1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viper Days @ TWS - Lodging

Discussion in 'Texas: Houston' started by Slithr, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Viper fans, below is the info for the host hotel(s) for Viper Days... Only 7 rooms left at the Hampton! Book early due to an Aggie footballl game the same weekend!

HOTEL INFO:

Hampton Inn (Code "NAR")
    0 S TX Ave.
    Collge Station
    , TX 77840

Sylvia Rosas
    Sales Coordinator
    Ph: 979-846-0184
    Fax: 979-268-5807
    Email: [email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
    www.collegestation.hamptoninn.com

Country Inn & Suites College Station
    1010 Southwest Parkway East
    College Station, TX 77840
    Telephone: (979) 693-7777 Fax: (979) 693-1700
    Name: Sandip Patel
    Title: Gm Cell: 1-979-324-9891
    Phone: 1-979-693-7777
    Fax: 1-979-693-1700
    Email: san[email protected] This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Directions:
    From Highway 6 South, take the Southwest Parkway exit. Make a left at the light and the hotel will be on the left.
    From Highway 6 North, take the Southwest Parkway exit. Make a right at the light and the hotel will be on the left.

2. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Enthusiast

Make that six now. Just got a room.

3. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Enthusiast

Hey that looks like cut and paste from the Narra web site dawg !!!! Glad you posted it..Sylvia was very helpful.

4. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

I happen to be a cut/paste expert :D You're welcome, glad you were able to grab a room!

5. rpm9000

rpm9000 Enthusiast

Alan, I take it you are going to Viper Days? Man it's going to be a scorcher that time of the year.

6. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Paul,

I am certainly trying to go; I wanted to grab a room before it was too late. If by chance I cannot attend, I'll be able to let another VCA member have the room. My next step is to see if they'll even let me on the track (Beginner group driver’s education) in my bone stock Gen III? I'm afraid they might require a roll bar; I don't think I'm fast enough to get in trouble without one. I might be being overzealous (dumb) trying to take some drivers education before getting a roll bar though?

On the other hand the cruise up there, Viper Cup races, and hanging out with everyone will be fun, even if I'm not allowed on the track (just not as much fun).

7. JonB

JonB Viper Owner

JonB and Doris from PartsRack will be there with Pace Car duties...... Hope To See Y'ALL..........

Im not sure if its scheduled for TWS, (track insurnace matters) but we sometimes take Viper Owners on 4-5 parade laps at lunch time.....

8. rpm9000

rpm9000 Enthusiast

Alan,
    I just checked with NARRA and you will not have to have a rollbar for your car. At least not in the Novice Group. So you ought to be good to go!!

9. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Thanks Paul, are you guys planning to go despite the heat?

10. rpm9000

rpm9000 Enthusiast

I'm not sure. If I do go I may be by myself. I just wish they hadn't changed the date to September from May like last year. Are you and your wife both going to drive?

11. shooter_t1

shooter_t1 Has Left the Room!

Yep, plenty of stock verts run the novice class. You will have a good time.:headbang:

12. shooter_t1

I think last year Ryan (Gotone), had a parade lap and pictures set up for VCA members.

13. JonB

JonB Viper Owner

Correct.... but you have to have treaded tires, like PS2. "NO HOOSIERS"

14. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Then the set of Kumho Ecsta's you sold me should be fine :D

15. V10SpeedLuvr

V10SpeedLuvr Enthusiast

Here's a pic Jon asked me to post:

[​IMG]

16. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Whoop for the Aggie football game lol:). I've got season tickets so I'll have to join you guys around the game.

John look forward to meeting you!

Also Alan I will run in the Novice group with you to keep you company:). I've done the parade laps before but I need to start getting away from drag racing and into some more road racing.

Andy

17. B & R

B & R Enthusiast

Andy:

We have season tickets and Beth doesn't want to go to the game so I am taking Mike G. We should pick a place to eat Sunday before the game. Gonna be a long fun Sunday!

Richard

18. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Yes Sir! We'll chat when it gets closer; can't wait!

Alan it looks like I will sign up to run on Saturday so I can be free for the Aggie game on Sunday against SMU.

19. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Andy, I look forward to running with you in the novice group, at least we have matching paint on the sides :omg: I plan to sign-up for as much instruction as I can fit in, probably both days as I'll be sharing that time with my wife. Right now my wife has more track time than me (3 laps at MSR, no instruction, on 7 yr. old run flats), me nada, zip, zero.

20. B & R

B & R Enthusiast

Andy:

The game isn't until 6:30PM or so, I plan on running both days, they have showers at the track so the folks sitting next to you at the game won't be offended.

21. FLATOUT

FLATOUT Viper Owner

Sounds great Richard, if Mike needs an Aggie jersey let me know I have a few extras :)!!!!!

22. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Enthusiast

I had to schedule at the Hilton to accommodate the 4 of us. Out of rooms and I procrastinated. I hope I'm not shot for the football game. Richard, do you know of anywhere we can park ACRs for the game? Karin will be going on home with kids and the trailer. Glad I'm taking Monday off!

BTW, I'm showing up on Friday to run some early.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  23. B & R

B & R Enthusiast

Mike, sure we can park on a certain side street tucked away but accessible to the bus route. Easy in and out. We have never had any problems.

Richard

24. SRT8&10

SRT8&10 Viper Owner

this sounds like a blast.

25. SRT8&10

SRT8&10 Viper Owner

I am a new member, and have run my challenger out there a couple of times, would love to do it in the viper.

26. Slithr

Slithr Enthusiast

Welcome aboard Ron, I look forward to meeting you and also running at TWS. I've never had any driver's education (except 'school of hard knocks') and really look forward too it.

27. shooter_t1

I guess we don't get to see your little blue beast at the track anymore huh Mike?. Relegated to car shows and street duty?.

On another note, I noticed the garage price went up 75% this year. AND I didn't see a place for a VCA discount when I signed up. Didn't we used to get that?

28. Smokin' 2

Smokin' 2 Enthusiast

The GTS is relegated to cruising duty. Right now she's a paperweight while I wait for the time to get her retuned. I'm starting to consider getting her right and selling her again but I've noticed a few nice GTS's that are not selling at a reasonable price and do not intend to take a hit just to let her go.

There's supposed to be a discount for VCA members and I recall a spot to put my VCA number in the website when I registered last week.

29. SRT8&10

SRT8&10 Viper Owner

nevermind, found the link in another section. I registered for Saturday driving school. Can't wait!! Now I just need to do some things to get the car ready.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011