Update on my convt project

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...after many months...the car is almost whole again. Body shop still trying to work out some kinks here & there, but overall...the car takes on a whole new demeanor. The rear & the hood just looks bad ass :headbang:
1_1_.JPG

1_2_.JPG

1_3_1.JPG

140.JPG

Last edited:

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking good. I'm curious to know how well the body shop did on the fit of the panels. It's hard to tell with these shots.

Yes, the hood and rear look great! ;)

Nice job. Can't wait to see the finished shots.

Jeff

V

Venomiss

Will you have it back before Christmas? It looks very nice right now! :2tu:

OP
OP
M

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the kind comments :2tu:

Looking good. I'm curious to know how well the body shop did on the fit of the panels. It's hard to tell with these shots.

Yes, the hood and rear look great! ;)

Nice job. Can't wait to see the finished shots.

Jeff

The shop was having the time of their life with the rear fitments. He told me the rear tub is different from the coupe & convt, so they were having to modify quite a bit to make all the panels align. Not exactly plug & play. I think I can still hear them cursing my name :D

Will you have it back before Christmas? It looks very nice right now! :2tu:

I sure hope so :crazy2: Any longer & I will probably forget how to drive a stick ;)

Is that your shop? The car Looks great!

No...it's Richie Collision of Houston. They do mostly vettes, so I had to spice it up for them a bit with my viper.

JB/SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Murci, the car is looking great! Hope you have it on the road soon.
Jim

OP
OP
M

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How well did the new nose line up? Did they have to do much prep work to get it to fit, etc??

Whoa...where do I begin with the nose. The HENN bumper did not align too well. It was actually wider than the factory, so they had to trim a lot back. But I love the look, so small price to pay (not literally speaking :( )

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoa...where do I begin with the nose. The HENN bumper did not align too well. It was actually wider than the factory, so they had to trim a lot back. But I love the look, so small price to pay (not literally speaking :( )

thanks! Really like that bumper! I had heard it wasn't a simple bolt on. Your car looks great!