Trick to removing limited slip?

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so my Hydro-Lok wore out. I've got the diff out of the car and on the workbench. I've got the stub axles out and the bearing caps off. Still, the thing seems stuck in there really good. I've done this sort of diff work on at least 5-6 other cars, and some took a little prying, but they all came out pretty easily. This thing appears stuck in there really good, and there's nowhere good to pry it out. The manual doesn't mention any special tools or process.

Is there something wacky about the Hydro-Lok keeping it in there? Should I unbolt the ring gear? Any tricks to this from those that have done it?

Thanks a million in advance! :drive:

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Case spreader! That's why I currently have a buddy building mine, due to the fact I don't own one or have any of the setup tools for a Dana 44.

Reaction score
They do come out hard and you will need to pry a little on each side rocking it out a little at a time. Just throw a Quaife in and come play in SSM ;-)

OP
OP
J

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what ended up working - dropping 1-2" the diff casing on a solid plane of a vice. A few gentle drops, alternating side to side, got the limited slip loose. Time to dissect that sucker - thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth