Viper Detail

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short, after buying the car I wanted to get it detailed. Took it to a local shop which were supposed to do high quality work :rolleyes: They did a horrible job. I made it clear to them that I wanted all water marks, swirls, and holograms removed form the car, they assured me they could do it. When I picked the car up it was even worse then when I had dropped it off with them.

So I did some searching and asking around and found a local guy by the name of DJ Mayo. he would return all my emails and calls promptly. He even came out to my place and detailed the car. Any one who knows detailing will tell you it really is an art and not everyone has the skills even though they say they do. The car came out fantastic! here are some pics. If you are in the DC/VA/MD area and are looking for a professional detailer feel free to contact him. He has worked on countless exotics and knows what he's doing.

Pics of the car before and after:
Before
You must be registered for see images attach

After

50/50 shot

Here is some of DJ's other work with Todd.
Private Ferrari Collection Detailing by Todd Cooperider and DJ Mayo | Todd Cooperider Online

DJ's site
DJ Mayo – Detailed Image

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff. It is nice having a nice enough camera to be able to truly capture the before & after shots of a good detail job:2tu:

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just curious, how long did it take him? Reason I ask is I've been working on mine forever and am no where near done, did he do the whole car like that in one day? If so I'm doing something wrong lol.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:omg::omg: if my car looks half as good as that when I'm done with it i will be happy as all get out. Very nice work. Car looks amazing!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, how long did it take him? Reason I ask is I've been working on mine forever and am no where near done, did he do the whole car like that in one day? If so I'm doing something wrong lol.
It usually takes me about 12 hours to do a Detail job similar to that. Black is great for showcasing proper detail work.

Car came out great.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Any one who knows detailing will tell you it really is an art and not everyone has the skills even though they say they do.

You must be registered for see images

You should let folks know who the hacks were that you visited first so that no one else in your area makes that mistake. Did they charge you?

No you're not, you're just using equipment that gets the job done slower but safer. If you were to use a rotary polisher, you could cut every scratch and swirl out of your paint in hours. You would also end up with missing paint and holograms all over your car like you see in this picture:

I'm sure you don't want to be staring at that animal. Paint correction is an art form and you don't learn how to do it overnight. Like anything it takes time and practice, and a whole lot of passion.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats an amazing job. And one sweet lookin ACR.
I hope you tipped him.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind feedback. I really appreciate it.

It took DJ about 16.5 hours to complete the project. Feel free to contact him with any question you may have. I’m sure he would be more than happy to help.

You must be registered for see images

You should let folks know who the hacks were that you visited first so that no one else in your area makes that mistake. Did they charge you?

Your absolutely right. D&V Autobody in Sterling, VA. I should have never trusted them, I fell in to the mistake of seeing all these high end Ferraris and Lamborghinis at their shop and thought they were professionals at what they do. When I originally picked the car up, the owner was as shocked as I was in how the car turned out. He apologized and asked me if I could bring it back, he went on to explain that he wanted another chance to do a better job. I just didn't feel comfortable having them "try again". I am in the process of attempting to get refund, DJ who did the outstanding detail contacted D&V and let them know how bad of a job they really did, supplying them with these very same before and after pictures.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice job! People underestimate how long it takes, but the right equipment saves you a ton of time and produces better results.

I highly recommend a Flex over a Griots or PC if you're looking for 100% paint correction. The PC is nice, but will take a lot longer.

SlayerLS1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much did all this cost? I looked around on his website, but didn't find anything.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've polished the Viper with a PC, and you're right it's nice (slow/safe) but just won't get the deeper scratches out easily. How much polishing experience is needed before graduating to a Flex?

Slithr-
I have had both tools for a long time and have used them quite a bit.
Neither one will get out a deep scratch, you would require a true rotary buffer to do that.
Both of these will get out your light surface scratches, paint swirls etc. The Flex just does it faster with less effort.
Of course the Flex costs more.
The Flex is direct drive, so no amount of downward pressure can physically stop the head from turning unlike a PC.
You would have to go out of your way, or fall asleep using the tool to damage a car with modern clear coat on it even with the Flex.
I suppose it is possible but not easy. The proper pads are important as is the polish.

If you would like any other info, send me a PM. I have used many product sold and have no aganda to sell any particular one.
But I have found some I am very happy with and used them with success on numerous Vipers, as well as taking out the dealer installed paint swirls on both my new ones. Safely.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you can run a PC, you can run a Flex. They are easier to use, in my opinion, as they have a variable trigger.

Rule of thumb, if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, you will need to wetsand. If you cannot feel the scratch, Flex will get it out.

I own 4 PCs and two Flex. Two of the PCs are over 6 years old and still kickin! PCs are great tools and have their place. I just look at it as time is money and what's your time worth? Also, the Flex will take you to the point of perfection unatainable with the PC.

Adam's Basic Flex Kit starts at $399.95. Email me if you need any help or suggestions.

[email protected]

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62