1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uptown Car Show - Gig Harbor - Breast Cancer Benefit

Discussion in 'Washington State' started by theamigo, May 25, 2009.

1. theamigo

theamigo Enthusiast

Everyone,

I'm setting this up pretty quickly. There's a breast cancer benefit car show in Gig Harbor on Saturday May 30th from 10am to 4pm. Anthony and Dorothy saw our group at the XXX Rootbeer Car Show and would love to have us. I spoke with them, and they can retain group parking for us at the show, all we need to do is tell them how many. We need to beat the "few corvette's" mentioned in the article linked on their site under the "What They Are Saying" link.

It's being held in the parking lot of the Galaxy Theater in Gig Harbor. It's a great theater and there are several nice restaurants and an ice cream shop right there. Live music. Breakfast catered. BBQ Lunch catered. Seems like they've got a lot of prizes and community participation. I'm going to be there even if it's raining. Actually, have you seen how good these cars look when they're WET?
    But really, the fewer of you that attend the less competition I'll have for the prizes. :)

Their site is at: Uptown Car Show to Benefit Susan G Komen for a Cure
    It's nice and informative. You can preregister online.

Let me know if you're planning to attend and I'll set up an area for our group.

2. SmokinViperGTS

SmokinViperGTS Enthusiast

Not sure I trust that web site - I got a warning that it was trying to modify an executable program on my system. I denied it, and all was fine.

Long range weather forecast is good - 70 degrees and sunny! Not sure if I can come though - I'll check in with my wife and find out our plans.

3. theamigo

theamigo Enthusiast

I have a full complement of things installed to watch for that kind of thing yet I received no warnings.

4. Richard Koch

Richard Koch Enthusiast

I will be there with my Viper and my 1964 Galaxie convertible. I checked the site and my security software said it was fine. They have quite a lot of bands, priozes and apparently a lot of cars coming. They also have a nice lunch menu set up. Hope to see a bunch ot Vipers there.

5. PacificSEASnake

PacificSEASnake Enthusiast

I'm a maybe. Show start time is 10 a.m. What's the arrival time and where are we supposed to meet up?

6. theamigo

theamigo Enthusiast

We can meet there if I know how many spaces to ask for.

7. theamigo

theamigo Enthusiast

I have asked her to set aside 5 spaces for us. You need to preregister though. I'm about to do so.

8. SmokinViperGTS

SmokinViperGTS Enthusiast

Just found out that I can't make it. Have fun!

9. theamigo

theamigo Enthusiast

I'm now confirmed via the website. I spoke to Dorothy. Again, she's going to hold 5 spots, more if we need. She says they have over 200 cars pre registered.