vec 2 tuning for a gen 1 with g g cam and heads

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just got my gen1 started up after the winter mods would like to know if anyone has a tune to share for a vec2 with a Greg g cam and heads . would appreciate it very much . thanks mrbob

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
post this in the Gen1/2 tuning section too.
Do you not have any cards? If no luck, see if Sean could send you a few "starting" tunes based on mods.
-chip

OP
OP
M

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have the vec cards and posted it in the tuning section , the sample tunes are not even close , called sean and ask about starting point tune and he did not seem very interested , thanks to all

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's definitely some on here that can help. Might need to give it some time. Do you have a wideband and card reader and able to log (for starters)?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't remember how the VEC2 guys log. Is there not software to hook laptop up to VEC for data-logging? I have a VEC 3.
Did the tutorials help?

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe you need the pigtail with the serial connection that plugs in the computer. You'll also need the software loaded on the computer.

OP
OP
M

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can log just not air /fuel , have been adjusting on the fly with a laptop while driving

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can wire your wide band into the Vec (Analog 4 IN) so it shows the A/F on the data log.In order to do this you need to figure out which wire is the Analog out wire for your wide band.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, you'll def. need to log A/F. THere's no way to watch the WBO AND tach to really tune. you're just guessing at that point. I suppose you could make adjustments based upon your gauge, but logging A/F is the best way. (if possible)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62