Track day Insurance for my Gen V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I thought since this has come up, I would detail the track day insurance that I purchased for my Viper from Locton Affinity. Here are the high points:

I declared a value of $125,000 for the Viper, which is the maximum that they will insure for. Note- Do not declare a higher value, or they will charge you more but will only pay out to a max value of $125,000 for any car.
$10,000 deductable, which means that they would pay out a maximum of $125,000 - $10,000 = $115,000.
You need to take care that your declared value is what the car is worth. If the car is worth less, they will only pay for a realistic value that you can justifty. So don't overdeclare, you will be paying extra for nothing.
Cost for my age and my car's value: $708 plus fees and tax = $740.79 is what I'm paying for my event this Friday with Hooked on Driving. There's a small discount for Hooked on Driving, it costs just a little more if you're tracking with another HPDE organizer. There is no discount for Viper Club of America. My Camaro is about $230 per event for a 10% deductable ($3,500) so I plan on insuring that the next time I track it.
The price is per event, not per day. So whether your event is 1 day or 5 days, same price. This is why the price seems reasonable if I'm tracking for a weekend ($370/day) or three days ($247/day), but for a single day, it's pricey. Still, I went for it this time because it's the Viper's first track voyage, not taking any chances.
Timed events: As long as you're not competing in an organized timed event, you are covered with this insurance. So time trials are excluded. However, it's okay to time yourself with a transponder or with an app on your smartphone, for example.
It's good practice to list modifications when you sign up for insurance, so that they are included when your car's value is assessed in the event of a claim.
It's very easy to sign up, you do everything online. Took me about 10 minutes.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VenomV,

Are you going up to Thunderhill tonight or early tomorrow morning?

George

Hi George,

Heading there tonight, we will be in town about 10pm. Heading to the track with a couple of friends. One with a 350Z, the other with a 335. Are you going to be able to join us?

We are going to grab dinner at Casa Ramos after the track day Friday, that's another option. It'd be fun if you could meet up with us.

Todd

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi George,

Heading there tonight, we will be in town about 10pm. Heading to the track with a couple of friends. One with a 350Z, the other with a 335. Are you going to be able to join us?

We are going to grab dinner at Casa Ramos after the track day Friday, that's another option. It'd be fun if you could meet up with us.

Todd

I won't be able to be at the track tomorrow. If you're coming through Vacaville tonight with your friends, let me know if you want to grab a bite to eat. Just PM me your info.

Cheers,
George

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OnTrackinsurance.com
Has a VCA discount and a Gen 5 discount of up to 15% J
Uses a fully Admitted market our competitors use an Non-admitted insurance company
Only one to have True Agreed value
If you don’t do the event for any reason we refund the money
And understands Vipers

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OnTrackinsurance.com
Has a VCA discount and a Gen 5 discount of up to 15% J
Uses a fully Admitted market our competitors use an Non-admitted insurance company
Only one to have True Agreed value
If you don’t do the event for any reason we refund the money
And understands Vipers

This is who I went with for my track day this year.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone made claims with these providers? That seems to be the missing piece of all this - how much do they fight a claim?

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just signed up for track insurance for this Sunday through Steve. It was painless and gives me peace of mind. $185 for $28k coverage on an RT/10 is great!
It looks like so far the only other Viper going to be there is Ralph Gilles with his 2013! I guess I get to hang with Ralph for a day... will be fun.

OP
OP
V

VENOM V

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just signed up for track insurance for this Sunday through Steve. It was painless and gives me peace of mind. $185 for $28k coverage on an RT/10 is great!
It looks like so far the only other Viper going to be there is Ralph Gilles with his 2013! I guess I get to hang with Ralph for a day... will be fun.

Awesome on all points! Enjoy your track day. Ralph's good people, very personable. I would love the opportunity to track with him. Post up how it goes.

Todd

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave