Viper Service near Pittsburgh, PA?

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently moved from IL to PA. I need to have the slave cylinder on my '99 RT/10 replaced. Who is a good person / dealer to take it to for this in the Pittsburgh, PA region?

On a side note, any ideas on how to get it there? The clutch won't work at all and I doubt that most towing services would have a clue on how to deal with a Viper.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of Pittsburgh are you in? There are a few Viper owners in the Pgh area. I hear there is a tech at Laurel Valley Motors in Latrobe and West Pointe Dodge in Burgettstown.

WRD97GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently moved from IL to PA. I need to have the slave cylinder on my '99 RT/10 replaced. Who is a good person / dealer to take it to for this in the Pittsburgh, PA region?

On a side note, any ideas on how to get it there? The clutch won't work at all and I doubt that most towing services would have a clue on how to deal with a Viper.

Dynamics Service Center - Performance Speciality Shop

Addresses Service, Repairs and Upgrades to GEN II Vipers.
Located within 5 minutes of Downtown Pittsburgh.
Very Professional

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do I need to drop the transmission to change it?

Transmission simply has to be unbolted and slid back. I've done the clutch w/o removing the tranny from the tunnel too. I did it all with the car on my 10" tall Race Ramps XT, and there's plenty of room to work.

You have to pay attention to a few things moving the tranny back, but it is not rocket science. Just patience oriented.

First time took me about 9 hours when doing the slave.

Second time took my about 6 hours when doing the clutch that I should have done when doing the slave...:nono:

Saved enough money to pay for the ramps ($340), and two quick pump aluminum floor jacks for the rear ($300) by doing it myself.

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
South Hills

We live very close.... i'm right down RT.19. You need to drop the transmission to change it. Depending on your miles or if the slave leaked on your clutch it might also be a good time to change the clutch and flywheel. I had all this done last year on my low mile Gen1 from it sitting.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know if you do it yourself. I've done mine and can help depending on my schedule.

On a side note, I also have a trailer if needed to transport and I am by the North Strabane/Peters Twp boarder (PittsburghRT is only a mile away from me as well). There is also a performance shop about 45 minutes north of us that can do it.

FYI, West Pointe Dodge is out of business.

Let me know if I can help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave