VCA

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You rang? I'm always here to help!

This is your personal invitation to the V-10 Nationals. All the racers and spectators would like you to come see the FASTEST Vipers in the World race at Shreveport. This will start your VOI experience with loads of excitement.

Please come join your VCA members at the drag races.

Cudaman :usa:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The VCA will be matching Dodge's support for the "VOI edition" of the V10 Nationals at VOI.

Best of luck to all the competitors!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA will be matching Dodge's support for the "VOI edition" of the V10 Nationals at VOI.

Best of luck to all the competitors!

I'm not sure how to take that - is Dodge providing support? Because if not, then VCA's match will be the same level as mine ;) Well, actually I personally support it... ;)

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yes, Dodge, in fact, is offering support, and we will be matching their generous offer.

If you would like more information on this, please speak to Dave, as he is managing the event.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, Dodge, in fact, is offering support, and we will be matching their generous offer.

If you would like more information on this, please speak to Dave, as he is managing the event.

Joe, There seems to be an issue about the V10 Nationals brouchure that we thought was going to be in with the mailed VOI invitation. Could you address that issue ?

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
VOI invitation is a DODGE mailing (as is ALL of VOI). I will try to find out some info.

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
My VOI-8 info pack lists the V-10 Nationals at the top of the list on the "8th Viper Owners Invitational" Schedule Sheet and references the enclosed registration form or www.V10Nationals.com to sign up.

The last item on the schedule list is for Viper Days on Sept 13-14 and it gives a phone number and website address, enough information, to sign up but did not include a signup sheet in the pack.

There was no brochure for ViperDays or V10Nationals in my info pack but both are promoted.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Joe isn't telling you is that the VCA took exception to being listed on the brochure along with long-time V10 Nationals supporter Viper Alley. After trying to flex some muscle and failing to get Viper Alley removed from the brochure, they decided to pull their own name from the brochure instead. It's that brochure which was pulled from the mailing.

Not very different from the incident where a Viper Alley tagline was removed from a tribute to PMUM in Viper Quarterly.

It's a silly game the VCA seems to be playing, although the reasons escape me.

Reaction score
Nothing going on behind the curtain as far as I know. I think you have some bad info MP.....though mine could be as bad (or worse). :) I do know it is not a game though. :(

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VOI invitation is a DODGE mailing (as is ALL of VOI). I will try to find out some info.

If there is an issue with the brochure it is something between DODGE and Dr Roof to work through.

The VCA did not stop the brochure and they continue to support the event.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA did not stop the brochure and they continue to support the event

You say that almost as if you actually have a clue what you are talking about; which you don't. So I'd suggest you avoid trying to be the official spokesperson for the VCA and Dodge.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA did not stop the brochure and they continue to support the event

You say that almost as if you actually have a clue what you are talking about; which you don't. So I'd suggest you avoid trying to be the official spokesperson for the VCA and Dodge.

Actually I spent an hour on the phone with the President of the VCA - you are out of line

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong, sport-o. Speaking to someone on the phone for an hour hardly empowers you to speak in an official capacity about events for which you have NO involvement.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My understanding is the same. The VCA is the reason the brouchure got pulled. How could that happen ??? Look at who is doing the mailing....JR Thompson Co......who is ******* with the VCA , or by the VCA might be more appropiate. It just smells fishy, VCA/Dodge/JR Thompson ..... they all have their noses up the others butt. Now for us (members) this is usually a good thing, but if what I hear is true, then all it did was hurt the Viper community, the sponsors and tuners backing the V10 nationals AND the VCA and Dodge.

I'm just wanting some straight answers as to why it was not mailed with DODGES VOI packet.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. Now for us (members) this is usually a good thing, but if what I hear is true, then all it did was hurt the Viper community, the sponsors and tuners backing the V10 nationals AND the VCA and Dodge.

I'm just wanting some straight answers as to why it was not mailed with DODGES VOI packet.

I think it would be better for BOTH parties to fessup.... so the Rest of the VCA members know the TRUE stories and try not to speculate of what happen.....

It is something this board endorses, the first hand people with the knowledge should tell what really went on...

clear the air...

WE are in America and we deserve that right!

I am impartial until I hear both sides,the FIRST HAND ACCOUNTS,

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong, sport-o. Speaking to someone on the phone for an hour hardly empowers you to speak in an official capacity about events for which you have NO involvement.

I wasn't speaking as an official of anything - I gave an opinion based on speaking to the one person who would know what the VCA was doing

Do with it what you want but your opinion is only assumption.

If the VCA had made a decision or even a recommendation to pull the brochure I think the President would have known about it - and he did not... he knew of no offical reason why it had not gone out, but did know that it was Dodge that made those calls.

Yeah - none of my business - go muck raking if you want - I'm out, but I accept Joes word, he was very supportive of the whole event and has no personal issue with your site.

Maybe Dodge excutives don't want to call up a site from a brochure they sponsor with 4 letter words all over the front page in their boardroom - maybe they don't want to be seen to be working with a certain Viper tuner they have no regard for - I don't know, we speculate - but you need to look at Dodge and stop blaming the VCA for everything - it gets old

Dodge have their reasons - yet still are honoring their word about sponsorship and supporting the event. It is a start and as communication improves it has all the potential to get better in the future -

Not my business - as has been pointed out - but if ti were - I'd be careful not to go blowing what could be the start of something good by stupid accusations over one brochure and poor communication on BOTH sides.

:2tu:

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael, you and I have ALWAYS and CONTINUE to be friends, so take this in the manor it is intended; You, being the marketing master that you are, should more than understand why the VCA would have no interest in being associated with the ALLEY. You once told me that the Alley was createed for a place for those that want to vent, thus keeping this board as intended. So the goal is the same one you have set out form the beginning, which is to keep the parties seperated.

As for names on brochure, there are liabilty issues that can arrise, and without investing money and time into finding out what the exposure is, the easy way is to not participate and then you limit the danger.

Now play nice here and go rip me over there!

I still love ya!

Fergie

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I perceive this correctly, Dodge and the VCA put up the money for the event, but publicly and visually did not want to see their names up there for their own personal reasons. It is just like someone making anonymous donations. That being the case I would applaud them for their support and not making a issues for their own personal beliefs are.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, Steve - yes, we remain friends; which is largely why I've never made a stink about this (nor am I now). However, the VCA and the Alley can co-exist without it effecting good people like David Boggs or events like the V10 Nationals; indeed, as the Shreveport event demonstrates, the combined efforts can make for an even better event for Viper owners.

I would suggest that there are times when the greater good must prevail over this petty bickering between sites. This site is primarily for CLUB MEMBERS - you need to be a club member to have certain benefits and its the "club" that this site caters to (well, second to Dodge that is). Viper Alley has no such organization and caters to owners and enthusists alike (something that Viper Quarterly markets itself to).

I know that four letter words are offensive to some people here and we don't make it a point to step on any toes here (quite the opposite, in fact, if you look at my willingness to cooperate over the past few years). However, the Alley is exactly what the VCA wanted and couldn't provide it's club members - a website where the members largely decide the direction of the site and is lightly moderated. You tried that with the Web Committee, remember? And it didn't change a thing. When the club members asked for a less restrictive environment on this site, they were told to find their own because it wouldn't be here. And they did.

Just like in the case of the V10 Nationals, something that takes the VCA nearly a year to sponsor took only a phone call to us. We've put up more money to the program than the VCA and now the VCA wants to tell David to remove us because you finally decided to get off your collective asses and sponsor an event that is attended by mostly club members?

As for names on brochure, there are liabilty issues that can arrise, and without investing money and time into finding out what the exposure is, the easy way is to not participate and then you limit the danger.

You'll excuse me if I consider this observation absurd and a borderline threat to anyone who deals with Viper Alley. Liability of what? You accept advertising dollars from tuners that have issues with club members - does that make you liable? Probably much more so than being on a brochure with a website that caters to Viper Enthusists.

Are you concerned that someone will sue you because they stumbled upon a four letter word on another website? You've got to be kidding me, Steve. "Liability" is a generic keyword to use like "Weapons Of Mass Destruction" - it scares people enough that they don't ask any questions.

As you have recently learned, you're pretty much stuck with us. And just like this time, the weight of the VCA might not always give you the advantage you expect.

The VCA is the one with the problem here, Steve, roll up your sleves and fix it. Because I know you can and because the members and events like the V10 Nationals deserve it.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA did not stop the brochure and they continue to support the event.

Still sticking with this statement??

LoL!

I don't believe Joe lied - he was very open and frank. I came away from the conversation with a lot of respect for the VCA and a better understanding of the climate in which they have to operate.

Cudaman said it best - this is a great thing even without the brochure. It is excellent to see both Dodge and the VCA support the V10 Nationals event and I hope their experience with this event will be so positive they'll want to keep doing it!

Hope everyone has an awesome time :headbang:

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Except you're missing the big picture here (often happens when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong); where do we go from here? Does the VCA stop supporting the V10 Nationals because of concerns about "libaility"?

I'm not suggesting that VCA or anyone else did anything wrong - I'm saying that any issues should be resolved to ensure that events like the V10 Nationals get the attention and the sponsorships they deserve.

If the Alley is the pioneer and the VCA comes in a year later with the big numbers, so be it. Don't let the Alley get in the way of whats best for the events and the people who go to them (again, mostly club members).

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote by packetjunkie] What Joe isn't telling you is that the VCA took exception to being listed on the brochure along with long-time V10 Nationals supporter Viper Alley. After trying to flex some muscle and failing to get Viper Alley removed from the brochure, they decided to pull their own name from the brochure instead. It's that brochure which was pulled from the mailing.

Not very different from the incident where a Viper Alley tagline was removed from a tribute to PMUM in Viper Quarterly.

It's a silly game the VCA seems to be playing, although the reasons escape me.

[/QUOTE]

Thats right MP you came on here carrying an olive branch and trying to help make the whole event a success.

Keep going the way you are and you'll show the whole community just how helpful you can be to bring all parties together here. Sorry I got in the way - I'm done here.

But I'm still excited that the VCA and Dodge stepped up - :2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth