Trunk Release Fell Inside

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to open my trunk and the rubber cover for the trunk release came out (it was always loose), and the release fell inside. I read that there is an emergency release in the trunk but there is no way I can reach it. I am assuming if I can get it open I can take off the rear plastic cover and retrieve the release and refasten it. Any pointers on how to get the hatch open?Thank

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, so dumb I forgot about the key after having my son crawl in the back to look for a release shown in the manual. I guess that's for the vert.

Martin Kennedy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. It looks like the plastic piece that is attached to the rubber piece has four plastic locking lugs that broke off. The closest dealership is about 70 miles away so I have not taken it in for a replacement or repair. If anyone has a way to fix it without going to the dealership, let us know. Otherwise I will be using the key for a while to get my golf clubs in and out of the rear

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me about two weeks ago. It looks like the plastic piece that is attached to the rubber piece has four plastic locking lugs that broke off. The closest dealership is about 70 miles away so I have not taken it in for a replacement or repair. If anyone has a way to fix it without going to the dealership, let us know. Otherwise I will be using the key for a while to get my golf clubs in and out of the rear

I ended up epoxying the plastic to the other piece. I had to remove the panel in the back of the hatch to get it out. I then pulled the mechanism through the hole to the outside and epoxied the rubber piece and the mechanism together. When it dried I pushed the whole assembly back into the hole. Give it a try you have nothing to lose.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth