Update for VCA South Florida President

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members, When I bought my 1st Viper in July 1994, I still remember the events of flying into Boston, then driving up to New Hampshire to Fitzgerald Dodge. I will never forget the moment when Dan asked me to stand outside his dealer as he had 4 men drive out 4 different colored Vipers for me to choose from. One day, one hour, one minute, one second. A moment in time that separates your before from your after forever. I was looking for other owners to have fun with, drive to great places and just enjoy the Viper the way it was meant to be driven. But at that time, there was no VCA in South Florida. It was then that I contacted a couple of Viper guys, and we were off with our first meeting in May 1995 at Shula’s in Miami Lakes. I was also elected National VP of the entire VCA in 1998-2000. The rest as they say……………………is history. Throughout the years, I’ve had the best of times, and many of you have been my best of friends. Even if I didn’t know you on a very personal level, you left me with a very personal warm feeling. And even though we all had different backgrounds, different upbringings, it didn’t matter because the Viper was always the equalizer, and we were together because of the car. Well, 17 years later, I am going to step down as your Regional President and let one of you take over and bring the club into the next generation as the new Gen 5 rolls out. This region to me, is one of the best, and it deserves someone to run it with the same undivided attention and passion that I have given over the last 17 years of serving as your president. We’ve had some truly special events, that only we knew how to do, and many of you who are here from the inception will remember all the fantastic times that will always be cherished as memories. Personally, I have been busy with work and have some other projects that I’m pursuing later this year that will require my full attention and some overseas traveling as well. VP David Ivler has been appointed to take over my position and an election will take place later this year for the officers so look out for that email from him. I encourage all of you to get involved with our region because what you put into the club, you get out and this region has so many talented individuals, it would be a waste to not participate. For those of you going to VOI, you will have the best time of your life as they've really stepped up the party. Enjoy it to the fullest. I was really hoping to go but unfortunately unable to due to work issues. The Viper has been more than a car to me. It’s been a way of life with many of you, ruling the track and streets with the meanest, badest, boldest, fastest SOB car that has existed, and once you’ve been bitten, well, it’s that one day, one hour, one minute, one second. A moment in time that separates your before from your after forever. I hope to see some of you in the near future, and I wish you all the very best. Ivan **

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you for your years of service Ivan. Best of luck with work and the future projects.

Bob

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a club full of successful strong willed personalities,you handled everyone with respect. Even when it wasn't always deserved. I hope you get back in the future and know that we haven't always been on the same page but have always been on the same team. I fully expect to see you as a welcome guest until you can become a member again.

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
17 years is impressive!! Quite an accomplishment.

Have always enjoyed seeing and working with you.

Best to you in all your work endeavors.

I know you will do well.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ray,

I haven't died!! So don't think you're going to be ruling the 1320 so comfortably for long. Always loved your company and never had a gripe about your recommendations even if it meant that you edged me out for the winning trophy. A great competitive sportsman and a great friend.

See you around.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi George,

Thank you and also for being part of the VCA family that makes us so unique. I hope to see you soon and keep cranking out those killer Viper Products. I hope you're ready for the Gen 5 and can't wait to see what you've got coming for that.

All the best.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You will be missed at VOI , Ivan, but glad your businesses continue to be successful and after all those years you definitely deserve a break. Hope to see you again soon at another Viper function and your service to the Club will definitely be remembered. I will definitely raise a glass for you in Charlotte, and we will cross paths again in the future , and likely sooner than many expect , as I know you will have a very , very hard time staying away from Viper activities ---- it is a sickness and you are diseased to the max, ha,ha!!!

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan,
Wishing you the best and hope to see you out and about at other viper or other functions around southern Florida!

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will be missed at VOI , Ivan, but glad your businesses continue to be successful and after all those years you definitely deserve a break. Hope to see you again soon at another Viper function and your service to the Club will definitely be remembered. I will definitely raise a glass for you in Charlotte, and we will cross paths again in the future , and likely sooner than many expect , as I know you will have a very , very hard time staying away from Viper activities ---- it is a sickness and you are diseased to the max, ha,ha!!!

Thank you Bill. It all looks like a real blast and yes I look forward to seeing you in the future! All the best to you and when you're in town, be sure to give me a ring! Take care.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62