Very successful inaugural Cars & Coffee (C&C) in Denver, CO

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA Members;

We finally have kicked off Cars & Coffee here in Denver, CO. First show turned out all sorts of exotica with over 75+ cars.

We had four (4) Vipers present and all from the VCA. Two older GTSs, one white Mamba SRT-10 and my Blue S/S SRT-10 Coupe.

For inaugural show, this was a real hit with about 6 Ferarri's including a new Scuderia, 4 old Cobra 427s, about 20 or so Shelby's of all flavors including a brand new Super Snake, about 5 NSXs, 4 Nissan GTRs all in different colors, 3 Audi R8s, 2 Saleens, a number of Porsches, 1 Noble, 1 Bentley Continental GT, BMWs, M-Bs, etc.

It is great that this is finally hitting Denver, CO. Even better it is a whopping 10 minutes from my house. :omg:

Next 2nd show is:

Date: Saturday April 11, 2009 Denver Cars & Coffee (C&C)

THE GREAT INDOORS (Parking Lot) - At the Park Meadows Mall Area
8585 S Yosemite Street
Littleton, CO 80124

Time: 8am-10am

So far the plan is to hold it the second Saturday of each month. If the show gets 250+ cars which is entirely possible as the word is really spreading, they may look at having it on the 2nd and 4th Saturday's of each month, but we have to walk before we run. :2tu: the good news is the Great Indoors manager is a car guy and loves to offer his huge parking lot to help out. There is a coffee shop inside called Dazbog Coffee, (replaced the Starbucks that was in there) which is local and it is great coffee and breakfast plates.

Pictures are all over the internet, just google Denver Cars & Coffee and I am sure they will turn up. I forgot my camera.

Thanks
Rick

PS It would be great to have a bunch more Vipers at the show!

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Very successful inaugural Cars & Coffe in Denver, CO

Opps! Can someone move this over to the General Discussion thread for me. My mistake!

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Venomiss,

The weather was great and the show was a great start. The interesting thing is from the internet talk and people committing for the next show, we could have almost 200 cars here on April 11. Wow!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever thought of Cars & Coffee came up with a great idea. Get your car fix done early in the day and still have the afternoon and evening for other things. :2tu:

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darn! I was actually in town for a nice change and did not know about this...

Sadly, I'm scheduled to be away the Apr 11.

Is there a schedule somewhere? Possible to get on a notification list?

Thanks,

Joe

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe;

It is going to be the 2nd Saturday of each month. That is the schedule. The 1st Saturday I found out they have C&C in Boulder somewhere which is a lot closer for you. Unfortunately I don't know where it is in Boulder.

Looking at your cars, you could bring just about any of them. There were no Ford GTs there but if you bring yours, you better keep an eye on me as I might just sneak off with it. :)

Take care
Rick

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Rick!

Boulder is a bit left wing for me. Might be a C&C for Prius and Hybrid owners!

There is a pretty good show in Golden along Old Colfax. First Saturday of month, I believe. Very informal, lots of very interesting cars.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yah Joe;

I don't venture up that way up to Boulder very often either. Thanks for the heads up on the Old Colfax show. Any idea what the cross street is?

Thanks
Rick

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I shuold have said Old Golden Rd. Cross street is Johnson. There is a round-about there and the Sonic on the east side of the road is the upper end. Numerous parking lots on both sides of the road north (toward Golden).

Do you know Bob D, silver twin turbo or Bob C. red / white stripe GTS? Either one are more "plumbed in" than me.

BTW: Great color combo you have there!

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe;

Not sure if I know those guys or not. I remember faces. I have only been able to get to a few VCA events each year because of work. This year, hoping for more, but then again I always start the year off with good intentions before that work word kicks in to remove my free time.

Rick

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this is a new one for me! After a few calls to me from others today:

I must apologize in error for calling out this Great Indoors show as an official Cars & Coffee show, which is what everyone at the show was referring to it as. Turns out that there was an "official" Cars and Coffee show already being worked on and thus the show at The Great Indoors in NOT a Cars and Coffee show. My mistake though I don't know how anyway else could figure out otherwise! I just showed up for it.

The "official" C&C show can be found through the Cars and Coffee official website, thus I will just point people there and to the Denver chapter for the "official" C&C show info.

Regardless, there is going to still be a "Great Indoors" show this Saturday April 11th as it has been planned for a month now and I am sure they will discuss all this new information and decide what to do.

In the end, both shows will be great and the "official" C&C show is every Saturday which is nice for people with even worse work schedules than mine, though that is hard to fathom.

Again, sorry for the mis-information. Hey I just attend them, not organize them. :)

MODERATOR, please either remove this thread entirely or change all references of Cars & Coffee (C&C) to just Great Indoors. I don't know how to do that as it will not let me edit it. Might be easier to just remove it. Thanks!

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
COFFEE at The Great Indoors will resume on May 2nd. The get together is now just going to be called "COFFEE at The Great Indoors".

Told it turns into a weekly gathering on Saturday mornings from 8:00 am to 9:30 am.

Gathering this past weekend was down a bit, but weather was less than desireable too. Didn't stop 5 Viper owners, two Ferrari Scuderias and one Lamborghini (looked like a Revention) from showing up. There were still around 50 cars. Not bad considering it felt like it was going to snow. Just rain though.

Still lots of fun and all are welcome no matter what vehicle you drive. Remember, this is just a "gathering for COFFEE" :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456