Viper Days - June 20-22

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This sounds great, I can't wait to get signed up and find out more info. I'm going to book some vacation time so I can go and enjoy myself, Who else is thinking of going? It would be nice to cruise up to Ottawa together as a warm up.

Who's in??? :drive:

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In....Agree, Viper Days will be the highlight of our 08 summer driving experience. It is also, the first time to be held in canada and from what I hear it's a great school.

Skip Thomas has given us two 1/2 off coupons which will be drawn to two lucky attendees!!

OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is everyone doing for a helmet??? Is there one brand of helmet that everyone prefers or is it like the old question which gen viper is the best...lol

I was just watching the calabogie videos and looking at the track. It looks like a great learning track. For those of you lucky enough to drive it last year, how hard is the track on your brakes. Should I be buying new pads before I go???

Thanks

Glenn

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glenn,

..Fresh brake fluid(dot#4) in place is a must, and you surely will not wear a set of pads in two days since you will be still with an instructor. As far as helmets make sure it meets the safety standards (Snell 2000 and up). You will find that motorcycle helmets are reasonably priced compared to auto-helmets, and the difference is in the helmet's liner, one is fire retardent the motorcylce helmet is not.

OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They say on the website that motorcycle helmets will not be allowed. I have a buddy who races go carts at mosport, I'm gonna ask him what he uses. Thanks for the break fluid tip Nabil

I did not see a complete schedule yet, but the website has alot of good info.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...This is a good question and it's on everyone's mind!!

The VCA carries an insurance to cover club events, this policy however, applies only to the US/ VCA clubs and with provisions. It is advisable, to check with your insurence carrier before hand, if it covers un-clocked driver's schooling track event.

Not sure what Viper Days insurance covers!!!

OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I attended the Howard Dexter high performance course last year at mosport, and my insurance did not cover me. It would be great if there was some kind of VCA collision coverage we could pay for.

But I'm planning on going anyway..

OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Got a line on a new helmet, I'm gonna put new brake pads and fluid in before I go. I can't believe no one else has piped up. We have some planning to do...

When are we leaving???
Where are we staying???
Where is the closest beer store???
Who's gonna drive at the front of the line on the way there???
I heard of a good rule when a bunch of people are on a cruise. If the guy at the front of the line gets a ticket, everyone in line behind him splits it with him. Sound fair

I can't believe it's winter, this ***** I wanna drive now...

Dave149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am hoping to go. I can't find how much it costs, and how many days it is. I assume it is just Saturday and Sunday. I guess we will find out more the closer it gets.

HSSSTOY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...the cost is $695 US... we would leave on the 19th and return on Sunday the 22nd. of June. As to accommodation, it has not been determined yet, but will keep you posted.

Two lucky VCO members will receive a coupon worth $350/each, for those attending this event.

OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys.. just received an email from Coutney Thomas and she gave me the following information

The fees for this year is as follows:

The cost for a normal event is $695 but assuming you are a VCA member we will give you a $50 discount plus a $100 discount for being a first time Viper Days driver. Bringing the cost down to $545 for the entire weekend which includes:
Fri pm cocktail/registration party where we cater in the food and drink for you,
that is where you register and get your goodie bag filled with a Viper Days
embroidered polo and other goodies, 2 hours of track time, in car
instruction with in car communicators, classroom, water all weekend, Sat pm
sit down dinner, give a ways and a large charity auction, another 2 hours of
track time on Sunday with instructor and classroom and trophies.

The discounts only apply to 2 day events. If you are only doing 1 day it is
$325

This sounds like a great deal to me...well worth the money, I'm in

Glenn

BB Racin 77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do hope a bunch of people go to this event. I am sure you will enjoy it! There are several classes throughout the weekend for beginers to advanced and something for everyone. There will probably also be a test and tune day on Friday as well, but this will be put on by the track and not Viper Days. Viper Days is one of the best driving schools that you could possibly attend. It is fun,friendly and safe!

and yes, it is early to start thinking about this event, but it should get on your list. :D

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In....Agree, Viper Days will be the highlight of our 08 summer driving experience. It is also, the first time to be held in canada and from what I hear it's a great school.

Skip Thomas has given us two 1/2 off coupons which will be drawn to two lucky attendees!!

where is the canadian one beeing held?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger