Turbo System Design Discussions

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
* Turbos have recently become the power adder of choice for the informed consumer…. But, knowing what turbo system to choose and why, is why I would like to discuss some basic turbocharging principles:

I would like to lay out some ideals that turbo system designers strive to accomplish:

Before I do this, I would like to qualify this by saying a lot depends on the space constraints of a given car.

Turbo system designers and fabricators must make compromises unless they make the perfect turbo system and build a car around that system.

Ideally, an intercooled front mount twin turbo Viper with full T-04 turbos, pulling clean cool air from behind the fog lights will be the most efficient TT Viper for the street.

If done properly, a front mount Twin Turbo can pull clean air through holes in the core support via short, unrestrictive piping from the air filters located behind the fog lights.

The footwell mounted turbo systems would have to run much longer, (more restrictive) piping all the way up through the core support to place the filters behind the fog lights. While this could be done, most just pull hot air from the engine compartment or transmission tunnel.

So from an efficiency standpoint, starting with 200+ degree air or 70 degree ambient air, the system that pulls the cooler air will certainly be the most efficient(all other things being equal)

* Turbo Sizing - this is a very general term that encompasses many things:

- On the most basic level it means sizing the exhaust housing and exhaust wheel diameter to match the volume of exhaust gases coming out of the motor while matching the compressor(intake) housing and compressor wheel diameter to the amount of air you want to flow to make a target power level.

- For maximum turbo efficiency, we must get the exhaust gases out of the turbo at least as fast as they come in minimizing the work/energy the turbo has to do to deliver a fixed amount of air to the throttle bodies. Less restriction = higher efficiency.

- Properly sizing a twin turbo setup on an 8 liter motor would be equivalent to a single turbo on a 4 liter motor: The Garrett Catalog recommends using a Garrett GT-40 Turbo for a 3.5-5.0 liter motor. Note: the GT-40 turbo uses a T-04 exhaust housing.

-Due to space constraints associated with mounting the turbos in the footwells, most footwell mounted Viper tuner twin turbo systems use the smaller T-03 exhaust housings (which are sized for the exhaust gas volume of a 2.0-3.0 liter motor)

-They combine the T-03 exhaust housing with a relatively larger compressor wheel (to flow the air for the 4 liter motor).

- So, with this T-03/T-04 hybrid, the outlet flow can never match the inlet flow, effectively minimizing the efficiency of the turbo system.

-This restriction is called Backpressure . Backpressure is not your friend and should be minimized at all costs!

* Question: is 6 PSI with a smaller turbo the same as 6 PSI with a larger turbo on any given 488 CI Viper motor as far as how much power gets to the wheels?

-The simple answer is NO !

-The combination of the relatively larger compressor wheel and small(T-03) exhaust housing on the average Viper twin turbo system makes for more restriction PERIOD!

-The higher backpressure from the small T-03 exhaust housing makes the compressor wheel have to spin much faster to overcome the pressure differential than it would if it had the properly sized T-04 exhaust housing.

-Higher compressor wheel speeds generate HEAT . Heat is not a friend of power on the intake side of the equation!

-Less heat means less chance of detonation and better overall system durability.

-To conclude this point, we have learned that less restriction leads to lower compressor wheel speeds and therefore less heat at the same boost pressure!

*Spooling characteristics defined:
-The area ratio, A/R, of the turbine housing is the most influential in determining the spooling characteristics of a given turbine and compressor wheel combination.

-In layman’s terms, it is the internal volume of the turbine housing.

-A turbo is said to spool as the exhaust gases begin to spin the turbine wheel.

-A smaller A/R will fill up more quickly with a given amount of exhaust gas volume. Therefore a smaller A/R will spool more quickly but is volumetrically challenged to flow/discharge the higher volume of air as the RPM’s increase.

-In a nutshell, the small A/R hits hard at lower RPM’s but runs out of capacity to be efficient at higher RPM’s. Note: A Supra is the exact opposite of this.

-With Vipers there should never be turbo lag making anything less than 2500-3000 HP!

This next section is a comparison between the bolt-on system we have designed for the Viper and other boosted applications available. This is to show the overall value of our system and what the average Viper consumer should be expecting to get from US for your money:

* Driveability of T-03 vs T-04:

-Due to the information discussed above regarding the T-03/T-04 hybrid systems, it is now not surprising to see why these cars have been known to easily spin hot drag slicks most of the ¼ mile because of how brutally the power comes on. (Think of it as revving to 6000 and dumping the clutch every time the boost comes on, it might be fun the first few times but it really is not manageable.)

-With the higher flow afforded by the T-04 turbo, the system will actually make the same bottom end power (if not more) while having the flow capacity necessary to hold far more power all the way to the top of the RPM band.

-The gentler slope of the T-04's torque curve is representative of the boost coming on in a more linear fashion maximizing the driveability coefficient!

-Higher flow also means that the power will come on far more lineally and predictably. (you don’t go anywhere spinning your wheels unless you want to)

-Making the same or more power at lower boost levels generates less heat to be dissipated by the intercooler making for better detonation management and less need to run race gas to make big power.

-Less heat generated is less overall heat for your cooling system to dissipate.

-To summarize this point, a cooler running car with a more linear power curve is more fun and easy to drive!

* Turbos vs Superchargers:

-Here is a link to a general comparison between superchargers and turbochargers: http://turbochargedpower.com/Turbo%20vs%20Blowers.htm

-In general terms, turbos make more power per lb boost and do it more efficiently than a blower.

-Turbos have the ability to adjust the power output in an instant with a boost controller on the fly from the comfort of inside the car instead of having to change a pulley.

-Turbos also only compress the air when the engine is under load putting less wear and tear on the engine and cooling system in cruise mode (off boost).

-Turbos do not stress the crankshaft like the superchargers do from being driven off the crankshaft.

-Turbos do not have have the parasitic loss associated from having to be driven off the crankshaft!

-Turbos do not require the regular belt tightening(and replacement)of a high powered supercharger system, which is a major benefit at events.

* The last system you will ever need:

-Over the years, there has been a massive amount of change in the Viper aftermarket:

-Each new power adder runs its course until there comes something new to take its place……600-650 RWHP 35K N/A upgrades gave way to 600-650 RWHP 35K Superchargers, giving way to 600 RWHP 8K superchargers.

-Looking at past trends, customers would buy the ultimate Viper power upgrade package which became obsolete as fast as the cutting edge computer does when purchased from the major computer companies.

-Upgrading from one brand system to another is always a losing proposition!

In conclusion, Viper owners out there ideally would want to get one upgradeable turbo system that is the most efficient from the moment it starts pulling air into the system to the exhaust housing and exhaust wheel expelling the exhaust gases.

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo
Why not use a turbo with a tuneable(boost biased) exhaust
housing to solve the back pressure issue?

Skeeter

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo Castellano, what did you smoke ?!
Very noble discussion about turbo but I don`t know if it will yield something.

I have rare seen a so detailed technical subject.
The problem with a real turbo on the Viper is the cost.
Creating a financially viable turbo for the Viper is just not faisable.
Most of high end and low production cars run on superchargers (Centrifugal, screw, root).
It is a matter of design and cost. Nothing to have with mechanical effectiveness.

psi/boost efficiency is just one matter.
Yes turbo is more effective.
Rather talk about $$$/HP/torque.
Then you will see what is more expensive.

Engin will wear from the second you boost your engin(nos, turbo, supercharger).
The stress is not caused by the rotating mass of the supercharger on the crankshaft
but by the force acting on the pistons. And the parasitic loss is minimal compared to the gain.
Rather the weigh of the entire system has more effect on the performance than the rotational mass.

No belt tightening on SC. You replace the belt every year that`s it. Takes about 30 min on the Viper.
It is a good maintenance habit.

You are right, the power curves are radically different between SC and Turbo.
The SC is good for drag racing and turbo is good for Bonneville.

Most of high performance Turbos are made by very knowledgable tuners.
Take Norwood who built turbo for Ferraris.
Ferraris are easier to turbo charge than Vipers due to their body design.
Even though there is no turbo available for a raisonable cost.
Norwood built the turbo to win at Bonneville.
If you want to win at Bonneville, just go for a turbo or a turbine.
They have over 30 categories at Bonneville for different engins.

Check this link about Norwood..

The link that you gave seems to be a pro-turbo site. They are focusing too much on minor point that they try to turn to their advantage.

Turbos are really the fin art of boosting an engin but require a broad range of knowledge from metallurgy to computer science. We have to accept that Turbo on Viper is only for the elite of tuners.

Just a question: Have you tried to inject fuel in the turbo at lower rpms to suppress the delay in the boost ? Causes backfire but accelerates the turbine.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo
Why not use a turbo with a tuneable(boost biased) exhaust
housing to solve the back pressure issue?

Skeeter
Skeeter, there is no such thing as a variable turbine housing that is boost biased.

The VATN's are not readily available anymore.

Besides, the T-04 is the perfect housing for the Viper V-10 at 488+ CI. :2tu:

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo
Yes they do exist and should be very
available by mid summer.The other very
interesting thing is,self contained oiling
system.

Skeeter

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo
Yes they do exist and should be very
available by mid summer.The other very
interesting thing is,self contained oiling
system.

Skeeter

Skeeter, I was not aware these existed for gasoline engines so I made a couple of calls and here's what I found out so far:

They exist on diesel trucks. There is an actuator that changes the size of the AR of the turbine housing to accomplish what you are saying.

These housings have not really been tested a whole lot on gasoling motors yet.

One big problem I see for a Viper application is the bulk. A T-03 with such a device would be much bulkier than the properly sized T-04 turbine housing.

Even if such a device could be implemented and properly fitted, the Viper really does not any more torque down low.

As far as the self contained oiling system is concerned, that is alright, but I would rather use the engine oil that is cooled to lubricate the turbos shaft that can spin upwards of 100,000 RPM than rely on oil that is not cooled.
How much bulk from a packaging perspective does the self contained oiling system add if the uncooled oil would be sufficient to get the job done?

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo Castellano, what did you smoke ?!

<font color="blue"> Schulmann, not smoking anything. I have just been designing front mount Viper twin turbo systems for the last 2 years and thought it would be nice to share some of the information I have learned to the general Viper populace.</font>

Very noble discussion about turbo but I don`t know if it will yield something.

I have rare seen a so detailed technical subject.
The problem with a real turbo on the Viper is the cost.
Creating a financially viable turbo for the Viper is just not faisable.

<font color="blue">You are correct about the turbo systems being more expensive than superchargers, but the thing people have to realize is that there quite a few more parts to the turbo system.

I recently did a TT install on a car that had a centrifugal blower on it. All the parts that came off it fit on top of a desk including the intercooler. All the parts I brought filled up the entire family room of my customer's house....</font>

Most of high end and low production cars run on superchargers (Centrifugal, screw, root).
It is a matter of design and cost. Nothing to have with mechanical effectiveness.

<font color="blue">I agree with you 100%</font>

psi/boost efficiency is just one matter.
Yes turbo is more effective.
Rather talk about $$$/HP/torque.
Then you will see what is more expensive.

<font color="blue">I agree with you 100% </font>

Engine will wear from the second you boost your engin(nos, turbo, supercharger).
The stress is not caused by the rotating mass of the supercharger on the crankshaft

<font color="blue">I beg to differ here as I have seen plenty of superchargers snap the snout off the crank because of tightening the belt tight enough to aleviate belt slippage.

==&gt; Keeping the belt tight enough to eliminate belt slippage puts a lot of stress on the crankshaft from the mechanical standpoint.(not on the motor itself's inner workings).

I am sure there is a harmonic phase of vibration to the flex of the belt tension as the crank spins as well.</font>

but by the force acting on the pistons.

<font color="blue">I read in Corky Bell's book, Maximum Boost, doubling the power increases the load on the reciprocating parts by only 20%. </font>

And the parasitic loss is minimal compared to the gain.

<font color="blue">Twin screw superchargers take less power to spin than a centrifugal supercharger for sure. Twin screws usually take somewhere around 80 HP to spin where some of the centrifugal units take more like 150 HP to spin, that's why the twin screw blowers are easier on the belts!

The thing you might want to consider about superchargers is the fact that as long as the crank is spinning, it is compressing air heatsoaking the intercooler(if there is one) or leading to super high air intake temperatures on the twin screw blowers that do not have in intercooler. Twin screw blowers have around 150 degree air intake temperatures just cruising 70 MPH down the highway in 6th gear. Probably 300+ degrees after a good blast through the gears. It also takes quite a while to quench that heat soak in an application like that.

Let's compare this to my bolt-on TT that was running about 725 RWHP: We ran from a dead stop all the way up through about the middle of 5th gear(About 170 MPH) and had an air intake temperature of only 118 degrees with just an OK intercooler(we have a much more efficient one now!). Within about one minute of that run, the air intake temperature was back down to the 100-102 degree cruising temperature.

To me, this huge difference is where the real wear and tear on the engine comes into play.</font>

Rather the weigh of the entire system has more effect on the performance than the rotational mass.

No belt tightening on SC. You replace the belt every year that`s it. Takes about 30 min on the Viper.

<font color="blue">I can tell you from personal experience that my centrifugal supercharger belt took about 4 hours to change. I hated the whole belt issue so much, I made my own twin turbo. Because before that, I spent more time changing belts than I spent driving my high HP supercharged Viper.

The once a year comment is maybe for a guy who does not have that much power or drive the car all that hard or does not run the car at the dragstrip with slicks and skinnies. Increased traction WILL wear the belt out faster!</font>

You are right, the power curves are radically different between SC and Turbo.
The SC is good for drag racing and turbo is good for Bonneville.

<font color="blue">Depending on the size of the turbine housing, the diameter and trim of the turbine and compressor wheels, you can size a turbo to mirror the power curve of either a centrifugal supercharger OR a twin screw supercharger.

As far as Bonneville is concerned, it would be a shame to waste 150 or more HP spinning the blower when you are going for a record and then I would be worrying if the belt would blow off or shread going flat out at full power for 90 seconds.</font>

The link that you gave seems to be a pro-turbo site. They are focusing too much on minor point that they try to turn to their advantage.

<font color="blue">I hope the information I have added with this post should clear up some of the things you might have mistaken with the first one.</font>

Turbos are really the fine art of boosting an engine but require a broad range of knowledge from metallurgy to computer science.

<font color="blue">You are correct that the art of turbo system design, fabrication and tuning requires all of the above and more! I have researched and applied all of this and more to each and every turbo system I have designed and fabricated from scratch.</font>

We have to accept that Turbo on Viper is only for the elite of tuners.

<font color="blue">I would like to clarify that you should say that turbos on a Viper should only be done by people who are very experienced in turbo system fabrication. Even the most elite Viper tuners who have never designed, fabricated and tuned a TT Viper face the same learning curve associated with anybody building their first turbo system!</font>

Just a question: Have you tried to inject fuel in the turbo at lower rpms to suppress the delay in the boost ? Causes backfire but accelerates the turbine.

<font color="blue"> I think you are describing the way a two-step works where the ECU omits spark to random cylinders allowing the fuel to go through the turbo and the exhaust. People use this at the dragsrtip to spool the turbos more quickly off the line for more power out of the hole.

This definitely causes backfire and spools the turbos. I guess suppressing the delay in boost means to accelerate how quickly the boost comes on! </font>

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno - an ideal turbo system, meaning one that is built "perfectly" will have individual runners that are all equal length. The problem, is that it's difficult, takes time and costly to design such a system. Most systems use a merge collector but it's not ideal unless it's REALLY short and close to the flange that the turbo will be mounted on. To give you a quick answer, equal length headers - ideal. Merge collectors - the shorter the better.

Hope that helps some. Paolo knows 10 times more than me on this and i'm sure he'll chime in shortly.

Peter

DynoDaddy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Peter, FYI my car does have equal length headers (all except two)that are either 25" or 27" long with 5 into 1 merge collectors. It took a long time to make them, but it happened. Burns Stainless, a company that actually knows something about header and turbo design, reccomended these specs for me. I am curious as to how Paolo came up with his header design.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dyno Daddy, here is your original quote:
Does your kit have equal length primaries? If so what is the primary length?
What do you think about merge collectors?

Then you edited your quote to say this:

Is equal length headers important in a turbo application? What do you think about merge collectors?

Which one do you want me to answer? I have already answered your original questions with the following: The answer to the new part is that turbo systems make up for a lot of inefficiencies therefore I would not think equal length headers are essential to a well designed turbo system to make good power. But I would say it is important to making the ultimate power with any given engine at any given boost level for sure.

Now back to my response to the original questions you asked:

1. The primary tubes are all exactly the same length.

2. I am not really willing to discuss the primary tube length as it is MY proprietary design.

I spent a lot of time designing my TT Viper and single turbo Mustang systems and would like to give good information to people but at the same time, I must protect my design and keep certain details to myself. I hope you can understand! :2tu:

3. I think merge collectors are a fantastic piece to be used in conjunction with a properly designed pair of headers and turbo system.

I have seen a beautiful pair of merge collectors WASTED on with a poorly designed turbo system with atrocious headers!

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter, FYI my car does have equal length headers (all except two)that are either 25" or 27" long with 5 into 1 merge collectors. It took a long time to make them, but it happened. Burns Stainless, a company that actually knows something about header and turbo design, recommended these specs for me. I am curious as to how Paolo came up with his header design.

Dynodaddy, The turbo system on my car made 1278 RWHP and 1448 RWTQ at 21 PSI with a pair of 71 GTS's through an automatic transmission in .69 overdrive.

I had 775 RWHP and 1167 RWTQ by 3400 RPM, 1350+ RWTQ by 3700 RPM and STILL had 1350 RWTQ by 5000 RPM.

I had an AVERAGE of 1174 RWHP and 1336 RWTQ from 3400-5600 RPM.

Not too shabby for the first turbo system I ever designed that only had a pair of 71's.

Can you imagine what kind of power I would have made to the wheels with a pair of 76 GTS's that make around 270 more HP at the same boost level?

I went with the 71's because I was worried they would be too big. Obviously they were too small!

I will have JGK post the dyno sheet.

When will you be dynoing your car?

27 inch long primaries before the collectors seems a little long.

I hope Burns was right! I think your system's design will speak for itself if it's as good as you say it is!

The good thing is only time will tell. :2tu:

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Per Paolo's Request.

Jay K.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

11221512_RWTQ1.jpg

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo
The mass or size of an articulated vane turbo is comparable
to the T series without the mess of a waste gate.
Oiling is by constant loss using aprox.4oz of oil in 100000
miles,bearings are ball and over hung to provide cooling and avoid
problems with heat soak.The best thing about the oil system is
it allows the turbo to be placed lower than the oil pan without
needing a oil return pump.
As far as testing these units have been used on gasoline engines
for a number of years.One of the uses was on two stroke engines in
snowmobiles,800cc 250 to 325 chp in trail tune.Motorcycle uses included
Harley street use,80ci 120hp street tune.
They also have some Hyflow units that might work for a street Viper
kit,these turbos support from 400 to 550hp per unit.

Skeeter

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo Castellano , thanks for your answers.
Your are great tuner !

Schulmann, I am glad you like my answers!

I would like to clarify one thing though. I do not do the tuning yet . I get a professional AEM tuner to tune the cars!

I design and mock up my turbo systems, my fabricator builds them!

My welding is not that bad, I weld stuff for my own car and favors for friends who need it, but anything I charge for, my fabricator(he is a fabrication god) makes it all!

I think the word tuner means different things to different people. I do not want to take credit for other people's work. We all work together to make the best product I can imagine.

==&gt; My fabricator tells me I am the WORST! That is because, if, God forbid, I see a way to make something better, he has to redo everything to accomodate the newer, better way I figured out. To continually improve, I think we have made at least 9 or 10 iterations so far.....

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo
The mass or size of an articulated vane turbo is comparable
to the T series without the mess of a waste gate.

<font color="blue"> Skeeter, the turbos I am running have external wastegates already so I do not have to contend with the bulk of the integral wastegates. </font>

Oiling is by constant loss using aprox.4oz of oil in 100000
miles,bearings are ball and over hung to provide cooling and avoid
problems with heat soak.

<font color="blue"> A ball bearing turbo still needs water lines plumbed to them and they are still way more expensive and complicated to rebuild if there is a problem. </font>

The best thing about the oil system is
it allows the turbo to be placed lower than the oil pan without
needing a oil return pump.

<font color="blue"> This feature amy be a benefit to some turbo system designs, but my systems all have the turbo about 12-18 inches above the height of the oil pan. I do not need to worry about not needing scavenge pumps because of how high they are. The oil just gravity drains right down into the oil pan. </font>

As far as testing these units have been used on gasoline engines
for a number of years.One of the uses was on two stroke engines in
snowmobiles,800cc 250 to 325 chp in trail tune.Motorcycle uses included
Harley street use,80ci 120hp street tune.
They also have some Hyflow units that might work for a street Viper
kit,these turbos support from 400 to 550hp per unit.

<font color="blue"> It looks to me these turbos are for smaller displacement engines. 400-550 HP is a less powerful turbo than the smallest turbo I run on my systems. I can fit a pair of 1575 HP each turbos on my bolt on system. Fitting the big ones for me is not a problem with the way I have packaged everything.

I appreciate the heads up on these variable turbine actuated housings, but I need bigger turbos than what you are saying is available. :2tu: </font>

Skeeter

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paulo
Is there any room left up front for a chassis cross brace, and a diagonal from the top chassis rail to the opposite lower rail. If not do you think this a problem for chassis rigidity ?

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paulo
Is there any room left up front for a chassis cross brace, and a diagonal from the top chassis rail to the opposite lower rail. If not do you think this a problem for chassis rigidity ?

Q1. Yes.

Paolo can further elaborate on this.

Jay K.

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paulo

Joel, there is a very nice, solid 1" round bar for a crossbrace that goes pretty much straight across(better than factory that makes a horseshoe foreward) on the newest iteration of the system.

I also think there is room with the newest iteration with the slight change in the turbo locations to do a diagonal brace like I had wanted to do in the past.

I can tell you that the supercharger I had on my car had a different crossbrace to fit everything and it did NOT have that diagonal brace like factory. I could never feel a difference. The Prototype TT did not have the diagonal brace yet felt excellent as well. The prototype also had only .120 wall 1" and was fine.The rest of the systems will have the solid bar and will be very structurally sound.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much does this cost???????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Can we get an answer that just has a dolloar sign ($) followed by the digits, please.

Thank you.

JEDI

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much does this cost?

Can we get an answer that just has a dollar sign ($) followed by the digits, please.

Thank you.

JEDI

Tom, the complete, entry level, fully upgradeable, intercooled twin turbo that can make 700-725 RWHP on low boost is 15K.

Give me a call when you get a chance so we can catch up! 630-878-3907. Paolo

P.S. here is a general idea of what comes with the kit:

Written/picture installation diagrams and installation DVD( I might throw in a few hotties in there for you Tom! :2tu: :cool: )
T-4 hot side/ 61 mm compressor
Tial 44mm wastegates(2)
Ceramic coated 304 stainless steel exhaust manifold set with up pipes
Stainless steel header heat shield
All necessary silicone coated fiberglass heat shield sleeving and reflective heat shield
Safety wire pliers and safety wire to affix sleeving
Upper radiator hose + couplers + clamps
Wastegate back into exhaust pipe(2)
Downpipe to front sill outlet (pair)
Stainless Steel (polished to chrome) throttle cable bracket
Power steering bracket + serpentine belt + grooved idler pulley
All silicone couplers and T-bolt clamps
Air filters(2) and air intake piping
Blow off valve
Siamesed Y-Pipe to throttle bodies
Intercooler and all associated piping couplers and T-bolt clamps
fuel pump voltage booster
55 lb/hr low impedance injectors/resistor box
Colder heat range spark plugs
Fuel rails
Vec 2
Oil feed/oil drain lines w/fittings
Vacuum lines
Crossmember

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Paolo, do you have a pic of the system installed and are you working on a GEN3 version?

Thx

OP
OP
P

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo,

I had a look on your kit on the other thread.
It is just unbelievable, it is really a nice kit.

How do you handle this 1500rwtq ?
Can you hold this beast down the road under full throttle ?
You could get easily into the 300mph club at Bonneville but on a regular highway you would scare to dead people. :)

What fuel did you run on ?
And what was the average temperature under your hood ?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pics are pertty. I think I spied a crossbrace in there.

JD

I agree. :2tu: I have seen the pics from months ago but this is the first time I have seen the updated pic with the new intercooler design, fully polished intake piping and BIG turbos...........oh yeah I see the turbos..........2 of them............right up front and in your face. :2tu:

1122untitled.jpg