Viper motor dress up

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in the process of installing a 2001 viper motor and trans in a 1932 ford roadster. I will be removing the a/c, p/s and just using the waterpump and alternator on the front of the motor. In any case I need to dress it up as the hood sides will be open. I have seen some polished valve covers and intakes and also some painted. Can these parts be chromed? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Leonard Knight

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven't seen them, vipers by elite has polished and clear powerder coated ones. I would expect that you could have the polished ones chromed as well since they are already basically prepped. Talk to Scott. Pics of the polished ones and prices are at http://www.vipersbyelite.com/viper_007.htm .

Since the Viper engine is all aluminum, you should just polish the whole thing. That would be something!

--- Ken

OP
OP
L

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was considering polishing the entire engine. I saw a Jag V12 done up and it looked nice but I think I need some contrast to show it off.

Leonard

prodiver

VCA Member
Reaction score
I have a Harley with a polished motor and transmission and it is a lot of work keeping it that way but I do ride it a lot. I can't imagine polishing my Viper motor and keeping it that way. If it is just for show then go for it. The best place I have found for chrome plating aluminum is California Chrome. http://www.calchrome.com/. Good luck with your project.

OP
OP
L

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I like driving my cars as well as showing them but I have other hot rods with polished blowers, etc. I don't consider it work but more like therapy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger