Vec3---iat

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any real road, logging experience yet with the new IAT function in the VEC3s and/or upgraded VEC2s? The weather here has really put a crimp on my spring tuning plans after adding roller rockers (another 6" of snow yesterday). I ran 3 different cards last year for varying temperatures.(45,70,90F). I am hoping to condense to one card--maybe do some spot log checks as the weather warms and add or subtract fuel on the IAT page accordingly.

Anybody done any testing over some varying temps. with this new feature?

Thanks--Steve

D

DAMN YANKEE

Steve....feeling a little out there on your own?

Give me about a month and I'll tell you everything I can about my set-up and its reaction to various IAT curves. My guess is that you will be going to a single card.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan. I was able to get a few runs in before the snow 2 weeks ago at 41F. The IAT was 60F for the numbers I played with to correct my starter card--which was actually quite close to right on after adding 4% fuel per Sean. In talking to Sean, the IAT can be set from this initial info by using 60F IAT as the mean. In order for my line to cross at 0, I'm going to use +3% (Sean) for colder which then translates to about -7.5% out for the line to cross at my median 60F IAT. I am curious as to how accurate it will be over the varying temp ranges. Of course, you can always fine tune these IAT fuel percentages as the logs dictate.

Steve

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad to say my computer skills appear to be a little limited when doing a 'print screen' to a Word doc and then trying to get it on here. I could send you the print screen thing and you could post it if you like. You can also play with the program by just hitting the buttons on the low and high temp settings. The graph will change accordingly just like all the VEC settings do when you change the parameters or inputs.

Steve

D

DAMN YANKEE

Steve,

Hit print screen.
Bring up a new blank Word doc page.
Go "File" then "Page Set-up" and then select "landscape" so the page is on its side.
Then, holdin down the "CTRL" key press "V".
That should put your print screen on that page.
Drag out the ocrners as much as you can
Save it to your desktop,.
Attach it to an email for me (see your ***)
and Ill post it.

OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok Dan. I had it saved to a Word doc, but was trying to enlarge the VEC part and get rid of my desktop behind it. I have your e-mail. I'll send you the Word doc. Maybe you can clean it up so the VEC screen fills the space.

Thanks--Steve

D

DAMN YANKEE

Steve,

List out your specs once again so we can match to our mods.

If you want to send me your fuel tables, ill post those too...what is your altitude out there?

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
S

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dan.

I have not used this IAT setting yet. I ran my first logs 2 weeks ago with zero IAT input, just like I started out last year. I have no way of knowing if this will be accurate. That's why I wondered if there was any experience out there yet over some temp ranges. I imagine it's possible that one could have to add or subtract a little fuel depending on the log results at different temps......possibly resulting in a mean line that is a little bit off the IAT you tuned to. Equal percentages on each side of zero show the mean crossing at 100 IAT. Time will tell how accurate that is. Again, I would guess that every car, altitude, and barometric pressure that day could vary the results a little. I am optimistic that it will be close enough for me. I don't need to extract every last pony in there. I'm happy with what I have.

As for fuel settings--every car will be different. You should use the card Sean gave you for starters and see where your AFR is....then start adjusting to get to 11.5.

We are 1722 feet above sea level.

Steve

D

DAMN YANKEE

Steve,

Keep the curve so low that it only really effects in the extreme temps and you should be fine. Sat a full 60 - 75 basically flat.

I would like to see your fuel tables just t see what a close to tune graph looks like from you. Send it along, I wont post it, just look at it. In fact send whatever you have, I'll dothe same in a couple of weeks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62