Transmission rebuild?

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pulled the tranny to have it rebuilt and wondering if there was anything in particular I should have done while it's apart? It is behind a 10lb blower motor....
Not sure what happened yet, should find out next week but it was grinding on something...
Any upgrades available? I would also like to find a new rubber inner shift boot.
Thanks for you help!
KV

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good time to:
Check or replace slave cyl
Check or replace clutch
Check or replace flywheel
Replace the pilot bearing!
Check or replace rear main crank seal & gasket
Check or replace D/shaft U/joints
It would be real easy right now to change the spark plug wires because you can see the coil packs with the trans out of the way! :hmmm:

All parts above I have in stock and right now 25% off till 3/31/08. :cool:

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have shorter 5th and 6th ratios put in during the rebuild so you have a true six speed with even steps all the way from first to sixth. I have .80 fifth and .64 sixth and love them.

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck, I will place an order on Monday!
Thanks guys, I have a fresh aluminum flywheel, Kevlar clutch and AB wires,
I also have 3:55 gears so overdrive feels a lot better in that respect but I was thinking of changing fifth for a stronger pull through the trap?
but I didn't know if there were stronger parts for the ones we normally break?

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a company by the name of "G-Force". They were in the vendors section... They build some strong Viper trannys with gear reduction. I have heard the new set up is installing an 08 trans. "They are capable of over 1000 h.p" I was told. Don't know any one that has done it yet though.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a company by the name of "G-Force". They were in the vendors section... They build some strong Viper trannys with gear reduction. I have heard the new set up is installing an 08 trans. "They are capable of over 1000 h.p" I was told. Don't know any one that has done it yet though.

1. Steel shift forks.

2. Metallic synchro disks.