Trade in/Private sale Value

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've notice the KBB trade in value and private party value for my 2006 has gone up significantly. Good to see Viper resale values going up.

DaDood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, too bad most buyers don't agree with that sentiment. I've had my '03 for sale for a few weeks now. I received some "barely decent" offers for the car, but some were just outright insulting. It all depends on what someone is willing to give you for the car!

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't argue with that. Something is only worth what someone will pay. Depends alot on the area also.

SEEEEYA

Viper Owner
Reaction score
people get the itch for the 2013 but don't want to pay 100k+, start looking at the nice older vipers with the depreciation hit already on it.kinda figured this was going to happen but for how long who knows??

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on all comments above, BUT if everyone held steady on their prices and didn't allow low ball prices to be accepted and were willing to wait for the right buyer to come around, prices would likely hold steady or even go up faster. That, and if there were less used Vipers on the market than there currently are. Just a theory.....

nate1121

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the value discussion hinges on 2 things: What the car was originally worth new, and what dealers are paying on trades. Private party sales factor in for sure, but, IMO there aren't enough people willing to go through the hassle of private party sale (finding a buyer, handling the transaction) when they can simply drive to a dealer and trade the car... Especially since a trade often get's you a better price on the new vehicle you are purchasing. The other part of this is the fact that a lot of viper owners are fairly well off and don't "need" to hold out for an extra 5 grand on a sale. Either way, it's nice to know the community is close knit enough to at least have some say in value... Coming from the Corvette world, the C6 guys are ****ting a brick over the C7 and the C6 value plunge that is sure to follow ;)

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holly Smokes Hoboken......I totally agree with that one and have even said so myself....you ain't so bad after all....ha

HobokenViper;3147262]Agreed on all comments above, BUT if everyone held steady on their prices and didn't allow low ball prices to be accepted and were willing to wait for the right buyer to come around, prices would likely hold steady or even go up faster. That, and if there were less used Vipers on the market than there currently are. Just a theory.....[/QUOTE]

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE new ACR Vipers all cost over $100,000 as well as the new AERO COUPES as I bought one of each...I don't think Viper community is afraid to pay that kinda same money for the new more improved and beautiful new look and more h.p. Of the 2013 Vipers....even the base 2013 is a heck of a deal in my eyes....I think a lot of VIPER people are not worried about that price. After all we all ready knew Vipers cost more to buy then the Vettes and hold their value a lot better also. I think it's going to be a big seller as well as I hope the value of the Gen 2 Vipers go up due to the resemblance to the new ones.

TE=SEEEEYA;3147257]people get the itch for the 2013 but don't want to pay 100k+, start looking at the nice older vipers with the depreciation hit already on it.kinda figured this was going to happen but for how long who knows??[/QUOTE]

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh damn! I purchased mine a little over two years ago at the bottom of the market I think. Not that I was going in on this for an investment but between my purchase price and the value in "good" condition, I'm looking at a +$7,000 difference.

HobokenViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holly Smokes Hoboken......I totally agree with that one and have even said so myself....you ain't so bad after all....ha

HobokenViper;3147262]Agreed on all comments above, BUT if everyone held steady on their prices and didn't allow low ball prices to be accepted and were willing to wait for the right buyer to come around, prices would likely hold steady or even go up faster. That, and if there were less used Vipers on the market than there currently are. Just a theory.....
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Roy. I think you will find that we are generally all rowing our boats in the same direction with the same common interest, our love for our Vipers. While I bought mine for my collection and for the fact that I know it will go up in value dramatically one day, I equally bought it to enjoy an occasional fun drive and car show. We all want to see our cars hold their value. I'm sure you and I would see eye to eye on a lot more than you might expect...

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
people get the itch for the 2013 but don't want to pay 100k+, start looking at the nice older vipers
.. Coming from the Corvette world, the C6 guys are ****ting a brick over the C7 and the C6 value plunge that is sure to follow ;)

I agree that since the C7 Corvette is such a style change, it won't result in more demand for C6 from the used car buyer market. Especially due to the number on the market.

On the other hand, the Gen 5 Viper is not dramatically different from the Gen 2 coupe and the younger or less affluent crowd that is wowed by the Gen 5 could very well be attracted to the earlier coupes because of similar styling and still great performance and exclusivity for the money. Wow, I just felt my car's value increase a grand just as I typed that !

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call the new VIPER a Gen 2 RETRO MOD......

OTE=AZTVR;3147591]I agree that since the C7 Corvette is such a style change, it won't result in more demand for C6 from the used car buyer market. Especially due to the number on the market.

On the other hand, the Gen 5 Viper is not dramatically different from the Gen 2 coupe and the younger or less affluent crowd that is wowed by the Gen 5 could very well be attracted to the earlier coupes because of similar styling and still great performance and exclusivity for the money. Wow, I just felt my car's value increase a grand just as I typed that ![/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456