Urgent preproduction GTS to be crushed!

klpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.emailthis.clickability.com/et/emailThis?clickMap=viewThis&etMailToID=344441845

This was on my local news last night
Anything anyone can do? 354miles! They got a few things wrong in the story, but it appears to be a preproduction 1996 GTS in museum quality.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:(
http://jalopnik.com/we-have-to-save-the-first-dodge-vipers-ever-made-from-b-1537666534?utm_campaign=socialflow_jalopnik_facebook&utm_source=jalopnik_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

OP
OP
K

klpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well does anyone on here have a relationship with the powers that be?

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Could try to make a roadblock of Vipers in front of entrance to the crushing facility to keep them from delivering it there. Would be a neat showing of the Viper community trying to save one of their own.

OP
OP
K

klpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gosh parting out? I've heard this often... I have a feeling if this were some preproduction corvette or comaro there would be a substantial movement to try and figure out a way to stop this. Geez they only made what less than 2000 in full production of those in 96? How many preproduction? It's our version of the big block corvette of the 60's... how many of those were made on comparison? Come on guys it's the 96 blue and white. Does any of our members know Ralph? Do we not have any pull with them?

silver340

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why this car can't be donated by Chrysler to the LeMay Family Museum down the street (one of the largest private collections in the world). I live about 20 miles from where that Viper is and I am a LeMay Family Collection Museum volunteer. I would like to see that added to the collection instead of destroyed since the museum does not own a Viper yet. By the way, that is a 96 GTS not a 92 like many of the articles out there say.

OP
OP
K

klpilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand why this car can't be donated by Chrysler to the LeMay Family Museum down the street (one of the largest private collections in the world). I live about 20 miles from where that Viper is and I am a LeMay Family Collection Museum volunteer. I would like to see that added to the collection instead of destroyed since the museum does not own a Viper yet. By the way, that is a 96 GTS not a 92 like many of the articles out there say.

Exactly my thoughts...

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a disgusting wast . They should have been parted out, same outcome, car is of the road, but same old red tape ******** thinking.:mad: