Viper Days at Motorsport Ranch

Lindsey Douglas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days at Motorsports Ranch – Cresson, TX
February 26 – 28, 2010

Viper Days Performance Driving School​
Novice Drivers: One on One instruction from exceptionally well qualified instructors. Classroom sessions teach the proper techniques needed on the track, and to make you a better driver on the road.
Intermediate and Advanced Drivers: One on One instruction is available as is classroom sessions with top tier advanced professionals. Learn to analyze your driving and balance your car
for better lap times.
Private Instruction: Check our website,Viper Days by NARRA, for details. Tommy Archer, Neil Hanneman, Cindy Lux, and others are available for private instruction.
Drivers Information
Performance Driving School for Novice Drivers is available Saturday and Sunday, February 27 and 28.
Performance Driving School for Intermediate and Advanced Drivers is available Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, February 26-28.

Viper Racing League​
The VRL features ground pounding Comp Coupes, GT-1 Vipers, Corvettes, and other high performance, big horsepower race cars.
Race fans! Join us to watch the races and mingle with fellow sports car enthusiasts. Spend a day at the races and see how much fun a Viper Days track day can be.
Race Information
Friday, February 26 will be a Test & Tune day. Sprint races will take place Saturday and Sunday, February 27 and 28.

New Dodge Viper ACR-X to Run with Viper Days​
The Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR-X will make its on-track debut at Virginia International Raceway in July 2010 in a newly developed spec series called the Dodge Viper Cup, which will be sanctioned by the existing Viper Racing League.
Each vehicle in the new series must be the new Viper ACR-X.
The ACR-X will be displayed at all Viper Days events prior to VIR. For more information on the Dodge Viper ACR-X, call Viper Race Headquarters at (888) 960-3333 or visit viperheadquarters.com

For more information, contact:
Lindsey Douglas
(817) 829-4893
[email protected]

or visit our website, viperdays.com

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim,

The ACR X will be there but it is not scheduled to run any laps.

But you never know!!

I will also be there with Purchase Applications and to answer any questions.

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ

Pictureman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I'm trying to decide to make the trip to Texas to take pictures or not. The ACR-X sure photographs good. Let me know if you need somebody to test drive it for you. LOL

Tim

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2/27 says it's a 3.1 mile course, 3/28 says a 1.7 mile course are you running 2 different configurations over the weekend? :confused: Also it says 2/26 is a "member's day" are Vipers allowed to test-n-tune?

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Socal, "Members" day at club courses generally means 'members-only.' I was told its the 1.7 mile track. Lindsey doesn't usu respond in the forums. You should get on Viperdays site and email her.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fortunately, my club track - H2R - has a reciprocity agreement with MSR! Now the problem is getting out of my Saturday commitment. :mad:

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will use the 1.7 mile course, counterclockwise. Friday 5-6 PM the track will be available to Vipers to familiarize with the track, work on set up, etc.

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tim,

I have just been told by SRT Engineering that the ACR X will be on track for some testing during the weekend.

I do not know who the driver will be yet! I'll bet we can get someone to volunteer. :)

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim,

I have just been told by SRT Engineering that the ACR X will be on track for some testing during the weekend.

I do not know who the driver will be yet! I'll bet we can get someone to volunteer. :)

Tom Francis
Viper Race HQ
I'm supposed to be at Disneyworld that weekend, but if SRT needs a driver, I could probably make that happen! :headbang:

OP
OP
L

Lindsey Douglas

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update on Motorsports Ranch:

We will be holding a benefit auction at the Saturday night banquet for Bobby Archer. I hope to see everybody there!

Some of the members of MSR have expressed their desire to allow Viper Days to run Friday the 26th during the member sessions. They will run 30 minute sessions from 9:00 – 12:00 and 12:30 – 5:00.

The ACR-X will be running at MSR for a test and tune!!

Dave Scott

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am available for one on one coaching to help folks learn the track on Friday.

tfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Boxer,

I will pass that along to the SRT Boys. I know it must have been a tough choice for you Seeing the Mouse or driving the ACR X !!

Tom Francis
Viper Race Hq

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The auction is being held as a benefit for Bobby Archer. Bobby has recently gone through Open Heart Surgery , brother's John and Tommy are holding an auction through Viper Days. I have been told that we will have some very cool things and items from years of racing as well as one off items.You can always send your well wishes to Bobby through John at [email protected] . Get well soon Bobby!

MSR is a very intense 1.7 miles and very technical. Come and join us to watch or drive your car in our DE program. There will be a few special cars running as well as the X. Woodhouse will be there with Kuno driving the WC car. Hope to see everyone, it is our season opener with contigency money awarded to the weekdnd winner of the GT-MC and GT-C classes.

A special thank you goes out to all our sponsors: Viper Club Of America, Dodge, Trophy Depot, Hoosier, Forgeline, Corsa, Viper Headquarters. This is going to be a great year. Check out the new information on the web site: Viper Days by NARRA

A Televison schedule has also been set for the series beginning in July with the debut of the Dodge Viper Cup. More to follow.

3SRTsandGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bernie,

It's a 17 hr drive for me one way, but since the X needs a driver I'll be making the trip. I'll see you in about 2 weeks!

Dave

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have fun. I will be in Lexington, KY visiting my father. I am currently planning on making it to Barber in March. The right foot is starting to get a little twitchy.

Good luck this weekend, hope the weather works out. Driving CC with street tires in snow doesn't sound like much fun.

Keep the shinny side up,

Steve
VRL #007

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those the have the opportunity to see the ACRX, i ordered one & have decided not to purchase. Car should be included in the first run. Feel free to contact me & get yours early.

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather was great for being on the track yesterday at MSRC and we're expecting the same again for today. Gotta hand it to you guys. The auction showed us just what a great family exists in VCA. There were a few moments that brought tears to my eyes.

Here's wishing Bobby a quick recovery.:)

fergy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't post on the VCA forums much (mostly because I don't want the entire planet of Viper owners to hate me for something stupid I might say) but here are some of my videos from the Viper Days event at MSR Cresson.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmaNM6Mvn0E[/media] - Saturday race practice

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wPAWJCxpFU[/media] - Saturday qualifying

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrwtPqVf2YE[/media] - Sunday 1-hour inverted race

For all my videos, go to YouTube - ViperFergy's Channel.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Way cool , Kevin and you need to change the music from heavy metal to smooth jazz ---------------- as that is the way you drive!!!
No unwasted motion, no jerky moves , just going fast controlled and easy.

Post more videos, I love the track down there , so it brought back fond memories.

Bill P

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave