VEC 2...do people still use these?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a VEC 2 laying around from my build a few years ago and was thinking about sending it to ROE to have it "refurbished" and put it up for sale. Are these units still being used when supercharging gen 1 and 2 cars? How about gen 3?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a VEC 2 laying around from my build a few years ago and was thinking about sending it to ROE to have it "refurbished" and put it up for sale. Are these units still being used when supercharging gen 1 and 2 cars? How about gen 3?

I WOULD CALL A MUSEUM IN WASHINGTON DC, THEY CAN PROBABLY FIND A PLACE FOR THEM NEXT TO THE WRIGHTS BROTHERS AIRPLANE:dunno:

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much what Plum said. Seems that most guys using the Roe blower use them to include myself, but the SCT is a better system (upgrading to SCT shortly). I would look at getting $250-$400 for a used one. Don't forget to hit up the Viper Truck guys aswell if you decide to sell it.

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, since there is NO PnP AEM or SCT option for the Gen1's, I would say there is still a market for the VEC. I'm running a VEC 3 on my TT Gen 1.

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. Now i know where i stand with this thing. Will get it checked out by Sean and put it up for sale.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its actually perfect for a guy wanting nitrous with the outputs. wokred great for me as a WOT & window switch.

Stahlhart

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Anton,

I was searching for one, because there is no other system available for the gen1. I found a Vec3 out of a RAM SRT for 200$ + new cables for gen1. Just for price ideas, you can find them for 200-300$.

Good luck for selling it for a good price.

Greetings

Jürgen

AndyMac

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Anton,

I was searching for one, because there is no other system available for the gen1. I found a Vec3 out of a RAM SRT for 200$ + new cables for gen1. Just for price ideas, you can find them for 200-300$.

Greetings

Jürgen

Wow, prices have come way down. I paid 650 for mine in 2009 (used), and they are still 1200+ new. To be honest, I don't think I'd even bother selling mine for 200 bucks, especially if I had to send it away to get checked over first!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Anton,

Greetings

Jürgen

Thanks for the info. That is helpful!

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, prices have come way down. I paid 650 for mine in 2009 (used), and they are still 1200+ new. To be honest, I don't think I'd even bother selling mine for 200 bucks, especially if I had to send it away to get checked over first!

Its been in my toolbox for about 3 years. Im tired of looking at it. LOL