Viper/Sauna???

Steel00GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The inside of my viper gets so hot that you still sweet with the air on full blast after you drive it for 20 min or so. I talked to one guy who said something was wronge with his air from the factory and he got it fixed, now it's ice cold. Has anyone had any problems, my air just isn't feeling as cold as it should be to me.

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I remembered on my Silver GTS, i had the same problem. It seems like the air-con is getting less and less cold. Finally, one day, there's simply no cold air coming out from the duct anymore. So i took it in to the dealer and they found out that the air-con hose is leaking. Anyway, i think your best bet is to take it in to the dealer and have them check it out for u. Good Luck!

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the start of the summer I also had a problem with my AC losing charge in my 2000 RT/10 and no longer putting out cold air. The Viper Tech said that there was indeed an AC leak and that Dodge had a reworked AC line part (sorry that I do not remember the exact part description) that they were replacing the original part with. The part was a special order and took a couple of days to get in. After that was fixed, the AC has been great. You might want to check and see if the same situation exists in your case.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper's a/c system is marginal even when working properly. Lose the cats and tint the windows to significantly improve performance.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Non-working A/C due to line or condensor leaks is common.
Viper cockpits are warm anyway.....

Once you get it working, you can put a PCV plumbing pipe elbow to reroute the crotch blower to your footwell. About $5.

Hi-Flow cats are a lot cooler and fit great....about $300/pr.

You can also add:
Toe-Box insulation kits are available in two types Same as NASCAR uses!

Underneath toe-box insulation; $270 each
Or insulation carpet underlayment...... per side. $300

Cooler cockpit: Priceless!!

King RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Florida. I can take a beautiful girl out and by the end of the date I am bringing home Alice Cooper. (Makeup running)
Is the site glass an accurate way to check freon charge?
On the bright side I don't need to use a cigarette lighter to light my cigars, I just use the dash!!

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car gets hot, but not to the point where its intolerable. Then again, you also have the humidity in Florida that is working against you. If the A/C is not ice cold, have the system checked, as mine has blown cold since day one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets