VCA South Florida Upcoming Events

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Members,

To follow are some events we have coming up. Please take the time to look over them as we have some really exciting events to kick off the new year.

Friday, February 5, 2010 Tower Shops Cruise Night
Weather permitting, we will meet around 7pm at the largest cruise nights of the South East. Tower Shops is located on the east side of University, just south of 595, in the Tower Shops Plaza. Dinner to follow afterwards.

Saturday February 27, 2010 - Palm Beach Super Car Experience
Many of you have already attended this event in year's past; it's now been renamed. (Formally Palm Beach Supercar Sunday) and will be an even greater show. There is no cost to attending for VCA Members, but I will need to know if you're planning on attending. Please email me to let me know if you're coming.
Palm Beach « The Supercar Experience

Saturday, March 13, 2010 Hook on Driving at PBIR
Another fabulous track day with Hook on Driving. If you've never been to PBIR since they've renovated it, you're missing out. What a difference now, and so you've gotta see it up close and run on it. We will be getting a VCA discount for all drivers attending. Please email me if you're interested in going.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 Top Gun Run Standing Mile
Another Standing Mile Event in the Everglades, come see what you can achieve in the standing mile. The event will give you official mile times that are certified by TAG Heuer. Also, I've invited the entire Viper nation to come and run with all of us, and so far we've got the Central North Florida group heading down.

Please email me if you're interested in going.

April 2010 Viper Club Party
Yes, we're having a party and are almost finished with the date and the plans. It will be in the day time, and at a local park where your whole family can attend.

May 2010 Overnighter to Key West
We're planning an overnighter to Key West so be sure to look out for details. As member Blair Retchin would say, it's the Annual 2005 Key West Run, that's taking place! Details to follow shortly.

That's all for now, so I hope to see you soon at some or all of these events. Please email me if you have any questions or comments. Thank you and see you soon!

Ivan

Last edited:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan I see several events I will be attending. Thanks for the itinerary for the upcoming months. I see several events that I will attend.

NO pink Vipers when we attend Key West!!!

:drive:

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan I see several events I will be attending. Thanks for the itinerary for the upcoming months. I see several events that I will attend.

NO pink Vipers when we attend Key West!!!

Hey Richie,

LOL. Hope to see more of you!! Please find out how many of your friends will attend our Top Gun Run event. Some very fast cars and bikes coming our way, including a 2000 HP Ford GT. He's looking to take away the current record held by a TT Supra. We'll also have a Hayabusa that will run 260s!! And I'm also trying to get a Jet Bike down here. The same people that buile the bike Jay Leno owns.

Please help get the word out and get ready for a great event!!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me tomorrow when you have some free time Ivan. I will ask Fuelman to send an e-mail to all the central florida members so we can start getting a head count. Here is a pic of Blairs Rolls, Doug Levins Red Viper, Ivans FGT and my SRT from the last mile event I attended.

You must be registered for see images attach

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is already done Ivan.

So far the Lambos have us outnumbered by 10-2. We need some more Vipers to come out and play.

You must be registered for see images

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's about time you get off that Lawyer chair of yours and get to the track Bob....................................... :D :D

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there going to be another mile event on the 25th of April? If so, is there a link somewhere?

There is an event on April 25 being put on by Exotics Rally. They use a Motorola Transponder to record the time.

There is also one this Saturday, but they have yet to get their timing correct. At their 1st event, they used a radar gun to give times to everyone. On their 2nd event, they used the proper timing equipment, but gave the incorrect time to everyone. This is their 3rd attempt. It's cheap to run with them, but as they say...Caveat emptor. Be careful of the snow job.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Ivan says is true but the early bird price was $100.00. For $100.00, I will get to go as fast as I want to for one mile on a runway two miles long and 150 feet wide. I think they will get the timing right the third time but even if they do not, I will still have gotten to go very fast in a lawful manner in a safe location. Not bad for $100.00. At least if it does not rain Saturday and that may happen.

OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Ivan says is true but the early bird price was $100.00. For $100.00, I will get to go as fast as I want to for one mile on a runway two miles long and 150 feet wide. I think they will get the timing right the third time but even if they do not, I will still have gotten to go very fast in a lawful manner in a safe location. Not bad for $100.00. At least if it does not rain Saturday and that may happen.

True! Figure, it's less than the price of a few speeding tickets! Bob, I'm looking up some data to see if your Jeep is a World Record Holder in the standing mile or you could also check yourself. The only way to see it to check the data bases of mile venues. Right now there are 7. Texas Mile, Mojave Mile, Bonneville, Maxton Mile, Loring NH Mile, Top Gun Run, and M M One.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's less than the price of one speeding ticket. Do all of those mile run sites have stats available?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan I checked out the above list. I could not find a site for Loring. Some of the sites do not identify the vehicle. Of those sites that did, there were no supercharged SRT 8s. There were some stock SRT8s that ran about 142 MPH. Since the Votech kit is relatively new ( The Vortech press release announcing its availability was March 9, 2009), I would not be surprised if no one else who has one on an otherwise stock Jeep SRT8 with the stock tune offered by Vortech except for the top speed being increases to 220 MPH has run at an official event. Perhaps you can confirm this and if it is true, the 159.52 MPH was a record. Considering that the vehicle by itself weighs 4850 lbs and has a drag coefficient of .39, it would not be hard to believe that this was a record.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivan I checked out the above list. I could not find a site for Loring. Some of the sites do not identify the vehicle. Of those sites that did, there were no supercharged SRT 8s. There were some stock SRT8s that ran about 142 MPH. Since the Votech kit is relatively new ( The Vortech press release announcing its availability was March 9, 2009), I would not be surprised if no one else who has one on an otherwise stock Jeep SRT8 with the stock tune offered by Vortech except for the top speed being increases to 220 MPH has run at an official event. Perhaps you can confirm this and if it is true, the 159.52 MPH was a record. Considering that the vehicle by itself weighs 4850 lbs and has a drag coefficient of .39, it would not be hard to believe that this was a record.

Bob,

I do believe you have a record there. The kit sounds fairly new, and most people who have installed it usually just do it for fun. We're fortunate enough to have this venue in our backyard.

I found the site for Loring Maine: LORING TIMING ASSOCIATION

Rich T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Ivan:

Is the Palm Beach Super Car Experience going to be held on February 27th?

My wife and I would like to attend.

Thanks

Rich Tuscano
NJ Viper club

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth