Viper Red spotted

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice to finally see the car in a natural situation without all the special lighting and reflections that are part of every other shot. Frankly the car looks rather rather "normal"--just a blend of earlier generations.---Dave

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see they added the wheel gap option...

This ...

And man, that front clip/street gap is TERRIBLE.

Its probably the picture, but that front end looks like its smiling ... Anyone else notice this? Looks like it needs to drop a good 3 inches.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good find.

Some pics the Gen V looks amazing. All of the pics I've seen of it in the wild look terrible. I'm going to have to reserve my final judgement for when I see it in person.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just not feeling it, my 01 GTS still looks better in my opinion.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I'm sure it is by design... plain paint job and monster truck stance. They're just trying to fly under the radar while logging their testing miles.
It's all utilitarian at this point... not trying to impress anybody. I'm certainly not going to get worked up about it.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Likely the same car as Marchione was seen driving in an earlier thread. Keep in mind this new color is currently being listed as Adrenaline Red and not the time honored Viper Red. Be interesting if it goes the way of Mango Tango turning into Toxic Orange, and Adrenaline falls back to the old standby.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The clownshoe is back.

I disagree. The original GTS looks way more like a clown shoe. :D The clamshell doesn't meet the sill which is what makes the sill look like a shoe sole on a GTS and the angle that the hood slopes toward the windshield is less dramatic. The new car is curvy but still not as much as the original. I think the Gen5 blends the best attributes of all previous Vipers nicely. My only disappointment with the new car is that they didn't relocate the gas cap back to where it was on the original GTS.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the very limited 4x4 optioned Viper. That just looks ridiculous. I cant believe they let them out in public looking like that.

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I must admit that I don't really care for the car in these pics. It reminds me of a 90's Toyota Supra. However, I must go back to when I was a VV which I remember very clearly. This is my unemotional, unattached, pure recollection of my VV (Viper ******) experience, not contaminated with knowledge or experience.

When I saw the Gen I in pictures for the first time, I thought it was interesting but was not blown away. I remember all the hype but it was more than a years salary and totally out of my league so I moved on. Then some time later I actually saw one and I WAS blown away. It was still more than I could afford but I did fantasize about owning one one day. A few more years go by, I have been working very hard its time to for a little reward. The new Gen III comes out, but its OK in pictures. It does not do much for me so I am looking at Porsches. My wife says to me, "there is no way your a Porsche guy, isn't there something else out there". Well I say, maybe a Viper. I found one at a fairly nearby dealer, so on our way to dinner one night we stop by. I remember very clearly. I walk into the showroom and there it sits. Holly !@#$, that is so cool. I asked if they would start it and they did. I knelt down to the side pipe, took a deep breath, inhaled and said I'll take it. You will always remember your first.

I have never thought the Viper looked good in pictures Gen I, II, III, or IV. It never really shows of its aggressive, low wide stance. I still don't think they look good in pictures but I am now very bias. When I see a viper in a picture it immediately conjures up emotional attachments from all my connections to the car. I have been to so many track events and driving events, seen so many Vipers and have so many great memories that any picture brings out those fond memories, so I cannot objectively look at a Viper ever again. It's not just a car and hasn't been for a long time.

So now the Gen V comes out. The first pictures actually look pretty good to me. I don't have all the hangups that many on this forum have. The only thing I don't like is the gap under the front facia and around the wheels. But if everyone is honest all the other Gen's have a big gaps too. ALL the cool looking pics of Viper have lowered stances and a dropped front facia. The recent pictures of the Gen V on the street don't look near as good as the promo stuff does. It looks too narrow and high, but there is not a good reference to really judge. So I went back and looked at stock pictures of GEN III & IV's. They look pretty tame and sit high as well. I don't really know what to think.

Though I am not a ******, I have not seen my Viper in quite a while. I have been building a new house, been very busy and have no place for it at home so I have had it in storage. Plus the fact that it did not pass emissions the last time and I have not had time to deal with it. Well I thought, I could be a born again Viper ****** (BAVV). The other great thing about Vipers is that you rarely see them on the road and I hadn't seen any Viper in quite a while. I could definitely qualify as a BAVV. So I leave the office today and go by my storage unit, pop the lock, raise the door and as the light creeps in from under the raising door, that gorgeous Viper reveals itself. Damn I love that car. I forgot how wide it is and low, mmm . . . . I climb in, snuggle in my seat, put my hand on the shifter, ooohhhh . . . .push the start button . . . . ahaaaaa.

Morally of the story, I would have never bought a Viper if I had not seen it in person. I submit to you all of you, that know one has any ties to the new car like you have to yours, so there is no subjective, emotional pull like you have with the older cars. Of course I am only speaking to Viper owners not Viper posers. I have talked to a couple of people that have actually seen the car, and they say its great. Based on that, I have put a deposit down on one. I will have to see it in person before I actually buy it, however but I am confident that it will not disappoint. I have loved them all so far and I suspect # 5 will continue to keep my interest.

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very well spoken ViperGMC ... Then again, what can one expect from a fellow TN Viper Owner ;)

I'm on the young side (27) -- So Gen III's are what I remember when first putting my eyes on one. Boy, I will never forget the Black 3rd Gen I saw parked in a 7-11 parking lot. I thought ... One day, I will own way.

Fast forward 8-9 years, and here I am ... I own a Gen III.

Now ... I sit trying to decide whether or not to put a deposit down for a Gen 5. I don't want to miss the boat, nor do I want to make a quick/rash decision ...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It needs black wheels. The SRT version with the track pack option will get the non garage queen crew's juices flowing.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By no means am I trying to soil this thread, but I just noticed ugly orange and red side markers on the Viper. What is going on here? I thought Ralph said we only needed ugly side markers if the Viper were wider...? What's the point of going "narrow" if you still have to put these eye sores on here? Maybe I am missing something???

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not liking those pix either. Lets hope that its some kinda test mule wearing the fiberglas a little "high" in the waist.......

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By no means am I trying to soil this thread, but I just noticed ugly orange and red side markers on the Viper. What is going on here? I thought Ralph said we only needed ugly side markers if the Viper were wider...? What's the point of going "narrow" if you still have to put these eye sores on here? Maybe I am missing something???

HMMMMMM.....I wonder if its a test to see how the side markers would look. Maybe he has been reading that thread about making the ACR look like the GTSR:D...Wishful thinking on my part more than likely.. Those do look horrid...

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Well, unless they build the one that Austin photo shopped, I get to save money and keep my Gen 4. Not impressed.

CA97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhat underwhelming in the "wild" -
The should of spent the money on a front lift "ala" Gallardo/Porsche so they could have a lower ride height and you use the lift for curbs and speed bumps -at least include in the GTS top of the line model......