As Jonathan says - don't go mucking much with the stock car - chances are there is more car there than driver. Use the Viper Days past results for Super Stock and Prepared as your benchmarks if you go to tracks that they do. WHen you are at that level, then start upgrading the car. Until then, seat time is your best investment - and the beauty of that is - you can take it with you!

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
These were the track specs I used to run on my Stock 2000 ACR. They are good for a street car.

The toe out spec was Russ's idea (Archer Racing) and I believe his explanation was to aid in high-speed stability when braking down in areas like the back straight at VIR.

Janni, I think I have your old car's specs too...do these look familiar?

HENRY & JANNI's SUSPENSION SETUP

Viper #1 (Was Janni's car, now mine)

Left Front............Right Front
-1.8 deg....Camber.....-1.9 deg
+6.1 deg....Caster.....+6.2 deg
-0.01 deg.....Toe......0.00 deg

Left Rear.............Right Rear
-1.6 deg....Camber.....-1.4 deg
+0.10 Deg.....Toe.....+0.15 deg

Viper #2 (Was my car, now Janni's)

Left Front............Right Front
-1.9 deg....Camber.....-1.9 deg