Trouble w/ JTS Venom Performance Power Steering Hose Replacement Parts

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

I purchased a set of two PS hoses from JTS Venom Performance. Seemed like a good value and a better product than the stock unit. Let me give you my feedback on the purchase, and then ask a question.

The hoses are very different from the factory OEM parts. That would not be a bad thing if it was only the quick release part that was being deleted (what I hoped that I was purchasing). But these hoses are completely flexible and straight, not "shaped" like the factory part, so they will need zip ties to keep them away from moving parts and other hazards. They told me that I needed crowfoot wrenches to do the installation, they did not know what sizes; so I bought three different sets of the wrenches, but none of them would fit on the connector at the top of the PS reservoir. I really want for these to work and work well, so that I will not have a quick connect leaking again.

If anyone else has bought these PS hoses and installed them successfully, please let me know how you did it and especially what tools you used at the reservoir, and also please let me know how they have performed for you so far.

Thanks

Last edited:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I was wondering how long it would be before there was some news on this. I still don't see how this pump fitting is gonna survive without being able to swivel. It seems to me that a few hundred miles (or a few laps) will be enough fatigue on the fitting to cause it to break or leak. .................I'm just waiting to see the posts about the success of failure of these 'solid lines'.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have these installed on my 03'. I admit that I had a shop install them because I didn't have the tools necessary to do it. Bulldog motorsports in destin fl did mine if you want to give them a call an ask for the tricks. I do know that it was under an hour job and they said there was no problems getting it on. As for the fittings, you don't need the swivel connectors on a flexible hose. The only reason the oem has it is because the lines are hard lines. I also don't have anything zip tied. The two lines sit nicely in the engine bay. It looks oem to me. Sorry you are having difficulties and I hope you figure out the install.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently installed them on my Viper and didn't need crowfoot tools? I was able to do the install with normal wrenches/sockets. Yes you have to zip tie one or two spots so there is no area of contact with the fan but to me thats no big deal. I love the setup and the install was pretty smooth for me. I am so tired of leaking power steering hoses and I think this product should end that for me. If you need some help PM me and I will try and get you sizes. I still have the car up on the lift.

shandon

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He sells these hoses for the Ram SRT10 guys and they seem to love them. I haven't seen any complaints about them from the truck guys. Tony's also pretty good about making things right if there's an issue. I would call him back if you two aren't on the same page.

Reaction score
My aplogies for not being here as much as I should, honestly we have had so many changes at the shop that here lately it makes it tough for me to hit all the forums

as much as i used to, we actually are more or less running our own forum and thats the one I have put time into lately and

at the moment we have 5 builds which must be completed by may, so to say we are strained at the moment is an understatement.

but to the issue, and yes I spoke with this customer

our lines are about as perfect as we can get them. most people do use a crows foot to get the upper line loose as its a bit of a pain to get to.

but they are not an OEM look alike hard line or do they have a swivel, its just not needed, but if someone "had" to have a swivel we can do that also, but with over 30k miles on my personal ride

with these same lines we virtually see no use in the extra added cost, we use steel braided, crimped hose that is good for 6000psi

basically in the kit you get both high pressure lines, they are felxible so that they can be routed how you like, some have paxtons, roes, turbos , so

we give you an extra bit of length so they can be routed in a way that they will not come in contact with any moving parts, so yes in some instances you

would need to zip tie them out of the way, but they will fit in a couple of the oem fixtures all except the ones above the AC lines on top of the fan.

what we do is deliver you two 6 an high pressure braided lines , and four fittings, you get two for the hydraulic fan to connect the 6 an lines

one for the steering rack and we actually give you a new valve to fit into the ps steering pump that replaces the factory unit to accept the 6 an line

we do this so that any time any part that would happen to fail can be easily replaced.

it is a really simple easy kit to install, you can get them in black to mimic the oem look or stainless for a bit more of the "racer" look

I myself have installed quit a few of the kits , they go on with simple hand tools, I cant count the number that we have sold I am sure its in the thousands

we started with the ram viper srt's and the kit for the viper cars is almost identical.

but anyone with any reasonable patience and a few hand tools can install these easily as some of the above have stated, in less than an hour.

We actually even supply many dealers now with our oil, and ps lines, I have had dealers tell me they call dodge to find a fix and they just forward them to us.

I am the "new kid" on the block, but as Red Snake mentioned , we are firm on standing behind anything we sale or do, everything we produce we test ten times over

and run them on our peronal vehicles, to the point we are able to offer life time warranty on our oil lines.

anyone at anytime is more than welcome to give me a shout and ask any questions or concerns they may have,

I will say this, and I am sure Red Snake will tell you right off, I am not your "normal , politically correct' vendor,

we are located out in the country , and I am about as country as they come, I rarely will get all techy with figures, and so forth, but we will do most anything for my customers so that they are safe an happy

so by all means give me a shout , honestly even tho I have hours posted, I am here till midnight most every night and 7 days a week

but if you can change your own oil, the lines should be a piece of cake for you to install.

OP
OP
T

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but if you can change your own oil, the lines should be a piece of cake for you to install.

Well, I guess I can't change my own oil. Even though I do that every 3000 miles, by myself. But hey, you said it, so it must be true...

My experience differs greatly on very important issues related to this product than what was posted by JTS above. One thing he forgot to mention (among many) is that many of his buyers have had to cut off the hose so that they can get an extension socket on to the connector(s); I am not willing to try that. But hey, like he said, I can't even change my own oil.

I would caution anyone considering purchasing these lines for a Gen III Viper that it will be quite the experience! Not the experience that I expected after having read similar posts by JTS before I made the purchase.

Reaction score
Sir I am not making any jabs at you directly, it was a statement, I stated that it is an easy kit to install, very easy

and yes different people remove the oem lines in there own matter, whether its cutting off the old line or removing it

however they choose.

but as I spoke with you , I told you every bit of help that I could, I even told you that its best or easier to remove the ps pump as it makes it easier to replace the fittings

and as I spoke with you, if its not to your liking or not what you would like to use on your vehicle please by all means, as I told you , return them, I will gladly refund you

and then you can purchase a set from the dealer.

I am sorry these are not to your liking , we try to help and do what we can to the best of our ability, and these lines are a perfect replacement

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I guess I can't change my own oil. Even though I do that every 3000 miles, by myself. But hey, you said it, so it must be true...

My experience differs greatly on very important issues related to this product than what was posted by JTS above. One thing he forgot to mention (among many) is that many of his buyers have had to cut off the hose so that they can get an extension socket on to the connector(s); I am not willing to try that. But hey, like he said, I can't even change my own oil.

I would caution anyone considering purchasing these lines for a Gen III Viper that it will be quite the experience! Not the experience that I expected after having read similar posts by JTS before I made the purchase.

I sent you a PM and would be happy to help you with the install. I took a few pictures last night so I can email them to you to help. Its just time consuming but not anything you couldnt do yourself if you can turn a wrench. This setup is GREAT and worth the time involved to fix this long term issue Gen3 Vipers have had with the hose. It wont fix the pump problems but at least the line seals wont be going bad anymore.

sidwin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
bringing this back form the dead.

i went and installed mine today. i did not receive a washer like the directions said i would. i called friday left a message. i'm guessing that washer is needed for the little hose that goes to the rack because i'm seeping fluid argh!!!

one complaint is the direction and the lines were not clear. each one of my lines had the silver fitting then a black fitting on it. recommendation would be when you all put the line together go ahead and have the right fitting on the right line and perhaps label the ends so there is no question what goes where. in the picture of the direction the radiator bracket picture for the rack looks like a straight fitting but that can't be right because then the line would hang too far down.

These lines could be made for easily $125 but i'm willing to pay for drop in results with clear directions.

Thanks,
Sid

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
The first thing they {JTSVP} will tell you tomorrow is you did it wrong

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Mine shipped with the fittings pre-attached, but the instructions pictures were very poorly scanned and look like they have been copied about 10 times. Blurry black and white images with toner smear. That being said, I also don't think the lines are really built for a Viper. I think they are tailored to a SRT10 Ram as the hose out of the pump to the fan module runs more or less right into the upper radiator hose for me. I have to loop over the hose and then back down for routing. I think if the line had a 90 degree hose end (more like the factory) it would be just fine.

sidwin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
agreed... how hard would it have been to have 3 different color fittings? the line from the PS unit to the fan should have been the same color since they are the same size. The line from the rack to the fan should NOT have been black since there are only 2mm difference between the two and it would have easy to get it wrong. The lines could have been assembled with the right end. The instructions were horrible. Either post the instructions on their webpage with color or print a clearer color copy.

did anyone get a washer? and did the washer go on the fan 18mm? weird how nothing else had a washer....

sidwin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
agreed... how hard would it have been to have 3 different color fittings? the line from the PS unit to the fan should have been the same color since they are the same size. The line from the rack to the fan should NOT have been black since there are only 2mm difference between the two and it would have easy to get it wrong. The lines could have been assembled with the right end. The instructions were horrible. Either post the instructions on their webpage with color or print a clearer color copy.

did anyone get a washer? and did the washer go on the fan 18mm? weird how nothing else had a washer....

called and spoke to someone. they said no more washer needed because of the fittings used on the PS pump and FAN are custom made.

sidwin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
they said to keep on tightening till it stops leaking but don't over tighten it either :(

she also confirmed the directions need updating.

she also confirmed the directions are wrong when it comes to which end goes where.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Give em some time, 3+ years just isn't enough time to update instructions

You must be registered for see images attach

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I also just didn't use the line from the fan to the rack. I figured if the factory one wasn't leaking there wasn't any point in replacing it just yet. The fitting at the pump was my only problem. I like the factory routing and pre-bent stuff better because I know it will stay in place.

sidwin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
on mine that line from the fan to the rack was leaking all over the place!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave