VA/MD/DE Crab Feast Cruise – Saturday June 14th – neigboring regions welcomed!

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa::usa::usa:

The 10th annual Crab Feast Cruise for the VA/MD/DE region will be on Saturday June 14th. Reservation forms have been mailed to all VA/MD/DE VCA members. This year there will be a free VCA baseball cap given to all members who participate. VCA members should get their reservations back to me no later than June 1st. If you are a current VA/MD/DE member and did not receive the form via mail, click on the link below.

If you are a VCA member in another region, you are welcome to attend. It would be great if we could get some members from other regions to be with us. This is a reservation only event, so if you would like to come, here is the link to the reservation form:
http://www.vamdviperclub.org/html/downloads/crabfeast10.pdf

Print the reservation form out, and follow the instructions on the form. Also, please write your VCA region on the top of the return portion of the form. My contact information is on the form, so if you have any questions, need hotel information, or you want to set up an out of state starting point for you and other members, feel free to get in touch with me via phone or email.

Hope to see you there.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:usa::usa::usa:

The 10th annual Crab Feast Cruise for the VA/MD/DE region will be on Saturday June 14th. Reservation forms have been mailed to all VA/MD/DE VCA members. This year there will be a free VCA baseball cap given to all members who participate. VCA members should get their reservations back to me no later than June 1st. If you are a current VA/MD/DE member and did not receive the form via mail, click on the link below.

If you are a VCA member in another region, you are welcome to attend. It would be great if we could get some members from other regions to be with us. This is a reservation only event, so if you would like to come, here is the link to the reservation form:
http://www.vamdviperclub.org/html/downloads/crabfeast10.pdf

Print the reservation form out, and follow the instructions on the form. Also, please write your VCA region on the top of the return portion of the form. My contact information is on the form, so if you have any questions, need hotel information, or you want to set up an out of state starting point for you and other members, feel free to get in touch with me via phone or email.

Hope to see you there.

Gus,

As always.....count me in +1. This is going to be great. I HIGHLY recommend everyone to attend. I am willing to lead people down from up north, if necessary.

John "Patentlaw" :drive:

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus, thanks for having such a great event year after year, I would encourage everyone who has never attended this event, to come out and have a great time with other VCA members.......Count me in for 2 tickets.

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in. I'll be in Norfolk the day before so if there is anyone from the Carolinas or southeastern VA who would like to convoy up the Eastern SHore, please let me know.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those planning on attending, please remember to get your reservation forms to me as soon as possible -- time is running out! Response has been good so far, and thanks to all who have replied early, it makes my job of putting this together a lot easier.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus,

I will be there, just trying to work out logistics with wife/kids and father. I should know more this evening.

John

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am not going to make it this year. :( I have to go to a freaking Graduation Party. It is also the same day as the Corvette Forum Crab Cruise but obviously, In am not going to be able to make that one either.

The CF is having a BBQ this Saturday (5/31) at Ridley Creek State Park which is 12 bucks a head and will be a catered event. If it does not rain I will be bringing my Viper to that. If anybody local from the VCA/Board would like to come to that as my guest please let me know and I can send you a link to all of the info. I would love to have some Viper brethren show up to keep me company. :2tu:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus,
I will be there and will be bringing my brother. I will send in the form asap.
Thanks,
Doug

You need to plan on hooking up with us on they way down. Last year, Paul, Joe and I met at the BP in Mt. Airy.

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't there a group meeting up on that side already? I'm trying to find someone to meet up around Richmond and head up from there to the group south of the beltway.

yellowvipergts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry that we have to say we can't make it to the Crab Feast. :( We were really looking forward to coming, but we're down to the wire and now we have to decline. We even had an offer from one of your club members to spend the weekend with them...maybe next year!

Thanks for the invite!
Hope you have sunny skies and alot of Vipers!!!
We'll be thinking of you all.

Denny & Ginger

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Gus Just let me know what time we are going to meet at your house and like always thank you for your time and effort invested in a awesome event!
Kevin

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to plan on hooking up with us on they way down. Last year, Paul, Joe and I met at the BP in Mt. Airy.

I planned on it. I will call you that week to get the time to meet. How's the new boy doing? Gina is getting close....August is right around the corner!!!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I planned on it. I will call you that week to get the time to meet. How's the new boy doing? Gina is getting close....August is right around the corner!!!

All is well. Alex is already sitting up on his own. Time is flying by, that's for sure. I was actually wondering how she was doing. Our first was born on July 31st, so be sure to keep her cool and out of the humidity near the end.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tickets along with the itinerary went out in this morning's mail to all participants. The itinerary will have all the meeting places, and times, but if you have any questions, feel free to call me-- cell phone is best. You should have it in the mail by Thursday at the latest. Call me if you do not have it by Friday. Sorry, I am a day late in getting them out, but everyone should have them in time for this weekend.

Chipster

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Pretty good turnout today I thought. Some fun caravaning up to MD too :) P.S. I'm sorry I can't remember name well but to the guy with the copperhead vert, your daughter is pretty cute (I hope she's your daughter)

Chip

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a Great Time. Had guys taking pictures and I was taking them back. Traffic stunk, what a great event every year. Pics for your enjoyment.

Lookie Here!

Another_ACR.JPG

ACR15.JPG

Vipers_Everywhere.JPG

DSC001531.JPG

DSC001542.JPG

DSC001571.JPG

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good time

Worst part: traffic getting across the bridge
Most frustrating part: We decided eating ***** is an aerobic activity. You burn more calories mining crab meat than there is in that oh so tasty morsel of goodness
Best Part: I met mild mannered Kelly Cobean at FOW for the drive to the church in Alexandria. The trouble is, Kelly never drives his ACR. Voldemort in a Viper drives his car and Voldemort is one fast demon.
Best Plate: Seen on one of those Scion boxes with wheels - U NV ME. I LMAO

Last edited:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the "aerobic activity." I almost had to stop on the way home and eat again! Had a great time...will be posting a link to the video I shot later today.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good time

Worst part: traffic getting across the bridge
Most frustrating part: We decided eating ***** is an aerobic activity. You burn more calories mining crab meat than there is in that oh so tasty morsel of goodness
Best Part: I met mild mannered Kelly Cobean at FOW for the drive to the church in Alexandria. The trouble is, Kelly never drives his ACR. Voldemort in a Viper drives his car and Voldemort is one fast demon.
Best Plate: Seen on one of those Scion boxes with wheels - U NV ME. I LMAO

:lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh:...We have too much fun Dan. Sorry to drag you back to the house to get the EZ Pass on the way to Springfield, but am I ever glad I did, that toll-booth traffic was NASTY! And yeah, I saw that Scion on the way too...I had to chuckle at him.

The drive home was tense there toward the end. The rain on the Dulles Toll Road was just deep enough in spots that I could feel the car getting light. :omg::omg::omg:

Anywho...big thanks to Gus and all the other volunteers who made a great event happen again this year. I love seeing all the cars and meeting all the nice people in this club.

OP
OP
Gus Strakes

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1999 when I first thought of doing a crab feast cruise, I ran it by our then president, Mike Warner, and he encouraged me to do it. In that year, if I remember correctly we had about 20 cars, and 45 guests. My wife and I are delighted that it has become such an attraction. I'm grateful for the passionate members of our region, plus our neighboring regions that travel the distance they do to make this event such a success. Thanks to everyone who attended!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave