Trade Showcar Z06 for 96 B/W GTS?

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok everyone, I have always wanted a 1996 B/W Dodge Viper GTS. I currently have a 2001 Z06 Corvette. It has 30k of car show miles. It also has 593RWHP and 500TQ without nitrous. The car only lacks a forged bottom end to use the Nitrous again. I originally bought the Nitrous first before the SuperCharger and Cam. The N20 was only used on the DYNO and can be sprayed to a 300HP Max Shot.

In the next month or two it will be a feature in Corvette Enthusiast Magazine, and would really nice if it made the cover. Everyone that knows me in general is aware that I don't abuse or beat my car. I do not race it and I only go to car shows. All things on my car are fully functional and professionally installed with all reciepts. I have thrown abou 85k at this car, including what I bought it for years ago.

Here is the link to my myspace/ car profile it states all the info/pics/vids

Please let me know your honest opinions, do you guys think anyone would trade me car for car?

MySpace.com - Big O - 23 - Male - East Coast, North Carolina - www.myspace.com/joeolejniczak

and here are a couple of pics

You must be registered for see images attach

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sharp lookin car man. I haven't seen a hood like that before on a vette but I think I like it.

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like it would be a good deal for the guy giving you his Viper. That's a very nice looking Z06. If I had a spare Viper laying around I would definitely do that deal. I wouldn't part with my only one though.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's unusual to see a supercharged vette. Looks like a lot of mods! Nice work.

Not interested in trading my car. Maybe one of the guys with an older one? LOL. Or a restomod Prostreet 440 Duster and a little cash?

You must be registered for see images

Ted

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sharp lookin car man. I haven't seen a hood like that before on a vette but I think I like it.

Thanks, it's a VIS CF Fuzion Hood.

It looks like it would be a good deal for the guy giving you his Viper. That's a very nice looking Z06. If I had a spare Viper laying around I would definitely do that deal. I wouldn't part with my only one though.

Thanks for the compliments, Very appreciated!

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's unusual to see a supercharged vette. Looks like a lot of mods! Nice work.

Not interested in trading my car. Maybe one of the guys with an older one? LOL. Or a restomod Prostreet 440 Duster and a little cash?

Ted

I hear ya, they are nice. If I had one I would, and very nice Viper to you...

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So ... were you interested in trading the vette for the Prostreet Duster and a little cash?

It's been in a magazine or two (not featured) probably runs 10s on street tires and Nitrous. Only 7,000mi. on engine and most work. 14mpg on highway. I've gotten a few car show trophies with it, but it got superceeded by my Viper and TT Stealth.

Can't believe I offered to trade for a vettte...
Ted

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So ... were you interested in trading the vette for the Prostreet Duster and a little cash?

It's been in a magazine or two (not featured) probably runs 10s on street tires and Nitrous. Only 7,000mi. on engine and most work. 14mpg on highway. I've gotten a few car show trophies with it, but it got superceeded by my Viper and TT Stealth.

Can't believe I offered to trade for a vettte...
Ted

lol, sorry I thought you were trying to get a duster. My bad I seen it wrong. I can't see pics here at work either, but bet it looks awesome. Crap I totally didn't see it in the sig either. I just gotta get a 96 B/W. I'm just set on it. It is the only thing I want right now. Every since it came out I wanted one, and now I just have to try. I've waited too long. I would rather trade my car for one that way I don't have to bring it back to stock and take away from what I turned it into. Plus it's a lot of work and I don't have the time to do all that right now.

Last edited:

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Someone might trade you for a high mileage salvage title 96 GTS. That way both cars would be in the low to mid 20K area......but I doubt anyone would trade a GTS for a C5.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking Z06, but you'd have a hard time getting more than $35K out of the car (of course, there are always suckers!). A year ago, when the market for all things wasn't in the crapper, I sold my blown Z06 for $33K and it had 3pc ($$) rims and better tires, upgraded C6 Z51 brakes, newer style Procharger, less miles, and was a 2002 model ('01 tend to sell for less than '02-'04's) in a rare color combo. I priced it aggressively and it sold in 3 days to a cash buyer. Not knocking your car by any means - you might find someone who just wants a change and will trade even up. I still don't like my Viper as much as I liked my Z06, but I think that's because I haven't thrown a blower on it yet.

I'd suggest removing the nitrous (does nothing to help sell the car) and putting an ad up on corvetteforum, if you haven't already. It will sell for sure there if priced realistically. Good luck!
My old Z06:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car! It's gonna be hard to find someone to trade down to a Vette with there GTS your best shot is to sell your car and then you will have a nice down payment for your Viper!

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice looking Z06, but you'd have a hard time getting more than $35K out of the car (of course, there are always suckers!). A year ago, when the market for all things wasn't in the crapper, I sold my blown Z06 for $33K and it had 3pc ($$) rims and better tires, upgraded C6 Z51 brakes, newer style Procharger, less miles, and was a 2002 model ('01 tend to sell for less than '02-'04's) in a rare color combo. I priced it aggressively and it sold in 3 days to a cash buyer. Not knocking your car by any means - you might find someone who just wants a change and will trade even up. I still don't like my Viper as much as I liked my Z06, but I think that's because I haven't thrown a blower on it yet.

I'd suggest removing the nitrous (does nothing to help sell the car) and putting an ad up on corvetteforum, if you haven't already. It will sell for sure there if priced realistically. Good luck!
My old Z06:

Nice car! It's gonna be hard to find someone to trade down to a Vette with there GTS your best shot is to sell your car and then you will have a nice down payment for your Viper!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was really thinking about taking off all Nitrous amongst other things and knew selling it myself was probably the thing I was going to have to do. I just don't have the time right now to start the tear down.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Do you think once the magazine comes out it would be worth putting it on ebay durring the same month? What do you think realistic prices would be?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol, sorry I thought you were trying to get a duster. My bad I seen it wrong. I can't see pics here at work either, but bet it looks awesome. Crap I totally didn't see it in the sig either. I just gotta get a 96 B/W. I'm just set on it. It is the only thing I want right now. Every since it came out I wanted one, and now I just have to try. I've waited too long. I would rather trade my car for one that way I don't have to bring it back to stock and take away from what I turned it into. Plus it's a lot of work and I don't have the time to do all that right now.

The Duster was my Ultimate, until the Stealth Twin Turbo,and AWD. Then a Z06 bet that so I bought a supercharged Viper so that I won't ever lose again. I still take the Duster in the Rodeo parade each year - I jsut don't drive it anymore. It was phone appraissed/valued at $32,000 six years ago. I'm asking $23,000 but I live too far out of city to sell it I guess.

Ted

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you only plan to do the same with the Viper (only push it out of the garage for shows and then push it back in)? Kind of a waste of both cars if you ask me. Either way good luck.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do you only plan to do the same with the Viper (only push it out of the garage for shows and then push it back in)? Kind of a waste of both cars if you ask me. Either way good luck.

I don't plan on daily driving the Viper. It's not a waste to me. I will drive it an enjoy it. I am really getting tired of car shows and am trying to get away from them. What is your definition of a wasted car..... low milage?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my Viper last Aug and it had 20,000mi. on it. Now I've got 42,000mi. I work on the car and do mods every few months. It won at the V10 Nats, participated in Viper days, dragged and road raced back east and I've done some racing here as well as driven cross-continent. BC to Florida next year. AWESOME car.

TED

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think once the magazine comes out it would be worth putting it on ebay durring the same month? What do you think realistic prices would be?

Once the article comes out, post about it on corvetteforum and put an ad there, too. A lot of young dudes would be really jazzed to have a "magazine car." Like I mentioned before, when I put my ad for my Z on the forum, I was VERY aggressive with my price, as I didn't want to deal with lowballers and also didn't want the car to sit there while I kept lowering the price, making people think you're desperate. I saw what other F/I Z's were going for and priced it accordingly, and it sold sight-unseen to a guy who wired me the $$ within days of putting the ad up. I'd say to ask $37k, but be willing to let it go for $33-35K. You might be tempted to ask more, but don't forget that it's not easy to get a used car loan for a lot of money, plus you can get a NEW '08 for around $40K, and a used C6 Z06 for $50K. Don't part it out, just remove the nitrous. If you have the title with no liens, it makes things MUCH easier. My Z06 was paid for, my RT/10's previous owner had it paid off, and I just added $5K to the proceeds from my Z06 so my Viper is paid for, too. Helps expedite everything on both sides. Once you sell it, you could get into a mint, low mile GEN2 RT/10 for under $40K, and a GTS for a little more. I wouldn't narrow yourself down to only wanting a b/w GTS, either. I would have loved to had both cars, but the wife insisted on no car payments :nono:(she's smarter than I am). Now I am paying for this, instead...:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my Viper last Aug and it had 20,000mi. on it. Now I've got 42,000mi. I work on the car and do mods every few months. It won at the V10 Nats, participated in Viper days, dragged and road raced back east and I've done some racing here as well as driven cross-continent. BC to Florida next year. AWESOME car.

TED

I would definately plan on driving the Viper a little more than what I drive my Vette. Reason being I would plan on keeping the Viper. The more I drive my Z now the more it depreciates. I have come to the conclusion to part out my car and sell it kinda close to stock. It will **** doing it but whatever. I didn't know my car went down that much after really looking into it now. People are jumping on C5Z's because they are low priced, and they are really jumping on parts. What they are not jumping on is a C5Z with parts installed, lol.

Congrats on the success! Sounds like a load of fun. As long as I plan on keeping the Viper forever, than driving it a lot won't bother me a bit. I am just glad I didn't drive my Vette a lot because now that will help me sell it. What kinds of mods have you done?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasnt trying to rag on you, just my opinion. I just think that owning a great car such as the Viper deserves to be driven. IMO cars werent made and arent meant to just sit an look pretty. They can look just as nice driving them and letting people enjoy them. Never understood the whole "garage queen" concept. Cars arent good investments and shouldnt be looked as one either. BUY IT, DRIVE IT AND ENJOY THE DAMN THING!

I don't plan on daily driving the Viper. It's not a waste to me. I will drive it an enjoy it. I am really getting tired of car shows and am trying to get away from them. What is your definition of a wasted car..... low milage?

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Once the article comes out, post about it on corvetteforum and put an ad there, too. A lot of young dudes would be really jazzed to have a "magazine car." Like I mentioned before, when I put my ad for my Z on the forum, I was VERY aggressive with my price, as I didn't want to deal with lowballers and also didn't want the car to sit there while I kept lowering the price, making people think you're desperate. I saw what other F/I Z's were going for and priced it accordingly, and it sold sight-unseen to a guy who wired me the $$ within days of putting the ad up. I'd say to ask $37k, but be willing to let it go for $33-35K. You might be tempted to ask more, but don't forget that it's not easy to get a used car loan for a lot of money, plus you can get a NEW '08 for around $40K, and a used C6 Z06 for $50K. Don't part it out, just remove the nitrous. If you have the title with no liens, it makes things MUCH easier. My Z06 was paid for, my RT/10's previous owner had it paid off, and I just added $5K to the proceeds from my Z06 so my Viper is paid for, too. Helps expedite everything on both sides. Once you sell it, you could get into a mint, low mile GEN2 RT/10 for under $40K, and a GTS for a little more. I wouldn't narrow yourself down to only wanting a b/w GTS, either. I would have loved to had both cars, but the wife insisted on no car payments :nono:(she's smarter than I am). Now I am paying for this, instead...:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the advice. I will definately take off the N20, sell it and hold the cash to put towards the Viper. That was something I have been wanting to cash in on for a while, it just looks good for car shows.

Should I take off the hood/wheels/rollbar/headers with high flow cats/ and return them to stock, just to try to get a little more cash to put towards the Viper? I almost think I would just lose that potential money by keeping it on. Yea, it might not sell as fast, but it still would have straight pipes, supercharger, and huge cam, lowered, black outs, paint accents, low miles, and in pristine shape? I am the President of a Corvette Club, so selling my parts won't be a problem. I know a lot of Vette people.

Need your opinion because you have been through it. Your input is really appreciated.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wasnt trying to rag on you, just my opinion. I just think that owning a great car such as the Viper deserves to be driven. IMO cars werent made and arent meant to just sit an look pretty. They can look just as nice driving them and letting people enjoy them. Never understood the whole "garage queen" concept. Cars arent good investments and shouldnt be looked as one either. BUY IT, DRIVE IT AND ENJOY THE DAMN THING!

My bad man, I thought you were going to be the one Vette hater on here. I was kinda hessitant coming into the snake pit to ask questions anyway :rolaugh:...Having not driven my car that much now has saved me to get a little bit more money out of it. I bought it when it was the new Z06 so I am still losing a chitload. As soon as that C6Z came out my car price dropped big time. The 96 B/W is the car I have always wanted to finish out on, so I would plan on putting miles on it. I would just like to get one that doesn't have too many on it to begin with. Thanks for the input man! I will definately drive it and enjoy it if I ever get one, lol.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. I will definately take off the N20, sell it and hold the cash to put towards the Viper. That was something I have been wanting to cash in on for a while, it just looks good for car shows.

Should I take off the hood/wheels/rollbar/headers with high flow cats/ and return them to stock, just to try to get a little more cash to put towards the Viper? I almost think I would just lose that potential money by keeping it on. Yea, it might not sell as fast, but it still would have straight pipes, supercharger, and huge cam, lowered, black outs, paint accents, low miles, and in pristine shape? I am the President of a Corvette Club, so selling my parts won't be a problem. I know a lot of Vette people.

Need your opinion because you have been through it. Your input is really appreciated.

I'd keep everything on it, except the NOS. If you have the stock hood and can find a buyer PRIOR to swapping, maybe sell the CF hood. It would only make sense to sell the hood locally, obviously. Put the ad up and see if you get any serious bites!

I was like you, once I was done modding the car, it was time to move on. I didn't want to put the $$ into going with a forged shortblock because I knew I'd never see any of the money again when it was time to sell. Once you get your Viper, you'll start throwing away money on mods AGAIN, but it's fun, right? Maybe?:lmao:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might consider a trade. 96GTS 8K miles, origional owner...Your car + how many Ben Franklins ????

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'd keep everything on it, except the NOS. If you have the stock hood and can find a buyer PRIOR to swapping, maybe sell the CF hood. It would only make sense to sell the hood locally, obviously. Put the ad up and see if you get any serious bites!

I was like you, once I was done modding the car, it was time to move on. I didn't want to put the $$ into going with a forged shortblock because I knew I'd never see any of the money again when it was time to sell. Once you get your Viper, you'll start throwing away money on mods AGAIN, but it's fun, right? Maybe?:lmao:

:rolaugh: I am sure I will start it all over, lol

You really know what you are talking about man, you couldn't have read my mind more. If I were to get the forged internals I couldn't sell the car because taking a loss that big would make me throw up. You are exactly right. My hobby is modding cars until I am done, and now I am wanting something different, but really do want to keep the 96 GTS, so I wouldn't feel bad about spending a little extra.

I do however have the stock hood and could find a buyer for the CF one pretty quick. While I take off the N20 should I also take off the Alky/**** Kit? That is the most expensive progressive kit you can get.

Why not take more off the car? Do you think I still wouldn't make as much selling it all off the car? How about the wheels?

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Where do you live Zex? I could see if my brother is interested in the hood.

OP
OP
Z

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might consider a trade. 96GTS 8K miles, origional owner...Your car + how many Ben Franklins ????

Lol, I don't know how many???

Let me take that nitrous kit off and sell it. I have $4k worth of N20 stuff on there. I am sure I won't get 4K for it now, but more than I would keeping it on the car. I just kept it on for car shows, yet it still is fully functional. It would act like a bomb to the engine though unless I ran under a 55 shot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62