Viper racing in Portland this weekend

Randy Blaylock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be road racing the Highlander Motorsports Viper GTS this weekend (6/16-17) at PIR, in the International Conference of Sports Car Club's "Chicane Challenge XV".

I'll be running two different races, in Group 1 and Group 4, in the SPO and ITE classes. Here's a link to the race announcement schedule and details;

http://www.icscc.com/forms/r_announce/CSCC_June17_07.pdf

Spectators are free, and the weather looks very promising. Stop by for a visit in the paddock if you find yourself in Portland this weekend. I believe there will be a Viper SRT team in attendance as well.

DRose

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: I'll be your pace car on Sunday.

See you there.

Doris

OP
OP
R

Randy Blaylock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pace car work Doris!

The weekend went very well. We secured pole position in both classes, SPO and ITE, the overall pole position in two different race groups, Group 1 and 4, and won both classes and race groups outright. A clean sweep.

The weather was a bit transient, with light rain showers Saturday morning making the Group 4 qualifying session pointless. I did less than one lap and pulled back into the paddock to wait and see if the track would dry out for the Group 1 qualifying session. Sure enough it did dry out, and I turned a good enough time in round 1 Saturday afternoon qualifying for that group to hold on to the top spot through the second round Sunday morning qualifying runs from other teams. I made my Group 4 qualifying run Sunday morning, securing the pole for that race group as well.

Both races went well, with no serious challenges to the overall race lead. The car ran well and came home for the win in both race groups.

Thanks to those of you that stopped by for a visit, hope you enjoyed the races.

The next race is a double race weekend in Spokane on July 13/14/15.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss