VCA at Grand Prix of Sonoma, Sears Point

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racefans and hotrodders,

The Viper Club has been invited to attend the American Le Mans and Grand-AM events in the Grand Prix of Sonoma at Sears Point Raceway on July 20-22.

Highlights:

- American Viperacing - cheer them on against Saleens and Corvettes in ALMS GTS class

- Chrysler Team Oreca - watch the team go for a D.C. victory in ALMS LMP900 class

- Grand-AM - see Dodges compete against a host of rivals

- A Viper Car Corral - show off your ride in exclusive parking near Turn 2

- Discounted Tickets - enjoy the whole weekend of racing at a bargain price

We can only accomodate 40 cars in the Viper Car Corral, so please RSVP soon!

Send me an email at "[email protected]" and I'll confirm your attendance and give you information on how to purchase discounted tickets and details on the car corral.

Let's show our support!

Cheers,
Nik

NorCal VCA member

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
CONGRATS to NoCal VCA for putting together this event. I am sure that IF you invite ORECA they will come! They have joined us for on-track autographs and pre-race dinner on both trips to Portland. Very grateful for fan support.....

And they spray you with champagne IF / when they go podium!

Reaction score
DC has not authorized ORECA to race at Sears Point or Laguna Seca. ORECA is scheduled for Road Atlanta. I would still like to watch ORECA campaign the Viper against the Vette. Official line the Viper is 10 yrs old competing against a new platform. Take a couple yrs of racing and develop a new GTSR which then would be sold as a street GTS. For now the GTSR program is shelved as well as the GTS. I would rather drop a couple NASCAR teams and bring back the ORECA Viper race program.

OP
OP
silverviper

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoops. My mistake about the Oreca team then...

I'm getting a complete list of races and teams which feature Chrysler, Dodge, and especially Vipers. I'll post it here.

If possible, I'll also try to contact those teams and see if they can join us for a little socializing and pictures.

Cheers,
Nik

OP
OP
silverviper

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news!

I've just found that we may be able to do a Parade Lap on Sunday. This is dependent on scheduling concerns, etc, but my contact at Sears Point said he might be able arrange it. We should plan on gathering at the Viper Car Corral around 11am to find out if this will happen.

If you haven't yet signed up, please RSVP and order your tickets soon!

Best Regards,
Nik

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave