Viper Problems

mikelet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread will deal witth Viper Problems.

I have a 2002 GTS and I have a problem with the drivers side door closing. I have had it into the dealer on FIVE occasions ... they have replaced every part in the door that they could and it still randomly does not close. Any one have a similar problem or a SOLUTION?

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen doctor Bob, I had to adjust both of mine.
It is a easy fix, but i would help to have a friend help you, I did mine alone and it was hard to hold up the door and get the bolts at the same time.
If you need any advice just let me know.

Clint

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem also. If it a minor sag you can do a bend back. Open the door about 1 foot, put a 4X4 block on a floor jack and slowly jack up at the farthest point from hinge on the door bottom. Don't put the block on the outside panel. Jack it then release testing it. I use this in the shop on must cars if the hinges aren't worn needing new bushings. Also my GTS had the rubber rubbing through at the lower door from sagging door had to replace the weatherstrip. :2tu:

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone posted how to use a towel to make the adjustments. Seach the GTS / RT/10 room and you should see it. It sound like it was easy and safe.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
......they have replaced every part in the door that they could and it still randomly does not close.

You did NOT say the door sags, nor drags nor hits anywhere.
I have 3 other possibles, please call me...

OP
OP
M

mikelet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John B. gave me some suggestions that I have not tried yet, since I have only driven the car once since I got all the suggestions. I will post when I try them.

Thanks ...

OP
OP
M

mikelet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried your suggestion and after I did the door closed ok ... but I may have to do it everytime the door fails to close. I've only had to do it twice so far. I'll continue to test your approach.

OP
OP
M

mikelet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I reported last year ,,, My drivers door refused to close on occasion ... John B suggested that it may be due to the wire harness being crimped and to jiggle it. That worked.

Well he was right ... now my door won't open ... took it into Dodge and they found that the wire harness had broken wires due to the crimping action.

Fortunately they will replace it on the warrantee. I should get it back on Monday ... I'll let you know if that fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456