Viper on the edge of 200MPH in the 1/4

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee Saunders set a new personal best yesterday evening with a 7.47 @ 199.4mph. He switched to a Powerglide and replaced one bad turbo. They found out the turbo was binding up and after replacing it, the car woke up in a serious way.

I believe he was on a 31x10.5 Slick and weight was somewhere in the 3300lbs range.

Here is the video of Lee's run. It was shot with a cell phone.

viper199.flv video by sourskittlesrt4 - Photobucket

This was shot over the weekend for a upcoming Speed Channel "Pinks all out".

Cudaman:usa:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"I don't care who you are" that there was some run! Congratulations!!

Last edited:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
0-200 in the 7's ! Talk about you body being plastered to the seat:omg: man thats fast and I mean FAST!! Way to go!!:2tu:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow that was fantastic! Yes better camera next time please.
Was that a qualifier for the quick 8 or do you know if he made it
into the finals for that time?

Im gonna start recording pinks all out again. :headbang:

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee's car is sick no doubt, but I still like Sal's car since it still has an IRS

OP
OP
C

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why don't you guys bring decent cameras to the track? LOL...good run!

That was shot from a cell phone and yes they brought a good camera....It was a TV camera with a full crew, it might be HD.

Cudaman:usa:

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang, Lee is a great guy and I'm glad he got to put his Viper in the contest. I have never seen it at his house though. =(

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself, I fail to see the difference. If the rest of the car has had just about every OEM mechanical part changed at huge expense, harping about the rear suspension in an anything goes class is pointless.

Lee's car is sick no doubt, but I still like Sal's car since it still has an IRS

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad Lee doesn't get on this board much, the Viper community would find out what a great guy he is and a lot of fun to hang out with. And not only is he a great drag racer but a great road racer too.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow...

And I thought it would be "kickin' ass" to do 200 mph in a Mile

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myself, I fail to see the difference. If the rest of the car has had just about every OEM mechanical part changed at huge expense, harping about the rear suspension in an anything goes class is pointless.

I said his car is amazing. I wasn't putting down his car. I simply said I believe Sal's car is more impressive due to being an IRS car. If you fail to see the difference, then I'll assume you don't drag race.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both are VERY, VERY AMAZING! Since Sal hasn't been out this year, I'm going to guess he'll set some personal best runs in the not to distance future as well. Great work guys!

Now about that mile...

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW:omg: That was awesome. Thanks for posting it Ward. Lee is a great guy and a real asset to the Viper community.

To post on a thread like this that you like someone elses car better is, well, classless. Start a thread on how great Sal's car is and then post your opinion there.

Great job Lee:D

Ron