VCA Member & Viper Owner how do I change Profile ?

BlackCrown

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed something similar was posted a week or so ago.

Anyway , joined VCA a few weeks ago, NY/CT area.

Figure I'll ask how to update my profile .

Thanks in advance.

2005 Copperhead #225
:usa:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed something similar was posted a week or so ago.

Anyway , joined VCA a few weeks ago, NY/CT area.

Figure I'll ask how to update my profile .

Thanks in advance.

2005 Copperhead #225
:usa:

Just drop Lee (Lee00blacksilverGTS) or myself a private message with your VCA membership number. Your name is not showing on our latest list but we would be happy to get you set up.

Welcome to the VCA and the VCA forums!

Chris

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had "Viper Owner" status before this new forum. I am both a VCA member and Viper owner. Can't seem to be able to enter in anything for my signature either.

Can someone please explain to me why I have to send a private message to get these things changed when they are in and have always been in my profile? Also why do I have to send in my proposed signature to get it place in, as well? The whole thing is just weird to me.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had "Viper Owner" status before this new forum. I am both a VCA member and Viper owner. Can't seem to be able to enter in anything for my signature either.

Can someone please explain to me why I have to send a private message to get these things changed when they are in and have always been in my profile? Also why do I have to send in my proposed signature to get it place in, as well? The whole thing is just weird to me.
Happy to explain it: As you may have noticed these forums are completely new. Not partially - 100%. Oh, they have the same names and even the same posts, but the software engine and everything that is associated with it is brand spankin' new.

Now you had a few guys working overtime one night to migrate everything over to this new - and far better - format. And while 99% of it was accomplished in record time, there were a handful of things that didn't migrate properly: Avatars, signatures, and some user titles (probably about 10% of the latter). All the user ID's, passwords, VIN's, addresses, etc. all seemed to be fine. Likewise the hundreds of thousands of posts that were moved over to this new software. All in all, a rather incredible accomplishment if I dare say so myself.

Now, we have approximately 5,500 people registered on these forums. Hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) of posts every day. You have two administrators and two moderators running it on a day-to-day basis, with a web committee helping to shape policy and provide constant feedback on the direction of the site. All are unpaid volunteers with "real" jobs outside of the VCA. These same four people are working this site as much as humanly possible to "fix" any issues as soon as they are discovered. Two of them have been manually updating avatars (which involves four different spreadsheets to cross reference) and titles. The latter involves verifying VIN's and VCA member numbers. You would be surprised at the number that don't check out.

So the issue is simply this: We have a brand new forum setup with some minor bugs. We fix them as soon as they are brought to our attention or if we stumble upon them like this. And yes, you were verified and your title updated - all while never having to send a PM. That said, it would make it MUCH easier for the two volunteers doing the avatars/titles if you would simply drop them a PM. Sure, it's a minor inconvenience for you. On the other hand it is far more difficult to read through 1,000 posts a day looking for complaints so we can fix them. But we do that too. :2tu:

Enjoy your forums!

Last edited:

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those that aren't aware of what it takes to run a Bulletin Board with moderation, it takes alot of work. Imagine doing your regular job and then adding the task of proofreading/deleting alot of posts, adding members, dealing with problems that occur, and preventing spam and crap like that. It is a major task. Then you add in the fact that they migrated all of this data into a new format. It is a major undertaking to say the least. Just imagine all of the people out there who try to put links to **** sites and then hotlink these same links to your website and eat up your bandwidth. I think these guys did an excellent job in the cutover.