Viper by David Wendt

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tonight I met with photographer David Wendt to take a photograph of my car. He is well known nationally for his photographs of high end exotics and muscle cars for calendars. When you see those kiosks in the malls with the car calendars, there's a good chance he took the photographs. He is in all the Borders Bookstore and he does alot for Road and Track. His website is very cool.

He was shooting for the "Fast Expensive Cars" 2012 calendar. 2011 is already booked. This one photograph took three hours to set up, light and shoot. I was amazed at the amount of time it took. No sooner did I get home and he kicked this off to me. He says it is a rough sketch and he had a lot to do with it still but wanted to give me an idea of what it will look like. Already I think it looks cool. Can't wait to see what he will do with it.

I quickly learned in the first ten minutes with this guy that I knew absolutely nothing about photography.

Attachments

• Viper-biplane-1[1].jpg
    Viper-biplane-1[1].jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that is nothing but awesome! I really like airplanes (duh) and I have a vert also, so that theme really makes it for me.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Fantastic shot ............................two low level flyers!!!

The finished product is going to looked wonderful, framed and in a prominent spot on your wall !!

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome shot but the scale on the background looks like it doesn't account for the car being in the foreground if that makes sense...

OP
OP
C

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Second revision. Removed light from side of car and added light to the plane. Looks great. Check out his website, Dave Wendt Photography, he has another Viper there.

Attachments

• Viper-biplane-1-b-flt[1].jpg
    Viper-biplane-1-b-flt[1].jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the bump on a somewhat older thread but I do not visit here as often and this thread was worth another post or two.

David Wendt's work is very cool. My 99 GTS was in his 2009 (maybe 2008...cant remember) Calendar and my 01 ACR will be in the 2011.

The red GTS shot was the final version but the ACR shot is a work in progress. I had to reduce the quality to post them here but the high res versions really are stunning.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• my99calansmall2.jpg
    my99calansmall2.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Viperacr2.jpg
    Viperacr2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 122